WWE Uk Events

mjtippett2004

Are you happy not having the title change hands in the UK?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy not having the title change hands in the UK?

• Yes,Im happy just to watch the match.
    • No,the title should change hands in the UK

Well i think the uk events should have as much hype in the us as the us events in both uk and us , because i never ever seen a very hyped up match in a uk event nor even a title to change hands not even say the tag titles that are won in regular events like raw and smackdown :evil

If it ain't in North America, it doesn't exist. Thats the general rule in WWE. It's only been majorly different (as in people actually gave a damn) when WWE did its first UK-only pay per view on Sept 20th 1997 for One Night Only when HBK defeated British Bulldog.

So there is probably 60-70% of wwe shows that don't have title changes.

God Americans must think that us brits are whingy bastards. ooooo it's not fair we have to pay for a few wwe shows a year oooooooooo we want to see title changes over here ooooooo we have to wait a week to watch raw it's not fair blah blah blah.

We should count ourseleves lucky that the wwe comes to visit the uk we should count ourselves lucky we get to see the ppv's and other tv shows.

why can't we just be happy with what we've got.

Because why should the yanks get it and not us huh just because it hosted in US dose'nt mean we cant watch itl ive and so on , i mean euro 2004 is in PORTUGAL , and we get to watch it , so why not for wrestling huh

What?

We do get to watch wrestling. The difference between WWE and Football is that it's different teams around the world under a governing body that controls the entire Euopean football scene. WWE is a group of dominantly americans that is owned by americans and presents almost 80% of all its shows in America. THerefore, America takes dominance over everything.

And the two pay-per-views you are thinking of are Rebellion and Insurrextion. :xyx

if wwe didnt have worldwide coverage it wouldnt be as huge as it is so more appreciation Vince. i think uk ppvs should be just as important as the us ones. the uk can fill huge stadiums and the ppv would sell in america so why not. i am fed up with insurrection and rebellion they dont mean anything to me. summerslam 92 was massive bigger than one they could have in the us so bring the boys over for 2 main ppvs a year vince.

Cas Jack, WWE makes more money off US pay-per-views and UK tours, apparently. I don't explain it, I can only guess. If Vince knew he could make more money off a huge one-off UK PPV like Summerslam instead of like 6 UK shows a year, he'd do it.

And get crappy buyrates in the US because the show is not live or on in the middle of the afternoon clashing with a football game or something or i guess they could hold the event at 1am in the morning like they did for the Lennox Lewis V Frank Bruno bout in the early 90's just to please the americans.

I would love to see a major wwe ppv in the Uk and i'm sure that there are plenty of american football fans in the uk that would love to see the superbowl over here too and probably plenty of american soccer fans that would love to see the champions league final on american soil. But lets face it's not going to happen and we should be happy with what we get. The americans were more than happy with a meaningless Manchester United V Celtic game last summer after all.

Then there is the cost. flying internally in the US is not that bad just think a Easyjet type airlines. Flying across the atlantic becomes pricey and don't forget that the wrestlers themselves are paying for all this out of there wages.

Then there is the fact that for a major event we really do have the millenium stadium in cardiff. You would then have to book the venue for the date that you want it, not as easy as it sounds. And not to forget the tax that they would have to pay on staging a event of such size over here it starts becoming such a hassle that it's not worth it so why bother, to please a few of us internet geeks i don't think so.

I am just glad that i get to see the matches live and in person without having to fly out to the states. I know nothing of any importance actually happens, but its all about the atmosphere, and the enjoyment factor. as their slogan says "Nothing beats the WWE live!"

I think the wwe should perhaps hold smackdown or raw over here a few times a year or at least do what they did in the late 70s British wrestlers Vs US WRESTLERS the uk would get thrashed but they used to hold it in the uk evey year in london(i think) and we would get all of the WWE,TNA, MLW, OVW all in the UK.

Ha Ha.

Im lucky enough to have witnessed a title change here in the UK, it was the tag titles back in about 96 -98ish at Sheffield im trying to remember the events name but X-Pac and Kane took the titles off sum team, the reason it's so difficult to remember is that i was only 11 at the time, but i can remember watching the next Raw and Kane and 'Pac weren't even champs so i think the titles must have changed back by the end of the tour. None of this was down to the 4 day delay of Raw broadcasts here in the UK. I'm gonna hava look for the programme of the event and i'll let you all know wot i find.

I just appreciate that we have the opportunity to see the matches. I don't care about title changes. They should make all of the matches non-title however, thus resulting in any winner. I mean, what's the point of announcing a World Heaveyweight Championship match when the belt can't change hands? I'm not saying make it do that. I'm saying make it a non-title match. It makes sense ;)

I've enjoyed the WWE UK shows that I've been to, must have seen about 4 or 5 shows now, but I think this upcoming Tour of Defiance will be my last. I'm certainly not going to travel outside of Birmingham to go and see the show (if only because of my brother's driving). I guess I'm just becoming a bit jaded by it all. I am looking forward to the end of the month though, don't get me wrong.

The tours worldwide just seem to be exhibition stuff, so I wholly agree with SCSteveAustin that they should make all the matches non-title, just so we cannot predict a winner.

Imagine watching Raw one week with Benoit as the Champ and then next week, for no apparent reason, Batista is the champ.

Cheers!