Do you like gimmicks?

Jack

i was thinking how wwe could improve and i really wish they would bring back gimmicks. i am getting fed up of people like the rock, orton and lesnar who use there athleticism as a gimmick i would much rather prefer people like the old kane and mankind as evil gimmicks and people like hulk hogan and ultimate warrior as the good guys. if wwe did this fueds would be 10 times better Edited by Jack

I like gimmicks, what I don't like is when wrestlers with good gimmicks, change them. Like when Kane first came to WWE, and he could talk without his voice box thing. then one day he could talk, but with a deep raspy voice, then one day he could talk normal, and for some reason he had repect for others, and a southern accent.WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Yeah, and we could bring back Issac Yankem DDS!!!!!

But seriously, gimmicks are still about, just in a toned down more realistic way. Example Cena. Hell we still have some gimmicky gimmicks on the way- Mordechai ( or however its spelt ) for one.

If a gimmick is a good gimmick. Im all for it.

It really depends on whats on show to say if you think gimmicks are good or should be used. Do I think that gimmicks should be used in wrestling? Yes. But please try not to put too much flith on my TV

Gimmicks are ok if they are an amplification of the wrestler's natural character, like Stone Cold, Rock, Cena, JBL and Boss Man.

WWE in the Fed years had some good gimmicks, like Demolition, Legion of Doom, Hart Foundation and Warrior. However they had some utter pap in Repo Man, Tatanka, Papa Shango and IRS. It's just a case of good writing and people who believe in the persona of the gimmick.

WWE shouldn't resort to just shoving tired gimmicks down our throats, let the fans embrace the gimmick, that's how a gimmick becomes successful.

Cheers!

A gimmick is simply what sets a wrestler apart from the rest, and that takes some forethought about it.

Trouble is these days we have wrestlers who spend more time being Big and Bad than actually characterising themselves.

Gimmickry has always been a part of wrestling, and is a part of the wrestler's personality.

No personality.... no gimmick!

WWE in the Fed years had some good gimmicks' date=' like Demolition, Legion of Doom, Hart Foundation and Warrior. However they had some utter pap in Repo Man, Tatanka, Papa Shango and IRS.[/quote']

I wouldn't say the Heart Foundation was a 'gimmick'.

Also I liked Tatanka and IRS. I agree IRS was a bad idea, but it worked.

Cena's gimmick is said to be more or less how he is. Just because he's white and likes rap music doesn't make him a Vanilla Ice wannabe. Cena does have talent on the stick and I think the gimmick suits him just fine.

I love gimmicks, they are one of the reasons i began to enjoy wrestling so much. Guys like Tatanka, Big Boss Man, The Undertaker, and the Ultimate Warrior had gimmicks which caught my eye. It didnt matter that they weren't beleivable (Taker) and some were just OTT (Warrior and Tatanka), they were just good fun. I think that is one of the things that is missing from todays product, fun!

I think that is one of the things that is missing from todays product' date=' fun![/quote']

What about Hurricane and his big fat S.H.I.T.? He's fun.

And what about poofy Rico, touching bums and humping through lycra? If you're a spandexed, athletic man in great physical condition I bet the SmackDown locker is a very fun place to be.

Hell, Nunzio likes slapping bums too. And we haven't even mentioned Torrie Wilson's fine derriere. Or Big Show.

AJP, you've got to know where to find fun in this business.

Cheers!

What about Hurricane and his big fat S.H.I.T.? He's fun.

And what about poofy Rico, touching bums and humping through lycra? If you're a spandexed, athletic man in great physical condition I bet the SmackDown locker is a very fun place to be.

Hell, Nunzio likes slapping bums too. And we haven't even mentioned Torrie Wilson's fine derriere. Or Big Show.

AJP, you've got to know where to find fun in this business.

Cheers!

The Hurricane and his S.H.I.T were fun at first, but have not been good enough to keep the gimmick fresh and entertaining. And Rico? sorry but he may be having fun in the locker room, but i definitely aint having fun watching him on tv! I wont even think about what you find fun about Show and Nunzio, that borders on the insane :lol Unlees of course you mean his Hogan impression from a coupla years back :thumbsup

Nunzio cracks me so consistantly. Up. He's a natural comedian who makes me laugh with every wild flailing of his limbs.

OK, the Big Show comment MUST be scrubbed from the record but I still stand by my statement that there's plenty of fun to be had with Torrie Wilson.

Cheers!