JBL a little concerned.

BRM

Just seen the little JBL promo on smackdown and i must say that i found it all a little racist.

What he was saying was very much the type of trash i get sent through my door by the BNP, and in my opnion is worse than any necrophila angle probably even worse.

I'm dissapointed by the wwe on this one

The whole gimmick has been racist since the beginning. Teddy Long was racist in his gimmick. La Resistance were racist in theirs. Wrestling is full of racism and stereotypes. There's no getting around it. Wrestling has been that way for decades and I don't see it changing.

i think that WWE needs to end this racism now. I mean with all the war goin on and stuff too. I mean think back to the Un-Americans era. That was just sick. Burning the US flag. The La Resistance isn't so bad anymore. And the whole JBL thing needs to stop. Not only is it very racist, but its way out of the REAL bradshaws character.

Why do you even get mad about it? English people get stereotypes all the time. So he is saying things about Mexicans. Lets be honest, everything he is saying is true. He is against illegal immigration. He words it in a way to get him heel heat and its working because he is more over now than ever.

But lets be honest, like I said, what he says is pretty much true. Hell, if there was a wrestler here in the UK and he was cutting promos about all the immigrants coming into the UK, he would be a huge face, because politically correct or not, they shouldnt bloody be here taking our jobs and our money and getting free hand outs when the rest of us UK citizens are paying for them to live for free and get a nice big house will all their 20 relatives they bring with them.

I agree with what JBL is saying, I dont want him to win the title, but I'm not under any dillusions that what he is saying isnt bang on the money. Thats why they need to be careful with this gimmick, because it may put him over as a huge face without WWE even realising it!

There’s always been racism or xenophobia in wrestling, from the 50s you had evil Nazis and evil Japanese characters to play of the war, in the 60s and 70s it was evil Russians to play of the cold war, in the 80s it was evil Iranians and in the 90s it was the Nation Of Domination and Canadians and now its the French, Teddy Long and JBL.

WWE are trying to get into the hispanic market in the US because its massive wrestling watching demographic that doesn't watch WWE, so JBL claims all hispanic are illegal immigrants and the millions of legal hispanic US nationals are supposed to get outraged and pay $40 to watch Eddie beat JBL. In reality they just see a big talentless lug like Bradshaw cutting insulting promos and go back to watching AAA or CMLL on Galavision.

I wouldn't get offended because it’s racist just because it’s a tired and cheap way to try and get heat and if anything is insulting to wrestling fans intelligence.

people are way too sensitive about stuff like this...its a TV show, relax

lots of shows have racism in them for a particular storyline

like tajiri said, i don't get offended by using racism on a personal level...its just offensive to me as a wrestling fan because its lazy

tazz13 - get the Y out

i agree with cactus and beltmark. cactus is 100% right in saying that not only whites are racist which they arnt, a lot of asian are also racist and will attack a person because of their skin colour. and beltmark is right about asylum seekers they piss me off no end, what right do they have to have good jobs and money? NON. I also get pissed off when youre on the bus to school or work and you see a foreigner in a £50,000 Mercedes or Jaguar. Why? WWE is right to do this because it expresses a lot of peoples feelings and it will gain them fans.

i agree with cactus and beltmark. cactus is 100% right in saying that not only whites are racist which they arnt' date=' a lot of asian are also racist and will attack a person because of their skin colour and beltmark is right about asylum seekers they piss me off no end, what right do they have to have good jobs and money? NON. I also get pissed off when youre on the bus to school or work and you see a foreigner in a £50,000 Mercedes or Jaguar. Why? WWE is right to do this because it expresses a lot of peoples feelings and it will gain them fans.[/quote']

What do asians, asylum seekers, foreigners being allowed to buy cars and people using public transport have to do with the JBL and Eddie?

JBL is a heel playing a ignorant racist, why would WWE be doing this to gain fans when the whole point is to make you hate him?

Also look back, people were complaining about the Teddy Long gimmick aswell.

youre missing the point tajiri all im doing is saying that the UK and probably the US are fed up of asylum sekkers. a lot of people agree with JBL and if this adds more viewers (which it will) than WWE may as well carry on. not as many people complained about teddy long as they have done about JBL

youre missing the point tajiri all im doing is saying that the UK and probably the US are fed up of asylum sekkers. a lot of people agree with JBL and if this adds more viewers (which it will) than WWE may as well carry on. not as many people complained about teddy long as they have done about JBL

Yeah, because someone is going to be flicking through the channels, turn smackdown on and go "Hey that guy is right, I'm going to watch this from now on". Some how I think not.

Just gotta point out people...

The fuss over immigration in the UK is justified.

However, the USA is a nation of immigrants with no real nationhood history, and most US people don't give a sh!t.

What do asians, asylum seekers, foreigners being allowed to buy cars and people using public transport have to do with the JBL and Eddie?

JBL is a heel playing a ignorant racist, why would WWE be doing this to gain fans when the whole point is to make you hate him?

Also look back, people were complaining about the Teddy Long gimmick aswell.

The reason I brought up the Asylum seekers etc in the UK is because thats the best way of comparing what happens here to what they are portraying on SD! right now.

As for it gaining them more fans, IMO only, SD! is trying to break into the HUGE Hispanic market, their rationale is that Mexican people will hear about this American bad guy slagging them and their people off, and they will then pay their money to watch him get his ass beat by Eddie. Thats how WWE are thinking, I believe. Whether it works or not, I dunno. But I do think that Bradshaw, although not a main event guy, has done a great job with what he has been given. He has grabbed the ball and ran with it, you cant blame him for that.

The WWE is full of racism, always has been, always will be. It's the easiest way to create feuds and crowd heat. As Tajiri (I believe) said: it's lazy.

I admit I was a little concerned watching the JBL Statue of Liberty promo. I am also concerned about the "I lie, I cheat, I steal" Eddie gimmick. If this is supposed to rally more hispanic viewers then it's not a very good cry:

"Hey, this JBL character wants to deport illegal immigrants from Mexico (you should hate him, btw) and you are supposed to support Eddie, this guy who we are making out to be the actual welfare cheating Mexican who cannot win without breaking the rules. He also says "homes" a lot. This is about as close to the barrios the WWE gets. You can take it or leave. Word life."

Cheers!

Good points there Boyo.

WWE and Vince will allways try to appeal to the lowest common denominater, and race storys do that. When was the last time they had a complex storyline?

By the way Boyo, how goes Jindrak watch?

I'm watching Jindrak, Darkstar, but "Jindrak Watch" will only be updated when he does something of note like create a feud, have a belt shot, (maybe) get an allie.

I won't be noting down Shannon Moore squash matches, I'm afraid.

Cheers!

The majority of people are probably all racist in some way anyway,i think we probably all hate some race,that's just the way things are.People would try to disagree with that but it's just the truth,so i don't really see why we should complain about the wwe being racist,it's just hypocritical of us i think.

I agree' date=' he is totally classing all people from Latino descent with a label that some members of the population have. Like no Americans scrounge from the government. Yeah right![/quote']

I think the point he's trying to make is that an American who has lived there all his or her life, paid taxes etc, is ENTITLED to "scrounge" from the government, whereas some Mexican who entered the country illegally is not.

Similarly, I have worked for several years and paid taxes, and now I'm unemployed I get benefit, and I do not see it as "scrounging". However if some Albanian (or whoever) sneaks into the country in the back of a truck, they are NOT entitled to anything but being kicked out the country.

I'm sure lots of people in texas WILL be supporting JBL and what he says, because he has to put up with it, in the same way that some black people will support Teddy Long (he's a heel too) about black people being held down by the white man. However the point is that more people will disagree with JBL (and Teddy Long) or feel they are being insulted by him i.e. Mexicans (or whites).

On the subject of generating cheap heat, how come it's bad, but no-one's complaining about Cena getting cheap pops and being a blatant Rock rip-off with his stupid "five knuckle shuffle" crap?

Ed

Come to think of it, the Americans (except Native Americans) are all immigrants from the UK!

The whole Eddie being Mexican thing is being blown out of proportion. Isn't he from Texas? Who was the last Mexican person you heard saying homes and esse every other syllable?

Isn't Rey-Rey Mexican, what about the Chavos?!

If you want cheap heat, I wouldn't speak to British Gas. I'd start a fire. Or wear more layers.

I think the reason Cena is so similar to Rock (what with a stupid gimmicky move) is that people who are massively over with the crowd (Cena, Rock) have "the right" to do a showy move. It may have someting to do with the fact that Cena may be getting groomed to be the next Rock? I don't know.

People who aren't so over with the crowd, and who have showy moves, however are generally though of as imbeciles. I'm glad to see Scotty 2 Hotty wasn't on last week's SD, by the way.

Cheers!