Any wrestlers out there?

Paul

Having just found out that WWFBELTMARK is a pro wrestler I was wondering does anyone else out there have any pro experiance? Be it actual matches or just training, I would like to know.

Hey Beltmark, what was your finisher?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey darksar. I'm not a wrestler, nor have I trained as of yet. But I was wondering. You mentioned getting back into the proffesion, maybe starting up a fed. If you did do this, and considering the current staleness in the proffesion, what wud u do to make it different??? How would you stand out?? Is it possible to create a new wrestling style. something different from the others. (It must be possible.) Maybe people need to get back to basics, back to mat wrestling!!! But maybe mat wrestling version 2????

I've allways been one for the '3 ringed circus' approch. You need a good mix of styles to truely get over, which is something the first DWA didnt get. Despite its reputation ECW had the kind of mix I'd like to see. What I would like to do is push new talent like mad! People who havent made a name at all, but deserve to have a chance. A fed where people can learn the ropes (like OVW for the WWE, but not as a feeder to any particular group), where talent can grow in an enviroment where theres no pressure (comparitivley).

Want a job? ;) lol

A good mix of wrestlers is deff what u need. I think one of the things which has made wrestling a tad stale of late is the high flying (Just looks like dancing) style of wrestling which for a long while just seems to be everywhere!!! I love jonny storm and jody fleish, but their matches got boring after their first few encounters. A good mix of styles would work, and some traditional 20-30 min bouts would be cool. Mat wrestling is the way of the future, but maybe a new variation on mat wrestling- maybe something fluid-fast paced, plenty of linked moves and submissions. I dont know, I'm just offering my inexperienced oppinion. (Inexperienced, as I've never wrestled.)

There has to be a new spin to put on things, a way to evolve.

I did some wrestling training ages ago, but was too gangly to ever make it big. I had a good finisher though:

I would get my opponent on his back, grab his wrists and pull, whilst at the same time digging my feet into his shoulders. A great stretch, and very painful, apparently. It earned me a few victories too. They couldn't tap out though. Hee hee hee.

Cheers!

i would be an aewsome booker wot you want is HLA, hardcore a decent amount of money. i aint a perv or psycho but you need to make an impression on the viewers to get anywhere. imagine if every member of TWO payed £100 and we started a fed we'd have plenty of £G's and could do it. is it good money for owners of small companies?

i would be an aewsome booker wot you want is HLA' date=' hardcore a decent amount of money. i aint a perv or psycho but you need to make an impression on the viewers to get anywhere. imagine if every member of TWO payed £100 and we started a fed we'd have plenty of £G's and could do it. is it good money for owners of small companies?[/quote']

If everyone on TWO payed £100 we'd have nowhere near as much money as we would need... be realistic please :roll

why couldnt we??? I mean yeh fair enough, at the moment coz of my financial situation all I could contribute is bout 50p and a half eaten mars bar..but our passion, determination and sheer stupidity should see us through. That and the millions..... and millions.... of the TWO fans.

good point i think there is over 100 members times by £100 = £10000 which would be enough to get going after a couple of shows with people paying £5 x £200 =£1000 twice a week wed be raking it in after a few months

Yeah, like I'm gonna give you £100 to fund your shit box idea.

If you're after some cash, I'd advise going after helpym30 or whatever his name was, who got banned earlier this week for flooding the forums with invitations to join his perfectly legit scheme. Send him $20000, and he'll send you $30000.

The guy must be stinking rich to be giving away cash, go ask him. You'll have more luck with him than trying to get £100 from every TWO member. I can just see the younger members of the forum just rushing to their parents and asking for a hundred smackers to give to a strange person on the internet.

Ok, a small TWO UK fed would not do two shows a week. You're looking at 3 or less shows a month. You've gotta consider buying a ring, buying good music systems and speakers, hiring wrestlers, paying for transportation and fuel, booking venues, advertising, production, merchandise, refreshments, yearly insurance, etc.

However, having talked to a promoter just, he's basically told me £10,000 could start a small promotion and keep it up through revenue if you could draw in strong crowds. We're not talking WWE size here (not even RoH size), but it can be done.

What sort of gimmick would you use mate? Any favoured finisher?

As far as starting a promotion goes, to start with ring HIRE not purchase would be more cost effective in the early going. Then the biggest problems are insurance and talent. Ways round talent, but not the legal bit. Damn it.

Join everyone else who wants to start a promotion.

The fact is that it takes a dedicated (and over 16 year old) person, who is able to absorb serious losses in revenue.

Consequently, at the moment a lot of Federations charge their wrestlers for training and facilities rather than pay wrestlers to fight.

This is in adition to the very valid points draven has made.

The other thing is, you get money off everyone, who is going to assure them that their money is well spent? Are you going to be a limited company or a personal one? Because if it is the former, you will have to decide on a chairman, secretary and boardmembers... who decides on that?

and if you go personal company, the person who the company is registered to is liable for any debts or losses. You fancy having your home taken from you? I know i wouldn't.

Regards

Saracen

Personally I think we should make a saucy calender. Surely TWO has enough members who would be willing to pose seductively in front of a camera? We have some lookers on this site, too:

Naturally SilverG would be November, what with his gothic mask.

Draven would be a good March, with his pastey look and strangly black locks.

Jack Bibby is a HUNK! A handsome black man who reminds me of Tupac Shakur.

DarkStar would no doubt lend his efforts and be Mr. December

Tajiri, oh mysterious Tajiri, you can be June.

Even I, Boyo, would volunteer my services.

Any other takers?

If so, hook Boyo up with £50 (each) and together, we'll go into 2005 as a TEAM!

Cheers!

• Like 1