BOLTON TO SIGN RIVALDO?!?!

Jack

there has been a lot of news on the bolton fansite and the news about bolton signing rivaldo. even though he bombed with ac milan he is a major star and IMO would be awesome in premier league. i also think if bolton can keep okocha and there other stars they maybe in europe next year. big sam can get them he is also after dado prso who is also vey good.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it when I see it. I remember in the last few years he's been "certain" to sign for Liverpool and Spurs from the premiership at least, and in the transfer window I remember hearing how he was a "cert" to sign for Real Madrid. would be a decent signing for Bolton if they get him, although I'm not sure how they'd afford his wages with the rest of the wage bill and tight budget. Would still eb itneresting if he did though.

The Beeb are reporting this too...

Bolton Wanderers are about to sign the Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo, according to a report.

The Bolton Evening News claim the 32-year-old is staying in a Manchester hotel while he holds talks with Bolton.

But according to the paper Rivaldo has already made up his mind to move to the Reebok Stadium, and could sign as early as next week.

Rivaldo could join straight away, outside the transfer window, as he is currently a free agent.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has made a habit of pulling of high-profile signings in recent years - with another World Cup winner in the shape of France's Youri Djorkaeff chief among them.

But Rivaldo would surpass the capture of Djorkaeff and that of Nigerian star Jay-Jay Okocha.

The Brazilian has been without a club since his return to club football in his own country, with Cruzeiro, ended disappointingly in March.

He played just 11 games for last season's league and cup double winners in Brazil but then left in solidarity with coach Wanderley Luxemburgo.

Rivaldo had gone back to Brazil having had his contract at AC Milan terminated in December, after a brief spell at the San Siro.

Before that he enjoyed better spells in Spanish football, with Barcelona and before that Deportivo La Coruna.

He won the World Cup in 2002, as one of Brazil's much-heralded "three R's", along with Ronaldo and England's tormentor Ronaldinho.

What a fantastic scop this would be for Bolton. Rivaldo is the ideal player Liverpool need though, a bit of creativity/experience and we have the money to afford his wages. Well done to Bolton for making a move though.

Prso has his heart set on the Premiership. Bolton or otherwise, most players are seeing it as the place to be at the moment.

Rivaldo joining Bolton? Allardyce is such an amazing wheeler-dealer I reckon he could pull it off.

Big Sam is an amazing manager, i really think he can pull this one off.

Rivaldo is a good player, would he risk it at a big club once more only to be booted out or would he rather think of joining a club pushing for Europe next season as if he helped them acheive that he would be a hero.

no matter wat the english league is the besty and earleir this season bolton were 5 points from a champions league spot and nearly got into uefa in a match that bolton should have won in cardiff so i dont see why he wouldnt come

no matter wat the english league is the besty and earleir this season bolton were 5 points from a champions league spot

Portsmouth were 4th eariler in the season, what you were eariler in the season doesn't matter, its were you finish that counts.

But if Bolton want to sign a player who has been kicked out of his last 3 clubs and has a reputation for destroying a clubs team spirit, then good luck to them.

Would people stop saying Allardyce is a good manager?!

He is a fantastic wheeler-dealer, but an average manager- nothing more. He has some of the world's best talent in Okocha, but never really achieves anything. So he got to Cardiff? Big deal, with Okocha, Campo et al, I could get them to Cardiff!

With players of that quality, Bolton should do a lot better than they do, which let's face it- first and foremost is still to avoid relegation.

The latest from the Daily Express, the well respected football news source that it is, is that Rangers have joined the race for Rivaldo, and McLeish isn't ruling out a move for him. It'd be fantastic to have him playing in Scotland, although he could turn out to be another Emerson.

Still, I think it's safe to say that most people would rather have Rivaldo playing in their side's attack than the 2004 Michael Mols.

Another report now linking Rivaldo with Celtic. From BBC Sport:

Celtic manager Martin O'Neill has declared an interest in signing Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo.

"Like anything else we'd prefer to keep these things quiet - we have been linked with so many players," said O'Neill on Friday.

"But the truth is when somebody like Rivaldo becomes available you have got to be interested."

Bolton had hoped to land the World and European Player of the Year from 1999 but the deal has repeatedly stalled.

"Perhaps this is more about the agents talking than anything else during the last couple of weeks.

"One of the things which is appealing to me is getting in short-term players," continued O'Neill, who will lose the services of Henrik Larsson in the summer.

"Bolton have done very well in getting some top-class players to the football club. "So we have got to be looking at that type of player.

"I wouldn't want to be giving any bookmakers odds and it might be a move of great difficulty - but he is a class player that we would be looking to buy."

I wouldn't sign him, he's done nothing good since the World Cup and you how vital he was to Barca, if they let him go they you know he's trouble... Celtic and Rangers and Bolton would be foolish to sign a man living off his past rep in Spain, I mean what did he do at Milan that was so fantastic?

You forgot to write "from bottom",

so here you are: "THIS TIME NEXT YEAR 5th FROM BOTTOM"

Cheers!

ohhhh a low blow..

bolton are only a few points off uefa already so i dont see why not. in the mirror it said unless he signs for bolton he will never play again

ohhhh a low blow..

bolton are only a few points off uefa already so i dont see why not. in the mirror it said unless he signs for bolton he will never play again

And you believe everything you see/read in the Mirror these days? :lol

So if the Mirror is right and Rivaldo retires if he doesn't sign for Bolton then officially he wouldn't sign for Bolton if it was the last football club on Earth.

Too bad.

Personally I think Corinthians/Sao Paulo/Cruzeiro/Flamingo would have something to say about Rivaldo retiring, Jack.

Cheers!