DVD help

Dead Crow

Ok, simple story. Tomorrow I buy a DVD. But which do I buy?

- Monday Night Wars?

- Ric Flair Collection

- Mick Foley's Greatest Bumps Thing

Now I could get MNW and reminise about the old days of RAW and Nitro when they rocked. Or the Flair collection simply because I want to hear Bobby Heenan on commentary real bad (no lie), but I bet FOley's PPV has a lot of good matches on it.

Which one will be worth my money though?

They're all good Dra so it's a hard choice, I think Foley's is the weakest of the three, with The Monday Night Wars and and the Flair Collection being really good hmmmm I would go for the Flair Collection, it's 10 hours full of Wrestling and is really worth the price (not sure how much it is at retail -£25?)

I have the flair collection cos i couldn't get monday night wars, but having said that i did enjoy it immensely, even thought it took a age to get through.

Some pretty good matches though, I have to admit, plus the best royal rumble ever in WWE history, was a thrill to see it again through adult eyes and appreciate it for the quality it was, rather than scream "No Ric Flair...don't win it!"

Hehe

Saracen

it's unfair to spend £25 on 3 disks when I'm only interesting in one simply for someone else (Bobby Heenan).

But your getting Heenans best ever commentary performance, when Flairs comes out at #3 in the Rumble him freaking out is priceless.

Monday Night Wars is quite revisionist at times but thats only to be expected, Vince McMahon also claims to never of been a competitive promoter and just looked out for his own promotion, which is like Billy Gunn claiming to never of been a shit wrestler. Monday Night Wars is an enjoyable DVD but just don't expect to learn anything new or have a historical look at that time.

I've been out - bought Shawn Michaels DVD (out of nowhere) and have ordered Monday Night Wars. I'm gonna probably try to find the Royal Rumble 92 somewhere else (on the net or something).

And I expect to learn nothing new about the Monday Night Wars that "Sex, Lies and Headlocks" hasn't taught me - I just wanna reminise :)

I've been out - bought Shawn Michaels DVD (out of nowhere) and have ordered Monday Night Wars. I'm gonna probably try to find the Royal Rumble 92 somewhere else (on the net or something).

I'd expect that the 1991 and 1992 Royal Rumbles will be coming out before long as part of the SV "Tagged Collection", I've got 1989 and 1990 on a Double DVD, Only £14.99 so I'd expect that 91 and 92 won't be far off.

wwe has been doing a nice job with their dvd releases

a forgotten good one is the hogan dvd...its a 2 disk one that is pretty full of extras...hogan may be the shits, but the dvd is da shit

rey misterio's is also kinda underrated...the main program is a little weak, but it does feature 10 extra matches, including his 5 star classic with eddie at halloween havoc

brock lesnar's is also good for what it is and its relatively cheap...its a good retrospect of his first year in wwe featuring all his main matches from that time period...its not great or anything, but i'd recommend it to brock fans

The Shawn Micheals DVD is very good, A few things missing IMO but still an excellent DVD.

I too bought "The Monday Night Wars" recently and to be honest whilst it's a decent enough DVD with some great extras it didn't really show me anything I didn't already know about the wars...Although it was funny seeing just how much of a kiss ass Gerald Brisco is.

I personally prefer the Ric Flair DVD over all the others but thats just because I'm a huge Ric Flair mark and I never get tired of watching him and some of his classic promos, Which are out of this world. Easily the greatest of all time.

I agree with tazzy also, The Hogan DVD is very underated, Some very nostalgic stuff on their.

I'm just looking to some of the other DVDs coming out this year, Benoit, Guerrero, Bret Hart, The ECW DVD...Good to see the library being put to good use.

Totally agree wit you guys regarding Hogan's DVD, it is very good, and is up there with Flair's, HBK's and Foley's. Infact I probably prefer Hogan's DVD to HBK's.

Its got some good extras like Flair/Hogan Bash at the Beech '94, plus loads of ther stuff.

does the flair dvd have the monday night raw match vs mr perfect? that was a great match

Nope, sadly it doesn't. While on this subject, there is certainly enough material knocking about to make a second Flair collection, hope the WWE do.

Nope' date=' sadly it doesn't. While on this subject, there is certainly enough material knocking about to make a second Flair collection, hope the WWE do.[/quote']

yeah they left out a bit of stuff...they could make another with his match against sting at clash 1, vader at starrcade 93, his classic with luger, 1987 wargames, his feud with savage, loser leaves wwe match with hennig, his matches with bret, the chi town rumble versus steamboat, etc.

sounds like a good volume 2 to me

tazz13 - get the Y out

Edited by tazz13