Edge vs Orton Dream match in the making?

Spiritchaser

Following the recent events on Raw and the beat down of Edge and Benoit by Evolution I beleive that the upcoming match between Orton and Edge will be very special indeed. Ok i can't do with Orton but i appreciate what he brings to the dance, however i would love to see him in a Hell in the Cell match with Edge or Mankind, but maybe Mick has had enough of those matches? While i'm on the subject of Evolution i think it is about time for a shake up in this little gangs status quo how about HHH Vs Batista for a start, i am wearying of HHH who i have disliked since he debuted as Hunter Hearst Helmsley, beat the 'Taker b4 u claim to b the Game pompous ass. If we cannot have a HITC with Orton and Edge then how about a singles TLC? Edge however needs another finisher than that clumsy looking Spear he throws about. Bob's boy escaped the Mandible Claw u know c i'm off about that again,hate that hold almost as much as Trish's Thesz press.

Following the recent events on Raw and the beat down of Edge and Benoit by Evolution I beleive that the upcoming match between Orton and Edge will be very special indeed. Ok i can't do with Orton but i appreciate what he brings to the dance' date=' however i would love to see him in a Hell in the Cell match with Edge or Mankind, but maybe Mick has had enough of those matches? While i'm on the subject of Evolution i think it is about time for a shake up in this little gangs status quo how about HHH Vs Batista for a start, i am wearying of HHH who i have disliked since he debuted as Hunter Hearst Helmsley, beat the 'Taker b4 u claim to b the Game pompous ass. If we cannot have a HITC with Orton and Edge then how about a singles TLC? Edge however needs another finisher than that clumsy looking Spear he throws about. Bob's boy escaped the Mandible Claw u know c i'm off about that again,hate that hold almost as much as Trish's Thesz press.[/quote']

I think that would be a very good match indeed. Both workers seem to have the it factor that could bring out a good match. I also think that they could be the two stars to start a new revolution in wrestling like the attitude era was austin. The new era will have young looking guys :)

I think edge needs to dump his pathetic spear, and stop dancing about like a nancy boy when he enters an arena. If he could sort out these things, then he may actually come across as half way believable. At the moment he comes across as more of a frightened teenager with a stick shoved up his arse, than a hardened razzler. He needs to get serious. He has a ton of talent, and now that he's bulked up, the doors are wide open. (Just polish up that act edge.)

IMO edge would be better as a heel because the whole clean cut image doesnt suit the guy. his finisher is crap it looks soft and he would be better of with a death valley driver or burning hammer. with DX2 supposedly on the arrival when HHH leaves and HBK turns it wouldnt suprise me if Orton joined them and betrayed the other 2 so maybe a fued with Batista with Flair as Ortons manager

Edge as a heel has been done before as a surfer kinda guy with Christian. It was funny as hell. But I think that this gimmick he is using now is working well for him. Before he got injured last year didn't he have a story line where he was really annoyed at everything and was like a psycho of sorts or am i thinking of someone else?

Flair in his prime vs. Angle = dream match

Austin vs. Goldberg = dream match

Dynamite Kid vs. Chris Benoit = dream match

Edge vs. Orton = midcard filler match

damn straight chris that is spot on, edge is a no body, they need to push shelton benjamin instead, so much more potential but they have done nothing with him

SPOILERS HERE!!

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS, DON"T READ LEST YOU BE SPOILED!!

Based on the happenings on RAW between Orton and Benjamin, as well as those between Batista, Flair, Edge, and Benoit, I really doubt that the fued will happen. Seeing as Benjamin beat down Orton, I doubt that anything will happen between Orton and Edge for a while.

Edited by Chris2K

I'd like to see Orton turn on all his loser team mates. Anyone else share the same view' date=' on last weeks RAW, during the Benoit and Edge vs. Flair and Batista, where was Orton?[/quote']

I have a feeling they are building slowly towards this outcome anyway, perhaps it's just the way he does it, but I have a feeling that Orton doesn't really want to be a heel.

He just needs some love gawddamnit!

Saracen

I agree it would be a decent in-ring match, but Edge, IMO, is shite! His gimmick is crap. He has pumped a huge load of steroids and grown a bigger beard to try and protray a tough guy, and its insane. Edge is a pretty boy who is better suited as a cocky cowardly heel, he isnt a tough guy! Hell, my Nan could probably drop Edge! Cut the act Copeland, go back to being a funny, quirky heel, because a tough guy, your not!

i think edge should go for the world heavywieght title he was about to face lesnar before his injury and im sure he could have won that so i dont think edge vs ortan will be that good and i hope batista leaves evolution hes too good for them let him show his potential.

I do think Edge needs to change something about him. Not sure whether it be a heel turn, a bit of a gimmick about him or a change of look but he should change something. If you compare the reactions he has been getting since he came back to those he was getting before his injury then they've been pretty disappointing.

I wouldn't class Edge v Orton a dream match but it could certainly develop into a great feud.

I agree, There is something about Edge, I can't really put my finger on it, It's like he has all the potential in the world to be a Main Event star. But I think he simply doesn't have that "IT" factor, I think he'll always be there or there abouts with the regards the title picture but I don't think Egde will ever really become a huge name that everyone will rememeber in a few years time.

Orton will be a bit hit and miss really, It really depends on how they push him this year, If they keep going the way they have with him beating Foley cleanly in recent matches he will get over eventually, When Evolution do split I'd like to see Orton turn face just to see what he could do from there.

As for the feud between the two, I'd like to see it as I think it trully would be the deciding factor on whether either makes it as a big money draw.

Nice One Folks

Whilst i agree with most of what is written here, my ultimate aim was to garner an idea of the kind of minds i am dealing with and i'm happy to say without exception i am impressed by the level of consciousness shown. Dream matches in my experience very rarely live up to the hype, take Lesnar / Goldberg for example two men with nowhere to go and no-one to give a monkeys. Exceptions to this are Rock / Hogan WM 19 pure theatre, personally would loved to have seen 'Taker in his prime take on Goldberg but c'est la vie. Flair / Angle also would have been sweet once upon a time but reality is so often stranger than the fiction that we thrive on and i would watch Bret Hart wrestle Chris Benoit every day of the week, but that is purely because after 30 odd years of watching the purist is forcing his way to the top of my brain and there aint no stopping it. A very strange state of affairs for me indeed.

Remember dreams are for those who sleep.

Spiritchaser Out.