Lesnar Wrecks

Dickie Hyde

The following is from TwinCities.com:

Professional wrestling star and aspiring professional football defensive lineman Brock Lesnar is resting at home after his motorcycle collided with a minivan Saturday evening in the Cedar-Riverside area of Minneapolis, his agent said.

Lesnar, known better by WWE devotees as "The Next Big Thing," was on his bike around 6 p.m. Saturday when it struck a minivan that pulled out in front of him, said agent John Wolf.

Doctors at Hennepin County Medical Center removed glass from Lesnar’s forehead and stitched him up, Wolf said. He was released from the hospital immediately.

Lesnar is used to getting scuffed up in the ring, but the motorcycle smash was a little scarier. "He gets hit over the head with a chair all the time," Wolf said. "But obviously this one wasn’t planned."

In a recent phone call with his agent, Lesnar said he was lucky — and sore.

Nonetheless, the crash will "not set him back one bit" as the recently retired pro wrestler pursues a football career, Wolf said. Lesnar, who has been training in Phoenix and regularly visiting his family on the weekends, will resume working out Wednesday.

Lesnar, 26, won an NCAA heavyweight wrestling championship at the University of Minnesota before joining the World Wrestling Entertainment ring.

He’s expected to have a workout for scouts representing several NFL teams in mid-May.

Don't take offence Christof

He was released from hospital not long after and the crash had "not set him back one bit"

But anti/pro Lesnar threads all went not long after the Wrestlemania week so there does not seem any point in this turning into another.

i would b willing to place a bet lesnar will be back in a year because although this may sound daft but he is too big if you remember dwain chambers he was so big he lost speed and stamina and brock has got a lot bigger cince his NCAA days

Motor accidents are never fun to be in, and i feel sorry for him that it happened. It couldn't have been too drastic as he was released fairly quick, but still, no-one likes to see it happen. Hopefully he will be back on track shortly following his dream.

I don't particularly like the "of course this wasn't planned" part of the statement, I think that is almost biting the hand that has fed him.

Having said that, anyone find that McMahon guy who was driving the truck?

Saracen

i would b willing to place a bet lesnar will be back in a year because although this may sound daft but he is too big if you remember dwain chambers he was so big he lost speed and stamina and brock has got a lot bigger cince his NCAA days

Brock is only 15 pounds more now then what he was in college. He was a beast then and remains to be to this day.