Storylines/Moves that went too far

RhinoRock

Can anyone remember the PPV, where The Rock was pouding Mick Foleys skull with the steel chair while Foley was handcuffed in an I Quit match.

I thought that this was one storyline that went too far.

It made me cringe at the time and it looked even worse when it was shown on "Beyond the Mat" through the eyes of Foleys family. His wife & kids were distraught.

What other storyline/moves have made others feel uncomfortable or think that they went too far or were just plain sick?

The Katie Vick storyline went too far as soon as the WWE had thought of it, it was sick, disgusting etc etc. Also the Al Wilson saga was just plain stupid, and the resulting Dawn/Torrie "thing" was just as bad. Anything with Zach Gowen in it was also going too far, he was too much of a charity case for me to take him seriously.

Yeah I'll have to say that the Katie Vick storyline was very inappropriate indeed.

The most recent Vince vs Stephanie feud where they had an "I Quit" match was wrong as well. The whole concept of the story was that Vince believed he was the devil incarnate and risked splitting his family just so he could knock his daughter black and blue was wrong, too.

The Papa Shango as a Witch Doctor was incredibly inaccurate and patronising to those who believe in that kind of thing. Not that I do.

Lastly, I think they're off on a bad road with this whole Eugene Dinsmore thing. Ive been very sceptical so far however have admitted that currently the WWE have done a quite good job with the story. It can only become pear-shaped though IMO.

Cheers!

meh...show me the worst thing wwe has ever done and i'll find something 10 times worse after watching tv for 5 minutes

wwe is tame compared to most of television

they have done stuff that offends me as a wrestling fan because its just stupid (i.e., katie vick), but none of it offends me personally

The Katie Vick stuff was the only thing they ever did actually offended me, and I stopped watching for ages. It was just downright sick.

The Bossman thing at Big Show snr's funeral actually made me laugh, then again I wasn't aware that Shows Dad legitimately died.

The Pillman/Austin gun thing was mentioned earlier, in my opinion that's one of the best angles in wrestling history.

I dont get offended or digusted by anything in wrestling because its not real. Some of it is in bad taste, but it doesnt bother me in the slightest, it just bores me. They could have HHH shagging donkey for all I care, I wouldnt be offended or disgusted, just bored because I'd prefer to see somebody put on a great match and be elevated. I'm surprised people take the time to write into Watchdog etc, dont they have anything better to do? If you dont like it, turn it off, dont get so offended that you feel the need to have to actually take the time out of your day to pen a little letter and send it in. Makes no difference, they ignore what people say anyway.

I dont think the Eugene thing is bad YET. They arent really taking the piss out of him and retarded people as of yet, they are putting him more across as being simple. He reminds me of Jameson who used to come to the ring with the Bushwhackers back in 1991/1992, and nobody was offended by him.