"Mordecai": Political Implications

Boyo

Uh-oh! It's all becoming clearer...WWE have done it again. They are entering the world of Politics; have they not learned their lesson?

Perhaps they have.

WWE have toned down their basic political thuggery (La Resistance, Mr America and JR's jingoism), and have gone for a new character with much deeper undertones than most fans will comprehend, at first. Mordecai reeks of Vince's right wing political views, but how many of the fans will get it?

Judging by the promos, Mordecai is a mysterious, dangerous Christian warrior. It looks like he has a warped view of religion, judging by the disfigured cross that is his emblem. He looks like he has lived a life of exile and alienation, and is coming back to wreak his revenge, maybe on the Undertaker (as the banished desciple). It should be a cracking feud, I'm looking forward to it.

Released from prison last week was MORDECHAI VANUNU, 50, a former nuclear techinian imprisoned for 18 years, including 12 in solitary confinement, for revealing Israeli nuclear secrets to a British newspaper. Whilst in prison, he converted to Christianity, and upon release claimed he is "proud and happy to do what I did". Many think Mordechai went insane during his time in solitary, and will seek revenge against the people who locked him up. A debate rages today: is he a hero or traitor?

It's all coincidence, surely..?

It goes to show that WWE is running out of ideas!

Having said that, Israel needs a thourough kick up the bum and if that stunted genocidal maniac in the whitehouse isn't going to do it, it's nice to see WWE putting across publicly that not all Americans agree with Mr. Warmonger.

Remember, Jesse Ventura wants to be the first wrestler in the whitehouse!

Let's face it, what should be important is how this new wrestler takes on the role and how much of an effect he will have to the storyline.

Hope he does well, even if his creation is on shakey ground.

Saracen

it's nice to see WWE putting across publicly that not all Americans agree with Mr. Warmonger.

I think Vince and JR have conjured this one up between them. It reeks of total support to Bush's ethics of Christian values. You could even say he is a Creepy Little Bas... or maybe not.

I don't think this will play out politically in the ring; please don't take offense, the fans are too ignorant to notice the similarity. I only came across this when I read a full article about the news topic.

It's very creepy though, underestimating the fans though.

What do you other guys think of Mordecai or the possible underestimation of the fans by WWE?

Cheers!

The character is a complete, total, rip-off anyway. You don't need to delve too far into SCW storylines to see where it's been stolen from. Yeah, okay, some will say "eff off, like the WWE look at SCW" and I'd agree...until you realise that Conscience was at the 2003 WWE/OVW Tryout Camp and was wearing almost exactly that same gear, worked the same gimmick and used the same promos.

WWE and their bloody tributes, it makes me sick. lol

"Mordecai": Political Implications

I first read that as "Mordecai: Pectorial Implants" and I was preparing a big post about how he was entitled to get surgery done to make him look more buff because it worked for The Rock, and then I was going to talk about whether he would wear a T Shirt to hide the scar and...Oh, Political Implications. Whoops.

Anyway, I also saw the story about that Mordecai nuclear (it's pronounced nuclear...nuclear) dude, although on Real Radio they called him "Mor-Deeky" in a way that rhymes with "freaky". WWE seem to be calling him "Mor-diki" so that it rhymes with "fly". So who's right with the pronounciation? Is anyone right? I still have friends who call wrestlers Jeff JERRETT and Marc MARO, so maybe they're both right. You say Mor-deeky, I say Mor-diki.

Maybe we shouldn't expect so much of this guy but IMO by the sounds of his wrestling ability and the character they're giving him, he sounds like a possible future face of smackdown............................O NO THIS MEANS ANOTHER CRAP RAP BY CENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!