23rd April - St. George's Day!

Cactus Jack

Yes, its that time of the year when the whole of England forgets its their national day. I bet they'd remember it better if it was a national holiday!

Anyway, any plans for tomorrow? Are you going to any themed parties? Will your car be decked out in the national colours? Will your clothing be nationally orientated?

Whatever happens, please make an effort and stop your national day from dying!

well, happy st george's day to all you english peeps out there, and anyone else looking for an excuse to get lagered. I think I might avoid going out tonight - the city centre might be a bit gruesome.

I must admit I'd totally forgotten, but being welsh it's never been a big priority to me.

An interesting fact though.... St. George actually originated from India and migrated over here' date=' just like half of our population...[/quote']

Ooh, controversial.

If he's from India, why's he called St George? Surely it would be St Raj or something like that.

I've seen a lot of St George Crosses today, I never forget the date, but I never really do anything either, although I think something should be done.

Today is the day to celebrate England being great? Not to those involved in BBC and ITV's football coverage. To them, every day is the day to celebrate Ing-ur-laaaaahnd.

I have a wee story for the non-English contingent here that happened last night. Around 4am, in the flat I was staying over in, some English loudmouthed knuckledraggers (I know, I was shocked such people exist too) started singing "Ing-ur-laaaaahn, Ing-ur-laaaaahn" at the top of their voices. Everyone trying to sleep round about came to their windows, and a few shouted "Shut the **** up ya ****in' dawbbers!" The morons continued their singing and dancing.

Just then a big blob of spit from the top level of a flat came splattering down all over one of them, and the two idiots crawled back into their caves.

So I'm optimistic that spit gets rid of all the English fans who seem so obsessed with spreading the word how great they are at football. Hopefully it'll come into use in the summer, when I can use my phlegm to get rid of a few people with surnames like Motson. Roll on Euro 2004, Vivé La France!