WWE's DEMISE

Fletch

Sadly Im sorry to say but Ive well and truley lost my love for WWE at the moment. RAW altho seem to have the better of the talent still is missing something. They brought back Grandmaster Sexay and hes been gone since. No ppv or heat appearances. benoit bores me if Im honest and HBK well since Survivor Series Ive lost any love I had for HBK.

Smackdown are pushing the likes of god damn Bradshaw and we all know that thats gonna fall on its ass soon and then we'll see Blackjack Bradshaw. In my opinion WWE dont have anyreal main event talent on smackdown and RAW dont have a lot. Triple H and HBK being the only real contendors with Kane perhaps being an outsider. Smackdowns Taker cant be considered because he rarely appears.

what happened to the good old days of Kurt Angle vs The Rock and many more great matches. Back a few years ago WWE probably had too much in the way of Main Event talent in my opinion. Guys like Rock, Austin, jericho, Angle, Undertaker, Triple H, mankind etc etc

Now we got guys like John Cena and Bradshaw main eventing Im sorry but I as a fan dont wanna see John Frickin Bradshaw full stop let alone facing Eddie Guerrero for the WWE title.

I think for me the biggest losses are those of Angle, Rock and Austin. now Im not an Austion fan but when you saw an Austin match it was a great match and he added that xfactor that most guys can never have. The Rock the same. with the rock he used to get on the mic and beat people before he ever stepped in the ring. And when he got in his matches had meaning and sortof told a story. Now we just get La Resistance hitting people with a flag.

Kurt Angle is one of the greatest wrestlers ever and some of my favourtie matches ever have involved Kurt Angle. A good example is Rock vs Angle no way out 2001 with the WWF title on the line.

Now this may sound like a rant and yes i suppose it is but with the current booking and stuff used by WWE they are only going to turn long serving fans away. and before long we're looking at another WCW

The WWE is still in good shape. Fair enough they aint as good as they once were. (Bring back the attitude era.) But it is unfair to say that they have next to no main eventers and talent!!! Orton, Batista, Shelton.... these are all the stars of the future, you would have to wearing blinkers not see the potential and talent that these guys have. Benoit cant cut a good promo to save his life, but his in ring ability is top notch. As far as bradshaws new gimmick is concerned, I like it. It's more of an old federation style heel, and thats a good thing, because maybe they are now looking back to see what worked for the premotion previously. Maybe they are trying to re-capture a bit of the old WWF flavour. (Wether that is from the Fed or attitude days.)

But yes you are correct, WWE is missing something. It doesnt feel quite as gripping as it once was. But hey!!! They've been there before, and they managed to come up with something back then.... so lets wait and see how they're gonna suprise us this time.

Sure, I agree the WWE currently looks a little uninspiring because of the exodus of major stars over the last year, and the re-emergence of major stars who then job to the youngsters.

I mentioned in another post, give it until just after SummerSlam: people have moved around, young talent is being pushed to main-eventing and people are still finding their feet and getting comfy on the mic.

The show which looks to have a brighter future is SmackDown, what with Dupree, Haas, Cena and Jindrak making good impressions recently.

Stick with it, f2k, it will get better soon. It has to.

Cheers!

WWE are just in a transitional period right now, trying to find themselves a new niche. They still cant seem to pull 100% away from the Attitude era, which they need to do 100% ASAP.

Thing is, remember in 1988-1991, when the then-WWF had HUGE stars like Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant and awesome tag teams like Demolition, Rockers, Hart Foundation, Strike Force etc...then 3 years later, it was all gone, and we have Bret Hart and HBK on top (who were only ever tag team guys who would NEVER have been thought of as main event people!), and we have Doink, Damien Demento, Quebecers, Men on a Mission etc...that was also a transitional period. It will pick up eventually. At least this time around, we have awesome wrestlers and great personalities like John Cena, Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin mixed in with big stars like HHH, HBK, Flair, Taker, etc and 2 exceptionally well deserving champions like Eddie and Benoit. I say the future is very very bright, once they decide exactly where they are headed.

Remember, when Austin first came in as the Ringmaster, HHH was Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Kurt Angle was an All-American Olympic good guy who the fans booed so much at house shows and dark matches that WWE decided to use him as a heel instead! and the Rock was Rocky Miavia, did you for one second believe these guys would lift WWF business to an all time huge boom and put WCW out of business? No, me either! You can look at guys like Rene Dupree and John Cena now, and not imagine them as guys the stature of Austin and Rock, but who knows where they will be 12 months from now, they may get a gimmick or put in a program that catches fire and puts WWE into orbit again.

Wrestling is a very strange business, one that is hard to predict. You never know what will happen from one day to the next. Whatever happens though, I see a bright future for WWE as it stands right now.

Edited by The Beltster

Dupree is up there with the "ones to watch" from Smackdown, along with Haas, Cena and maybe even Jamie Noble. For me, and I'll admit to suffering from a bad case of "Kneejerkreactionitis" (a very deadly disease which has been known to affect judgement), the future is Mark Jindrak, or at least, Mark Jindrak will be included at the peak of the Smackdown revival missile.

Lovely.

Orton, Batista and Benjamin from Raw, Dupree, Cena, Haas and Jindrak from Smackdown, couple that with WWFBeltMark's unpredictability theory, and personally I see Smackdown having a far brighter future.

Cheers!

I think if the WWE developed their younger stars, it will be something to look out for. Cena has found his niche, he is a good wrestler and has the mic skills. Dupree is the guy that people love to hate, and by the sounds of it, Cafe de Dupree will be like Y2J's highlight reel on RAW. Batista and Orton are, for me, the ones to look out for on RAW (sorry Boyo, Jindrak isn't up there, lol). Eventually, I hope Evolution splits up, and Batista and Orton aren't still in the shadows or Flair and HHH. They are good, but at the moment, are acting like attack dogs for HHH and Flair. What do you lot think?

what happened to the good old days of Kurt Angle vs The Rock and many more great matches. Back a few years ago WWE probably had too much in the way of Main Event talent in my opinion. Guys like Rock, Austin, jericho, Angle, Undertaker, Triple H, mankind etc etc

I would like to see Kurt Angle and Rock too, or My favorite wrestler of all time, Steve Austin, but Kurt and Austin are retired, 'taker might as well be retired, because he's rarely made any apperances, mankind will retire soon(again) and Triple H seems to be going strong, but won't probably go to much longer. one thing that really pisses me off is The Rock, off in Hollywood, instead of where he belongs, In the Ring. He's made making movies his main priority, and barely throws a glance at wrestling. Now Jericho is a diffrent story, he is still in position to be a main eventer for a while, if he starts acually being in main events again. I like Chris Benoit, and HBK, but as great as they are , they can't carry the main event division much longer.

The problem WWE has, I'm afraid to say, is it is a victim of its own success.

Simple fact is when there is no competition, people tend to rest on their luarels and think that what they are producing has to be good enough for the fans. It's the same attitude that has made Microsoft the bane of all that is holy.

As soon as there is any form of competition in decent wrestling shows, vince'll buy them out, take the creme of the crop and discard the rest. In business that is a sound ideal, but in the 80s and 90s WWE concentrated on its talent to make great stories that would blow the competition away, now it doesn't have that competition anymore and so is beginning to stagnate.

I can see the old raw (before the shakeup) was basically the old stars with the new stars, in effect, the raw bunch was a training ground where the new are being taught by the old. I tell you, I would be thrilled to have Ric Flair giving me advice.

I think the other problem is that WWE is losing with its stars personality, in the 80/90s every star had the shade of the ridiculous about them. But it was a distinct gimmick that people could identify with. Even Generation 3 (The Rock, Kurt Angle etc), started off with some ammeanable gimmick.

What does Generation 4 show?

Batista, he's big and he's bad!

Randy Orton, he's not so big, but he's just as bad.

*yawn*

Saracen