WWE GREATEST SIGNING

Fletch

Now WWE have made some great signings down the years.....everyone they have on their roster ever has been signed from somewhere.....so that means that anyone whos ever been in WWE/WWF/WWWF can be called a signing but whos the best??

Bret Hart? HBK??? HHH??? Austin? Hogan? Rock? Angle? Orton? Foley? Warrior? etc etc

No no i think the simple answer is ERIC BISCHOFF

i mean while hes only on air talent and doesnt have anypull backstage the amount i feel eric puts into shows is phenomenal.

RAW basically isnt the same without Bischoff..he makes us laugh, get mad, happy sad etc etc and basically people love to hate bischoff which is why he basically adds so much to RAW. So there it is my opinion is that eric bischoff is wwes greatest signing ever

whos yours

Hogan, without a doubt. Vince Jr. saw how much of a star and how over Hulk was getting in the AWA so he snapped him up and ran with him. Austin was the second biggest, but at the time he was a jobber as the Ringmaster, so his signing cant be considered big, they just got lucky with him. Hogan was also the biggest signing for WCW 10 years later, followed by Hall & Nash.

Austin simply because they took a fairly big gamble on him and it paid off in a huge way for them. Hogan was already starting to establish himself before he arrived in WW(F)E. When you consider what WCW did with Austin and then see the turn around when he eventually lost the "Ringmaster" gimmick, It's probably the biggest signing they have ever made money wise.

Eric Bischof.

Well, he was back.....and better than ever

well in terms of non-wrestlers then I'd say the Bisch

wrestlers?...hogan and austin I suppose

I'll try and take your thread and change the direction now F2k, although it probably wont work....Who was the worst signing?

Heidenreich?

Coma is correct in saying that WWE took a gamble with Austin, and yes he is def one of the best signings ever!!! But, even though I'm not a huge Hogan fan anymore, my choice would have to be the mighty man with the pythons!!!!!! Hogan made the bizz what it is.

In my opinion Bischoff wouldnt be very high on my list of best signings, purely because his input on WWE isnt all that much. He's just a colour charactor now. And I can think of plenty more guys who have put the time sweat and blood into WWE who deserve a shout first.

I dont think you can single it out as to who the WWE's greatest signing has been. There has been many wrestlers who have come in, made an impact and done wonders for business such as Hogan, Austin, Rocky, Bret Hart and Shawn Micheals. Each of them have helped push the WWE/F forward in one way or another and it isnt fair to single one of them out. As to Eric Bischoff, it is good that the WWE took him on, and he does have a way with words and with the fans, but by no means is he their best signing.

Hogan and Rock, without a doubt.

I guess one of the best measures of how successful a wrestlerhas been is when you ask someone who never watches WWE and ask them to name a wrestler. They'll probably still say "err...Hulk Hogan? The Rock? Errr..." or something similar.

Ask a wrestling dunce to name a current wrestler on the roster and I don't think they could. Ask them 5 years ago they would have said "Rock". Ask them to name ANY wrestler they'll say "Hogan".

Cheers!

I'd agree with Hogan, and Austin, but less so as someone said, because he just got lucky. If it hadn't been for the MSG incident Austin would never have had his "Austin 3:16" saying which got him over a lot.

As far as signings go, I'd only really include people they picked up as nobodies from other top promotions, so really people like Bret and Shawn weren't that great because they weren't really famous when they picked them up, so it wasn't a great signing.

It's like David Beckham wasn't a GREAT signing because they picked him up as a schoolboy, and he just happened to turn out well. The other 10 players they probably picked up at the same time are now playing in the 2nd division or something.

One that everyone seems to be missing is HHH. He was a nobody in WCW, but WWF picked him up, repackaged him as Hunter, and he got over pretty well. Then throughout all his phases - Hunter Hearst Helmsley, DX, etc he's always done really well.

Ed

I'd agree with Hogan, and Austin, but less so as someone said, because he just got lucky. If it hadn't been for the MSG incident Austin would never have had his "Austin 3:16" saying which got him over a lot.

As far as signings go, I'd only really include people they picked up as nobodies from other top promotions, so really people like Bret and Shawn weren't that great because they weren't really famous when they picked them up, so it wasn't a great signing.

It's like David Beckham wasn't a GREAT signing because they picked him up as a schoolboy, and he just happened to turn out well. The other 10 players they probably picked up at the same time are now playing in the 2nd division or something.

One that everyone seems to be missing is HHH. He was a nobody in WCW, but WWF picked him up, repackaged him as Hunter, and he got over pretty well. Then throughout all his phases - Hunter Hearst Helmsley, DX, etc he's always done really well.

Ed

Whats the MSG incedent got to do with Austin detting his 3:16 gimmick? That is of course if we're talking about the same MSG incident, but please could you be a bit more specific on that one for me?

As for HHH, wasn't really a good signing, WWF bought him from WCW, packaged him as a poor mans "Lord" Steven Regal and his career was going nowhere until he became the Clique's baggage handler, then later started sh*gging the boss's daughter.

HHH was set for a super push in early 96 (despite at the time having a real lack of heat or any notable talent in the ring) which would contain a King of the Ring win leading to a summer programme with Michaels, but the MSG incident took place and with Nash and Hall going, Michaels holding the title and untouchable, HHH was the one punished by having his push axed and Austin replaced him. He's always been bitter about it ever since, don't see why mind you, it was entirely his own fault. Edited by Tajiri

I'd agree with Hogan' date=' and Austin, but less so as someone said, because he just got lucky. If it hadn't been for the MSG incident Austin would never have had his "Austin 3:16" saying which got him over a lot.[/quote']

The way the "Austin 3:16" phrase came about at the 1996 King of the Ring when Austin beat Jake Roberts in the final and cut that great promo, bashing Roberts and his relgious beliefs. Austin would never have won this event if it wasnt for the MSG thing, so it was luck. Plus, Austin had no intention of running with it, until they next night on RAW there were 'Austin 3:16' signs all over the crowd. So they did get lucky with it, he said something that stuck. It was luck. They had no intention of pushing him in the World title picture, he got over because the fans liked his attitude, but it all only came out by chance when he cut that promo.

They got lucky with Austin and the Rock, they just so happened to get over huge but none of them got over at all with the gimmicks that were intended for them. (Ringmaster and Rocky Miavia).

EDIT: Sorry I think I mis-read your post Ed

Edited by The Beltster

i get fed up of people dissin hogan, austin i admit was good but he has been around famously fom 1996+ whereas hogan has been around since the early 80s so if austin did more he could have been the best. hhh was an awesome wrestler and is very over now and he will be a legend. 1 question why does hhh still have the gimmick of hunter hearst helmsley? stephanie called him hunter and his full name is still hunter hearst helmsley yet he has nothin posh about him

Hogan is the best signed' date=' the worst would have to be Noble i guess.[/quote']

Noble?!

Jamie Noble is a fantastic cruiserweight, one of the best on the roster.

You might not like him because he's a heel, but if anybody remembers his matches with Mysterio, Tajiri and Kidman they were brilliant.

Noble is a good signing as far as I'm concerned, and there must be more people who agree. His wrestlng skills are incredible, Mr. "Untouchable" may not like his character but you must respect his in ring talent.