Eddie and Benoit good champs?

Jack

i was reading before eddie and benoit became champs and a lot of TWO members thought it was a good thing for them to achieve this, but since i hear a lot of praise for eddie but not for benoit. so i just wanted your opinions on these two.

I'm pretty sure this has been done to death already but meh...Here goes my opinion.

Chris Benoit has worked hard throughout his entire career to be one of the best technical wrestlers of all time, Granted his style doesn't really keep the typical WWE Fan interested but it's about time WWE went back to basics and put the title on the one guy who knows how to work a good/great match with just about anybody on the roster, You might not like Benoit because of his lack of mic skills, That's fine. But nobody can deny that when Benoit gets in the ring he always delivers a quality match. This is why Chris Benoit is the World Heavyweight Champion, He's had countless classic matches throughout his career and this is his reward as far as I'm concerned, Sure this reign might be his first and last, But at least he can say that he was the World Champion unlike so many underappreciated athletes before him. Benoit is probably one of my all time favourite wrestlers, So I'm more than happy for him to carry the gold, Especially after all these years of watching what he has done in Japan, WCW, ECW and now WWE.

Eddie Guerrero is very similar to Benoit in the way of his this is the reward he has gotten for his years of hard work in the wrestling business, As opposed to Benoit Guerrero has the Mic Skills and Charisma to compete with some of the best talkers the WWE has to offer. To find a guy who can do just about anything like Guerrero is a rarity in Wrestling these days, He can mat wrestle, He can fly, He has some very impressive high impact moves at his disposal also. Eddie is the best thing on Smackdown right now so I doubt we'll see Eddie leaving the Main Event scene anytime soon, Which is definatly a good thing as it means Eddie will be given chance to further develop his charecter and get more than one title reign under his belt.

So in summary, Yes I do believe Benoit and Guerrero are both good worthy and extremely deserving champions. Besides it's about time WWE actually started promoting and pushing guys who are exceptional wrestlers as opposed to the average big man who has the look and nothing more.

• Like 1

Oh they are def very good champs. I mean benoit really deserves to be champ, especially after wrestling for 15 years and never got a heavyweight title run. He worked hard for it, he definitely deserves it and I think he will be a really great champ

Oh they are def very good champs. I mean benoit really deserves to be champ' date=' especially after wrestling for 15 years and never got a heavyweight title run. He worked hard for it, he definitely deserves it and I think he will be a really great champ[/quote']

Benoit has been westling for 18/19 years. Sorry, must nitpick. Anyways, I hate, when people say how Bnoit is a crappy champ, only because of his lack of mic skills, which, although not great, aren't as bad as they could be. Eddie, where do I start, he has everything. Huge pops from the crowd, fans across the world...

I guess it's cool they're both champs. I'd say they each have their downfall though. Benoit can't come out to the ring and trash talk and brag as good as HHH and most of the other former world champs. And gurrero, well when was the last time you've seen a former light heavyweight champ win the heavyweight title. It's just kinda odd.

Chris Benoit has good matches. Chris Benoit has very good matches.

Chris Benoit as World Champion has resulted in no worse ratings. Chris Benoit as Champion = Good, deserving World Champion who doesn't draw worse than Triple H. (Sorry all Hunter marks waiting to pounce on Benoit's drawing power as Champion, but you know its damn true) :)

Basically both men deserve their moment. Having Benoit as World Champion gives a morale boost to everyone in the locker room. He's a well liked guy who is a good wrestler and despite his detractors who go on and on and on and on about his mic skills, he's proving to draw no worse than Hunter. I personally can't wait until next weeks Raw. HBK v Benoit = :xyx

It's disappointing that a lot of the sportz entertainment fans don't like Chris Benoit as Champion but it isn't surprising and I think its great that for once the best wrestler is actually the Champion. I'm gonna enjoy the moment totally until Benoit drops the title again to HHH or his mate Shawn.

Edited by The Crippler

......especially after wrestling for 15 years and never got a heavyweight title run. He worked hard for it' date=' he definitely deserves it and I think he will be a really great champ[/quote']

So Hardcore Holly must be next in line as a longest serving, followed by Billy Gunn?

Anyway, I'm slightly bored of Beniot/HBK, but I'm sure this weeks match will be off the charts. Also loved the way he sold the SCM a couple of months ago on RAW :)

It's disappointing that a lot of the sportz entertainment fans don't like Chris Benoit as Champion

i don't really agree with that...i think they have taken to it quite well and benoit's reign thus far has been a very successful one (good backlash buyrate, stable raw ratings)...in fact, i think the fans are behind him more then eddie (though no fault of guerrero's...he's facing bradshaw for cryin out loud)

tazz13 - get the Y out

Benoit is a worthy champion and under-rated on the mic, he is to the point and doesnt talk around things, very ala bret hart, he just gets on with it and wrestles. They need a new feud though for him after HBK, i can see Edge turning on him after they had a tiff at the end of this weeks match

I think its great to have these two as champs, it is excellent to see some people at the top who havent been there before. Also i think it shows that the WWE are moving forward and looking to a more wrestling orientated direction.

its good to see eddie as a champ but benoit isnt a good one IMO. he cant talk on the mic which is useless in the WWEntertainment because the vast majority of WWE fans would prefer a good storyline over a good match