Rico

Paul

Well damn, I really enjoyed the tag match where Rico and Hass won the tag titles. Yeah so they're only a comedy team- most are at the moment, and they're a damn sight funnier then Scotty and the Phat man!

But what did get me was the fact that for once the homophobic attitude in wrestling was admitted (kind of) when JR called Hass a homophobe. The charecter is played for laughs, not for discust ( like the early version of Goldust going for Scott Hall ), or for shock/ratings ( Billy and Chuck)- people dont expect that the gay has to be treated differently to a straight character anymore ( yes make up but hey... ) and can be fun without being too offensive. And Rico seems to be having fun!

Oh yeah, the crowd love it too. They chanted 'Rico, Rico' ect during the match.

Rico=babyface by fan decision.

I've just watched the match from Smackdown! and I've not laughed so much at a WWE Show since the Coach getting the green mist from Tajiri a few weeks back. Rico's Character is working out well for him, and as Darkstar said it does remind me of the old Goldust - Razor Ramon stuff. Just hope they don't overpush it too soon and kill off the character before it get's going.

For the first time in a long time i am enjoying a smackdown angle, the rico miss jackie and haas relationship is pure comedy genius, the match itself was hilarious, rico chap sticking and trying to comfort haas after his painful altercation with a ring post

I think the Rico/Haas/Jackie combo is just the thing the Smackdown show needs, can you imagine...

Tazz: The menacing Dudley Boyz on the offensive now Cole

Cole: I have to agree Tazz, but i dont like thier recent attitude of late

Tazz: Hey Cole, I like the Dudleyz, thier good friends of mine

Cole: Oh my The Dudleys have got Haas.

Dudleyz: WHASSUPP!

Tazz: OH MY! RICO! RICO's LICKING BUBBA'S ASS !

Cole: Dam right Tazz, they dont teach you that in ECW !

LOL!! Very humorous.

I thought the comedy was very good but watch out, in a couple of weeks they'll make a full on face turn. Haas/Rico will be in a singles match, and then he will receive a beat down and then his partner comes in, saves him and then they hug.

Cheers!

Its extremely funny to see Rico play the gay character to the full, but at the same time it could seen as very offencive. Haas and Rico as a tag team could be very good, with eventually Haas overcoming his Homophonbia (something which it seems all wrestlers are suffering from!) Although It could go the other way and end up with Haas being gay!

Cannot see that after Billy and Chuck, but hey, even I can be wrong!

Hey Boyo, I'd say that Rico is allready a face, the crowd made him one! And with a heel partner in Hass it could stay a good combination. That would be great- the croud booing one partner while cheering the other! Normally only happens in a Sean Waltman match!

I'm not sure Rico is a full-on face just yet. The week before he didn't get any crowd pops when he was wrestling against Haas, they didn't know what to make of him. The crowd like him though. I wouldn't say Haas is a heel, either, he seems to be stuck in limbo. In the next couple of weeks Rico will be getting a beat down and Haas will rush to the ring to save him, probably from those damn Dudleys.

It all seems so obvious...

Cheers!

Perhaps he didn't get the pops becous the Smackdown fans wanted to see what he would be like-despite being the same character on Raw I vastly prefer him on Smackdown. Go figure!

And yes it does seem obvious, but Hass could still be that little bit annoyed enough to stay heel..........