Kane in the 2004 Olympics...

Mr.R_Wolverine

I read an article in RAW magazine that Kane was going to be in the Summer Olympics. Can someone shed some more light on this for me? Thanks

It's one of those silly little kayfabe gags they stick in sometimes - not to be taken seriously. Much like this:

Craig David's joining the British Olympic Team.

The Archery Squad, to be exact.

He's going to be their Bow Selector.

[/coat]

What exactly was he supposed to be entering for? Surely if there was even the remotest chance of it being true they'd have said? It's not like someone just decides to enter the olympics without knowing which event they're going for! :lol

Ed

if i knew wot a sabbatical wos i would comment!!

if i knew what a wot was i could help you! sabbatical is taking some time out, for example if i become a sabbatical officer at my uni i become someone who is taking time out from their studies to carry out a role. A sabbatical isnt a holiday as such more a period of extended leave from whatever you were doing at the time

Perhaps it was special olympics! Kane and Eugene are the start of WWE's relay team. They had Zack Gowen and Undertaker as the other two, but now Zacks gone and the olympic comittee decided being dead was too much of a disability to allow taker to compete.

Sorry if I offended anyone with this post!

Here is the opening bit of the article, doesn't give much away.

"RAW EXCLUSIVE:

KANE HEADED TO ATHENS FOR 2004 SUMMER OLYMPICS

By Brian Solomon

Amateur wrestling, as any mat expert will tell you, is about as different from the professional game as night is from day. It requires very different skills, and very rarely has an athlete been able to translate success on the amateur mat into success in the ring. No one has ever done it in reverse. Yet, Raw Magazine has learned that this summer, none other than the rampaging madman Kane plans on doing just that. That's because the former WWE Champion no has his sights set on Olympic gold."

WWE Raw! Magazine

I have been doing some further research, by trawling around other sites and forums and apparently this story is nothing to joke about. Kane is taking a sabattical from the WWE to train for Athens 2004. They are giving his character a rest on Raw, and will probably dramatically re-introduce him on Summerslam, probably a different Kane though. And they will be using the "Olympian" angle (sorry about the pun) in order to make him a massively credible heel on Raw, and give him the WH belt for a spell.

Cheers!

Yeah, maybe you're right AJP.

It would be interesting, if not very funny, to see Kane ChokeSlam some poor Turkmenistan heavyweight into the mat. And then Kane extending his arms in the air when he's on the winners podium and crashing them down, making pyros of intense heat explode into the Athens night.

Perhaps it will happen? Who knows?

Cheers!

I don't know that much about amatuer wrestling, but Kane's size and strength might give him some advantage over the rest of the guys, who are probably built like Shelton Benjamin.

Saying that though, why doesn't Big Show try out? No-one could throw him or take him down, and pinning him would be impossible with his size and strength. All he'd have to do is avoid submission holds and he'd win for sure!

Ed