Defining Moment

Paul

Yet another thread by ol' Darkstar I'm afraid.

I was watching some old tapes before reusing them and I found what was for me a defining moment. During his face run, Brock Lesnar went beserk and threw Matt Hardy through a wall. For me that defined the entire Brock Lesnar character-the super strong animal.

What moments define for you different characters?

Edited by Paul

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think the Lesnar thing with the Hardyz really helped Brock and there were a few moments during that which really defined his monster character.

I loved Chris Benoit's character when he came into the WWE where he was a really vicious, sadistic heel. The defining moment for that character for me anyway was at King of the Ring when he hit Rikishi right smack bang in the face with a chair, then smashed the chair over his back a few more times, locked in the Crippler Crossface as all the officials ran down, then hit a headbutt through the officials and onto Rikishi.

Wrestlemania 13 when Bret Hart faced Austin in an 'I Quit' match. This match brought out the vicious side of Bret that hadnt been seen before. Even though i didnt neccessarily agree with Vince portraying Bret as i whiny coward at the end of the match. Didnt see the point in that.

Yet another thread by ol' Darkstar I'm afraid.

Tell me about it...;-)

I think Goldberg spearing that poor shmuck through the crowd barrier was a great defining moment. It was Rosey or Jamal wasn't it?

Cheers!

Wrestlemania 13 when Bret Hart faced Austin in an 'I Quit' match. This match brought out the vicious side of Bret that hadnt been seen before. Even though i didnt neccessarily agree with Vince portraying Bret as i whiny coward at the end of the match. Didnt see the point in that.

that was also austin's defining moment as well

i have 3 bigshow chokeslamming taker through the ring this made show look unstoppable, hhh hitting hbk with the sledgehammer made hhh look like a 'sadistic ba...' and orton beating cactus made orton look like a real legend killer

I have to disagree with everything you said there Bibby. For me Shows defining moment was being covered in slurry by Vince, sorry, by Eddie. HHH's defining moment for me has to be beating Cactus at the Rumble. I think Orton has yet to have his moment.

Tazzy, the image of Stone Cold locked in the sharpshooter with blood pouring down his face is the Austin image for me!

.....I loved Chris Benoit's character when he came into the WWE where he was a really vicious' date=' sadistic heel. The defining moment for that character for me anyway was at King of the Ring when he hit Rikishi right smack bang in the face with a chair, then smashed the chair over his back a few more times, locked in the Crippler Crossface as all the officials ran down, then hit a headbutt through the officials and onto Rikishi.[/quote']

That was back when I was a mark, and wanted Rikishi to win KOTR. As what Beniot had done previously to Rikishi had led to him losing, I was majorly p P 'Od with Mister Beniot :)

Tommy Dreamer's defining moment was finally getting the pinfall victory over Raven in ECW after years of failing to each time. Although he was over before that, it really put the stamp on Dreamer being a determined and coragious young man who deserved to be in the elite of ECW.

Bret Hart's defining moment as a babyface was probably his Intercontinental title victory over Mr Perfect. Cracking match, and really set the tone for Bret's future as THE man in WWF.

Isaac Yankems defining moment in the WWF was... erm... his reammergance as a Kevin Nash wannabe, I guess :)

hhh beating cactus in that incredible match didnt make him sadistic as he is constantly reffered as but hitting a man with a sledgehammer is. orton beating cactus made him in the way you think it did for hhh.

hhh beating cactus in that incredible match didnt make him sadistic as he is constantly reffered as but hitting a man with a sledgehammer is. orton beating cactus made him in the way you think it did for hhh.

I believe Triple H used a sledgehammer in that match. He had been using it for some time I believe :)

A big moment for me was the Austin one, it is a crazy image that will live with me forever.

Also, when Chyna beat JJ, that was kinda cool, I guess :roll

Austins defining moment was as tazzy said the image of him in the Sharpshooter with blood pouring down his face. Orton beating Cactus has been his defining moment so far. And Goldbergs was winning the WCW Heavyweight title for the first time.

I have a few moments. One, the episode of raw where Undertaker had austin hanging on the taker symbol. That showed the true darkside of the dead man. Second, i would have to agree with bibby that Ortons moment was beating cactus jack at backlash. Thirdly, i would have to say Shelton benjemin's first win on HHH, and his win over flair at backlash.

for me a defining moment was when hardcore holly came out to absolutely no reaction at any ppv since his comeback, stick with it bob, they will give you and lameasser billy gunn the tag straps one day for your loyalty

Because Bret Hart genuinly is a whiney bitch! LOL He is still pissing and moaning about something from 7 lloooonnnnnnggggggggg years ago :lol :roll

Because Bret Hart genuinly is a whiney bitch! LOL He is still pissing and moaning about something from 7 lloooonnnnnnggggggggg years ago :lol :roll

Mind you WWE have an even harder job of letting things go, 7 years later an their still rmaking references to it in their major shows.

hogan picking up andre was a huge thing and this put hogan over a lot. i dont see bret hart hurting austin as a major thing its a submission move what was austin supposed to do laugh it off?

Austin was in the move for about 3 minutes, he spent the time trying to power out of it which no one had ever done before, the whole time a massive amount of blood was flowing freely from his forehead before he finaly passes out. Bret Hart continues to attack him after the bell turning himself from the top face to the top heel and creating the biggest money making wrestler of all time. Saying it was only a submission is like saying "Hogan only picked up Andre" or "Foley only jumped of a cage".

so no-one ever tried to power out of the sharpshooter yeh ok then, i thought thats the only way to get out apart from getting to the ropes which austin also tried to do. i dont remember "blood flowing freely" yes he was bleeding but not that much. the only bit that change bret was him continueing the attack. bret needs to let the incident go its not like he was ruined financially or ruined in any other way by vince

Not that much!!!!! Have you even seen the match dude? His face was covered.

It was also the last time Austin lost a one on one match clean untill the 3 stages of hell Vs HHH.

i saw teh match after i read about this, which was yeaterday and earlier today and i see his forehead was bleeding to about his nose. it is not pouring out it was realier in the match but when the sharpshooter was locked in the blood ws slowing down