Paul Burchill WWE bound or even Material?

Spiritchaser

My first thought is would Dean Ayass let his meal ticket leave FWA, or would he go with him and act as an on-screen manager/adviser. Here we have a 25 year old monster in the same mould as Lesnar, but with a Brits brain, could Burchill be WWE Champ or would he become misused like so many other Great Brits Steve Regal et al. I suppose my question is does Vinny Mc know how to promote a British World Champ without making the American stars appear less than godlike. I personally think not. Maybe however Burchill is the one to change a that because that solo Spanish fly and his C4 finisher could really go down well with an American audience. Then the house shows in England could also be shown as PPV's in the States as well. Just a thought.

Alex Shane used to touch on this subject when Talkwrestling was still going. I think that while Birchill is very impressive over here in America he would stand out less, especially in the WWE. Yes he is big and a decent worker but look at the wwe's product, half the roster is big and a decent worker.

Thats what holds alot of talent back in most countries, while they are good on their own territory when it comes to the big leagues there is nothing special about them.

Out of all the British wrestlers only Jonny Storm and Doug Williams have managed to really break into the US indy scene, and thats because the are exceptional at what they do, that is the only feature that really makes them stand out, not their look or the fact that their British, but because they have the wrestling skills.

Look at the wwe now, how many big men are there from outside of the USA? Now ask yourself how many bland wrestlers are there in the wwe from outside the uk?

i have never seen this guy but surely if he was as big and strong as lesnar wwe would have signed him. wwe should stop haveing every other wrestler that isnt american as the heel look at british bulldog he was one of the best wrestlers ever and a major face. i remember luger and bulldog as the allies and they were vey successful so it would be good if they signed him if he is that good but only if he was a face

I've seen Burchill a few times on TWC. I wouldn't say he's as big as Brock Lesnar by any stretch of the imagination. He is strong though, I'll give him that.

He'd probably be physically similar to Chuck Palumbo or Rico; big guys, but not the biggest.

Cheers!

ive seen him a few times on FWA i think on TWC. I must say he seems to be quite impressive but while we are on the subject of british wrestlers that shud be wwe bound lets talk the best british wrestler around

JONNY STORM should be in the wwe in my opinion

as for other guys who wwe should sign im stickin to my guns and although I dont like the WWE cruiserweight didvison to guys that I would like to see in WWE are Chris Sabin and Michael Shane. Shane seems to wanna be like his cousin HBK so much though lol

Jonny Storm isn't special enough to get anywhere in the WWE. If even Spike Dudley can't get anywhere, Storm ain't got a chane in hell. Michael Shane would be ok with the HBK relevence if only he had an ounce of ability to speak. HAIL SABIN would rock, bu would no doubt be waited.

Birchill is a big guy for the UK scene who is pretty athletic and does a lot of different moves. But he's also overrated.

• 3 weeks later...

For Jack Bibby

Hey Jack,

Burchill is 6'4" and 270 pounds and does a standing shooting star press that has to be seen to be beleived and also a standing moonsault to boot and his C4 finisher entails holding his opponent upside down over his shoulder and dropping him on to the back of his neck therefore damaging the C4 vertebrae. Scary dude. Check him out on TWC if you haven't already FWA.

Spiritchaser. Away.

Personally I think this guy would be perfect for the WWE but...

They don't seem to like big athletic guys anymore look at Mike Awesome and Sean O'Haire.

Also they probably would'nt want him doing the C4 either it's a bit too dangerous.

I reckon he'd be better off in the indies for a while maybe TNA

The big guys in the back who are'nt as skilled or agile as him would be threatened by him and the fact he's an outsider coming t take their spot would mean the politics game would cripple him before he really got going. ROH have spoken of bringing him in and I think if Williams got NOAH to look at him he could be a monster gaijin over there... the WWE may give him money but they'll turn him into damaged goods.

ive been watching some guys on the wrestling channel for a while now and basically my opinion is that burchill wouldnt get in wwe.

wwe dont seem to be interested in uk wrestlers, fact hence the reason we only have regal in at the moment. wwe focus their efforts in american canadian and japanese wrestlers. so i dont expect to see many more british guys for while, especially seeing as tho wwe use stereotypes wayyy to much as they see the english as snot nosed tea drinkers etc

Theres a lot of guys on the TNA roster who could work for WWE Well especially in the X division. Thing is with TNA though they like to use other guys like Jonny Storm, Sonjay Dutt etc rather than the typical US/Canadian wrestlers.

In my opinion WWE should be looking at some of the younger guys in feds like FWA and TNA and looking for talent rather than nationality. However what I said before I do mean, Im a massive fan of Michael Shane and Chris Sabin. I know AJ apparently turned down WWE, but I do see Aj Styles someday being in WWE. I have a feeling about that one.