Wrestling Channel question

Ed_666

Been watching the wrestling channel, and it's pretty cool seeing all the guys I tried to hire for XPW on EWR. :lol

Christopher Daniels looks like he could be a big star if he'd only put on a bit of weight around the neck and shoulders. He looks great when he's clothed, but when his top comes off he looks like an ostrich with his thin neck.

Anyway, I have a question for anyone who's been watching the channel about the NJPW show they've been repeating. Don't know if this should go in another forum, but I'll leave that up to the important people in charge.

On the show, there's a match between Genichiro Tenryu and Masahiro Chono (I think that's his first (or last!) name, might have forgot), which seems to end weirdly. I looked away one time, and another time I switched it on just after, but basically Chono is laid out on the ground, and Tenryu is kind of looking around like he doesn't know what to do, and then gets declared the winner, and still looks a bit bemused.

Can anyone tell me what happened? Did Chono get knocked out accidentally or something, or was it a work?

Thanks.

Ed

It's nice to see japanese wrestling on TV, every wrestler in the biz talks about their time over there and that is enough credibility for me.

But I can see that like me, you find it difficult to follow the action sometimes, ONLY sometimes I might add.

Perhaps TWC could invest in a few translators so we can have subtitles, rather than the guy introducing the match and leaving us to work out what the hell is going on.

The same could be said for the mexican wrestling as well, nice to watch, can't speak the lingo.....

Saracen

The commentary pisses me off. I'd rather watch it with music or something in the background than a commentator who I cannot understand.

I know The Fallen Angel has a ton of ability and is a great performer. But I cannot take him seriously due to the fact that he looks like a homo. Is it just me?

TWC get sent the tapes with the commentary on it so they can't add there own commentary over it, the only way they could would be to buy the tapes without the commentary soundtrack on it which costs much much more.

I don't mind the commentary and I find I need the sound mainly because the crowd reactions plays a huge part in getting a match over.

fallen angel rocks' date=' he could do with bulking up a bit, but the guy kicks ass between the ropes!!![/quote']

Yeah but if he bulked up, then he would just look like a big homo. Rather than a weedy one, which he is now.

Dont get me wrong, I agree, the guy is talented as hell, but his image really holds him back, the way he looks, make it seem as though he cant really deliever any killer offense.

But I can see that like me, you find it difficult to follow the action sometimes, ONLY sometimes I might add.

Perhaps TWC could invest in a few translators so we can have subtitles, rather than the guy introducing the match and leaving us to work out what the hell is going on.

The same could be said for the mexican wrestling as well, nice to watch, can't speak the lingo.....

Erm, I said I missed what happened, not I couldn't follow it.

Anyway, although I can't understand what's being said, it's useful to listen to them screaming, because you can tell when a finisher has been applied (rather than a standard homicidal move) because they scream at a higher pitch! :lol

Ed

And Ed: Be careful. Watching good quality wrestlers like Chono MIGHT change your opinions!

Perhaps it was because he was fighting a 50+ year old, but they didn't seem to do anything at all interesting.

In fact, most of the NJPW stuff is almost on a par with the 1982 English stuff for lameness, just with more stiff punches.

The RoH, FWA and TNA seems to be the best stuff I've seen so far.

Ed

Yeah but if he bulked up, then he would just look like a big homo. Rather than a weedy one, which he is now.

Dont get me wrong, I agree, the guy is talented as hell, but his image really holds him back, the way he looks, make it seem as though he cant really deliever any killer offense.

Actually I think his image (as in gimmick, clothes etc) is fantastic, and his mic skills are good too. What's holding him back is his skinny neck! Makes him look weird.

If he went on the HHH diet and bulked up his neck and shoulders a bit, he could be a big star in the WWE, especially if he's brought in alongside Mordecai and UT as some kind of new ministry.

Ed

evrey wrestler is on steroids to take the pain away and to bulk up

Oh please oh please just SHUT THE F*CK up you little twat do you honestly belive ''evrey'' or EVERY wrestler is on steriods than you are just a stupid little twat and your making yourself look like one in every post i see you make

I see FTW agrees with me

• Like 2

Not to toot my own horn but I and a friend may have just got IWA Mid South onto TWC.. so you may get to see even more quality talent :)

How did you manage that if you don't mind me asking mate. And I'm not firmilair with IWA, who have they got? Any big names? And what is their style? Sorry for the 101 questions I was just curious.

Oh please oh please just SHUT THE F*CK up you little twat do you honestly belive ''evrey'' or EVERY wrestler is on steriods than you are just a stupid little twat and your making yourself look like one in every post i see you make

I see FTW agrees with me

Nah, I LOVE jack..........Honest!

NOT!

Its obvious guys like Daniels are on 'driods. I mean look at the guy, he's HUGE!!!

*there may have been a slight hint of sarcasim in the above post*

i dont watch much japanese stuff on TWC...however i did see some of the hulk match where he did the same thing as he does everymatch

as for TWC i like to watch TNA and sometimes shoots n stuff but other than that Id like to see All star o there lol

How did you manage that if you don't mind me asking mate. And I'm not firmilair with IWA, who have they got? Any big names? And what is their style? Sorry for the 101 questions I was just curious.

Nah, I LOVE jack..........Honest!

NOT!

Its obvious guys like Daniels are on 'driods. I mean look at the guy, he's HUGE!!!

Indeed FTW I mark out for the guy since hes HUGE hes so im Mr McMahon masterbation level huge thats why I mark out for him

And I think I nick your you ending

How did you manage that if you don't mind me asking mate. And I'm not firmilair with IWA' date=' who have they got? Any big names? And what is their style? Sorry for the 101 questions I was just curious.[/quote']

I spoke to Dave Prazak who helps run the fed, and he told me about the situation between IWA and TWC. He told me to get UK fans rallying so I did. I posted on the UKFF and my mate posted on TWC forums. I got badmouthed by the TWC owner but i found out that a day later, TWC apologied to IWA and bought a show for broadcast. Whether they do or not is up to them, but it has been bought.

IWA:MS have Ian Rotten, Jerry Lynn, Chris Hero, and others, but they are the only ones people really care about. Their style is all-round.