Will WCW or ECW Ever Be Brought Back Under Vince?

Bielok

Thier was a lot of rumours floating around the internet regarding the replacment of 'confidential', many sources claiming that the WCW or ECW brands could be inserted in place of it. I for one knew that this would never happen, but it did get me thinking, will WCW or ECW be brought back under Vince. I think not for two reasons:

1.The extreme entertainment needed under ECW would be watered down by Vince to aviod injuries, meaning this would not be extreme at all, even if on the slight chance it was 'extreme', young talent could not be showcased due to again the risk of getting naggling injuries for the rest of thier carears.

2. Vince is a very proud man, would he allow his name to be associated with 'failed' brands (cough, XFL) and risk his reputation when he already knows his own WWE brand is untouchable.

This is just my opinion, i really would like other grapplefanatics to voice thier opinon, this is my first thread started so let me hear what u've got.

i dont think vince will do it but it would make good buisness sense if he did. he has a lot of talent he doesnt want but he doesnt want TNA or another company to have them neither so if he had wcw or ecw he would be payin them the same contract but getting something back off them at the same time. he could also have more PPVs and merchandise sales for him to gain profit.

He would also run the risk of lossing millions in the long run thru competition not the mention the massive negative backlash he would get from the PLC side of things, or maybe vince could continue this generous offer by releasing half the roster aswell? maybe give them a few millions dollars to get going?

Havent we had this discussion at least 20 times over the past few weeks? anyway it aint gonna happen, Vince dont need to lose any more money, it would tarnish the names of the companies and their history, and frankly what is the point?

They should reinstate the ECW, install the Nasty Boyz as TagTeam champs, Bastion Booger as Champion and get Jack Bibby as GM. His creative brain is rife with extreme ideas.

Boyo, on the other hand, is starting his own fed, called BWC (Boyo's Wrestling Club). It wil consist of me (Boyo), challenging divas to roman-greco grapples in my living room. I will be a heel champ. I will make a BD (Boyo's Divas) calendar and then sell up to Vince, making me a tidy profit of ooooh...£18?

You'll see.

Cheers!

well never know the facts guys so this thread is pointless and i cant be bothered argueing any more even though i have a point on everything youve said. maybe im biased because i want them back in the same way you dont want them back. until vince staes he wil these threads are useless

It's just a simple matter of economics,

Most companies will be looking to maximise their profit by making sure that customers go to them instead of the competition, one of the best ways of doing this is buying out the competition and getting their customers.

Some companies keep the old company as it is, especially, as in some cases, the bought out company has nothing really to do with the main business, for example, tobacco companies buying out insurance companies (for obvious reasons).

Now when Vince bought out WCW and ECW he had a choice, he could have run both companies as affiliates or rip em apart and make WWE a stronger company, this would mean buying out contracts, laying off workers (which usually means a lieu payment). So it is obvious that he wanted the whole lot under one roof and halve the costs.

To make such a U-turn would mean that he is paying out more in wages to run two companies for a small percentage of the fan base, now I know if I was in that position, I think I wouldn't have even considered it as an option.

Bringing WCW and ECW back is no longer financially viable, once the decision had been made to gut the companies out.

And that is my reason Vince won't do it.

Saracen

Well Saracen you've got it in a nutshell, i was hoping and partially believing that either ECW or WCW would be coming back but now i shall dream no more, you have shattered my dream and never again shall i be so stupid to let my hopes get the best of me.

Only jokin mate, well said your statements are very well thought out and more visalble then anything i can think of, cheers for the insight.

No offence taken Bibby as you stated im new so it was just a misinterpretation.

Guest SonOfKord
Look at the WWE right now. ECW's Paul Heyman was running Smackdown, and WCW's Eric Bischoff is running RAW. It's obvious that Vince is interested in the prospect of brining them back, why else would he have someone as moronic as Heyman running one of his shows?

Another way of looking at it is that Vince would probably face media harrassment and two very big lawsuits if he bought out his main rivals and then made them jobless.

It was Heyman's and Bischoff's management that made ECW and WCW such big competition for WWE. It makes sense to have those guys in charge.

Vince also has a huge power trip, because he is now boss of those who tried to put him out of business.

Cheers!