University Challenge(s)

NJC

Good day to you all

Just wondering, now the deadline for UCAS university applications has passed (well, for most anyway), who here is going to university, and where?

I have chosen Essex as my firm acceptance, and Plymouth as my insurance.

Bearing in mind that I live in Cornwall, Essex is quite far to go to Uni, and Plymouth would admittedly be far more convenient, but I have been swayed by the fact that a- Essex has a superb social science reputation, and as the course I am doing is "International Relations with Politics" that should stand me in good stead, b- my mate is going there aswell, so a bit of strength of numbers and c- going far afield should make me more independent.

To get in I need A,B,C- which is hard, but hopefully I should get it.

So, where are you all spreading your wings?

Cheers, Nick

(PS- anyone from Essex- I would appreciate it if you could reply telling me how it is to live there, what it's like to go out, cost of living etc. etc. etc.)

I just wanted to say congratulations on filling out the UCAS form, since it's harder than doing the f**king degree you're going to study!

Seriously, why do they make those things so ridiculously complicated? Does anyone in the real world really give a shit whether or not you're about to receive a National Dance and Drama Award?

I went to Birmingham Uni, and I must say NJC, with those grades you should be able to sneak in to Birmingham in the summer.

Birmingham ROCKS! Has great nightlife, great clubs, great bars, great football teams, a great library, great clothes boutiques and, of course, the NEC where WWE goes to quite frequently.

Cheers!

I just wanted to say congratulations on filling out the UCAS form, since it's harder than doing the f**king degree you're going to study!

Seriously, why do they make those things so ridiculously complicated? Does anyone in the real world really give a shit whether or not you're about to receive a National Dance and Drama Award?

:lol My dad said the exact same thing about the Dance/Drama thing.

Yeah, the UCAS forms are a major pain in the rear. I'm currently at the University of Ulster doing an Honours Degree in Computing Science. My sister has applied for a course at Coleraine to do Psychology.

Anyways, good luck NJC and whoever else hoping to get into University this year.

Yeah Cripp, it was my Dad who flipped about the National Dance and Drama Award as well. We were filling out an application for my brother so that he would have all the details to hand when he came to do it properly. My Dad thought he would be helpful by trying to do some of the form as well, things like digging out my brother's National Insurance card and getting some of his details in order. It was frustrating enough, but when he heard the dance and drama question, that was the point when he really began to curse profusely and walked out of the room. :lol

I'd also like to wish good luck to everyone who is planning to start university this year.

I went to Birmingham Uni, and I must say NJC, with those grades you should be able to sneak in to Birmingham in the summer.

Birmingham ROCKS! Has great nightlife, great clubs, great bars, great football teams, a great library, great clothes boutiques and, of course, the NEC where WWE goes to quite frequently.

Cheers!

Thats why I'll be applying for Birmingham when I eventually get through the whole high school/sixth form thing, plus I can go to St Andrews every weekend :thumbsup