History

Cactus Jack

Do you take an interest in history, and if so, what aspect and why?

I've studied Hitler and Nazis for years, and have found this era interesting. As somebody has said, Hitler's goals were sound, it was the way he went about that was wrong.

The thing I am most interested in is the Egyptian era. I am just amazed out how they lived, and transfixed on their means of getting to the afterlife. I'm forever watching the programmes on the documentary channels!

I love History! I'm studying it at school at the moment. At present we are learning about WWI and stuff around it. Very interesting stuff.

I love watching documentries on History and wars ect.. they really bring an insight as to what happened many years ago ect...

Glad other people have the same interest as me :xyx

Hitler's goals were sound' date=' it was the way he went about that was wrong.[/quote']

I wish people would stop saying this. I get the feeling they haven't fully thought this through. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but come on.

Hitlers goals:

1. Eradicate the Jewish race

3. Get rid of democracy

There are many others just as ridiculous and just as evil. How are these goals even remotely 'sound'?

Hitlers goals:

1. Eradicate the Jewish race

3. Get rid of democracy

Hitlers goal:

- Improve German Economy

- Arm Germany so they can defend themselves

- Wipe out unemployment

- find a scape goat for past mistakes and force them to leave country.

- Take back land that was rightfully Germanys

- Mass produce a cheap affordable working mans car.

- Improve public transport

- Improve relations between Britain and Germany

and lastly

- Go insane

Proves to me how much a british citizen you are walshyboy why dont you go insane

- Improve German Economy - Done so after years of toil and build up to war

- Arm Germany so they can defend themselves - Germany was doing this 10 years before Hitler came to power

- Wipe out unemployment - By taking away jobs from one side of the population to the other very great

- find a scape goat for past mistakes and force them to leave country. Germany had done that for thousands of years Jewish people had been perged in the 13th century

- Take back land that was rightfully Germanys - What Austria was rightfully Germanys I dont think so

- Mass produce a cheap affordable working mans car. - Ah the Volkswagen litterally meaning the peoples car, turned into an excuse for German officals to get money and hardly any cars where delivered and the plans were stolen of Porsche

- Improve public transport - Ah easy access to Berlin for the Yanks on the Autobarn :lol

- Improve relations between Britain and Germany - That lasted a long time didnt it all of um 6 years greatly improved

Edited by remlap

hitler didnt want to kill jews he just got fed up of them makin profits from shops (like i am with immigrants) when his country (even though he was austrian) were living worse. what he did wasnt wrong -he wanted the perfect race like 6'2" blond haired good looking peole and he thought by getting rid of disabled people he would achieve this. hitler was right in what he was doing but he just took it too far.

I did history at university, studied the medieval period. very interesting, no use for getting a job though. I'm even doing distance learning modules at the moment, although I'm very slow at getting through the work because I've got a lot on.

hitler didnt want to kill jews he just got fed up of them makin profits from shops (like i am with immigrants) when his country (even though he was austrian) were living worse. what he did wasnt wrong -he wanted the perfect race like 6'2" blond haired good looking peole and he thought by getting rid of disabled people he would achieve this. hitler was right in what he was doing but he just took it too far.

I worry for the human race with people like this around.

So what if Jewish people were successful? Why can't they be? What's actually wrong with people being successful?

Who gave Hitler the power to decide what a 'perfect' race is? Why do we all have to be alike?

Proves to me how much a british citizen you are walshyboy

I suppose it does, you see I hate being British, I hate living in Britain, I hate working in Britain and I hate alot of the people here. I would much rather be living in Canada or Netherlands, who knows, maybe in 10 years I can afford to get out of this dump!

Proves to me how much a british citizen you are walshyboy why dont you go insane

- Improve German Economy - Done so after years of toil and build up to war - So he did actually improve the economy then!

- Arm Germany so they can defend themselves - Germany was doing this 10 years before Hitler came to power, they were not, check out the treaty at the end of WW1

- Wipe out unemployment - By taking away jobs from one side of the population to the other very great - No by commisioning large scale building so that everyone who could work would work.

- find a scape goat for past mistakes and force them to leave country. Germany had done that for thousands of years Jewish people had been perged in the 13th century - wonderful, but non the less that was Hitlers goal.

- Take back land that was rightfully Germanys - What Austria was rightfully Germanys I dont think so - no, but the Rhine was and so was a large portion of Poland.

- Mass produce a cheap affordable working mans car. - Ah the Volkswagen litterally meaning the peoples car, turned into an excuse for German officals to get money and hardly any cars where delivered and the plans were stolen of Porsche

- Improve public transport - Ah easy access to Berlin for the Yanks on the Autobarn

- Improve relations between Britain and Germany - That lasted a long time didnt it all of um 6 years greatly improved - Hitler greatly admired the British and wanted to be allies with them.

- Improve German Economy - Done so after years of toil and build up to war - So he did actually improve the economy then!

- Arm Germany so they can defend themselves - Germany was doing this 10 years before Hitler came to power, they were not, check out the treaty at the end of WW1 -The treaty of Versaile was offically broken by Hitler but was beening broken for years before it, secret air plane manufacture for Japan, Air piliots training in Russia and Italy, rearming of its Army and Navy and I speak the truth

- Wipe out unemployment - By taking away jobs from one side of the population to the other very great - No by commisioning large scale building so that everyone who could work would work. Ah maybe so but who was offered the jobs unemployed German of so called pure decent

- find a scape goat for past mistakes and force them to leave country. Germany had done that for thousands of years Jewish people had been perged in the 13th century - wonderful, but non the less that was Hitlers goal.

- Take back land that was rightfully Germanys - What Austria was rightfully Germanys I dont think so - no, but the Rhine was and so was a large portion of Poland. - So how about Ale Sas Loraine s/p? was that Rightfully germanys before WW1, and what about Czecholovkia was all the country German um no

- Improve public transport - Ah easy access to Berlin for the Yanks on the Autobarn

- Improve relations between Britain and Germany - That lasted a long time didnt it all of um 6 years greatly improved - Hitler greatly admired the British and wanted to be allies with them. - So sure of that if he did he would of never invaded Poland and split it between Stalin and himself

I worry for the human race with people like this around.

So what if Jewish people were successful? Why can't they be? What's actually wrong with people being successful?

Who gave Hitler the power to decide what a 'perfect' race is? Why do we all have to be alike?

Sorry for the double post but some of these posts in this thread seriosuly worry me in the Future even the dam Smackdown theme music lyrics speak of Facism provoling over Capitalist Democracy

I am all happy for freedom of speach what ever peoples views are but freedom of speach can take things alittle to far

I hated history, hence why I don't do it for GCSE. It's not like I found it hard, it's just a lot of the stuff was boring. The stuff about the slave trade was good though, even though it's evil what we did to them. Chose RE instead, much better as a lesson.

You can choose ICT and Psycology? Gah thats so unfair, I was stopped from taking ICT (cos its only for the lower sets) and they don't even offer Psycology.

I suppose it does, you see I hate being British, I hate living in Britain, I hate working in Britain and I hate alot of the people here. I would much rather be living in Canada or Netherlands, who knows, maybe in 10 years I can afford to get out of this dump!

- Arm Germany so they can defend themselves - Germany was doing this 10 years before Hitler came to power, they were not, check out the treaty at the end of WW1

- Wipe out unemployment - By taking away jobs from one side of the population to the other very great - No by commisioning large scale building so that everyone who could work would work.

- Take back land that was rightfully Germanys - What Austria was rightfully Germanys I dont think so - no, but the Rhine was and so was a large portion of Poland.

- Improve relations between Britain and Germany - That lasted a long time didnt it all of um 6 years greatly improved - Hitler greatly admired the British and wanted to be allies with them.

Ok, so the man had goals other than killing Jews and taking over the world but I'm afraid I really can't look past these goals and declare the others sound. If you can look past this and praise the man on any level then good luck to you. The man was clueless and totally insane.

And as for the other goals, how many did he actually succeed in completing?

The unemployment part is ridiculous. Of course you're going to lower unemployment tenfold if you take women, jews and any other minority you can think of off of the unemployment register and then put all of the men into the army, a massive number of which would die during the war. I would hardly call that a success.

The Autobahns were a fiasco, not to mention an idea of the Weimar republic, not the Nazis. Also, was one of his goals building up the army so Germany could defend themselves or so Germany could start world war 2?

I am having trouble understanding this whole 'Hitler wanted to be allies with britain' statement. He clearly didn't. One big clue about this, it was called world war 2 incase you missed it. And before you say 'Well, Britain declared war on Germany first', thats a stupid statement. Hitler knew if he invaded Poland war would be declared and yet still did it. He couldn't have been that concerned.

The economy thing is also questionable. I don't know about you but shouldn't politicians be judged on the state of their country at the end of their reign. Lets just see here. Right, Germany had lost a war, there were millions of German people dead, 4-6 million jewish people slaughtered, thousands more were injured, the capital was completely flattened, millions were homeless, millions more were grieving, the German people were plagued with guilt and the country was in millions and millions of pounds worth of debt. Cheers Adolf.

You can choose ICT and Psycology? Gah thats so unfair, I was stopped from taking ICT (cos its only for the lower sets) and they don't even offer Psycology.

Seems very unfair that they only let lower sets take ICT, luckily for us the only stuff that only lower sets could choose were things like Leisure and Toursim, Childcare etc., which doesn't really appeal to me.

I like history very much, the history of the old kings and queens of our country really was the best for me. Found it very interesting, looking at things such as War of the Roses, King Henry VIII, Magna Carter (SP) all stuff like that really good.

Also found looking at the first world war extremely interesting, more so than the second world war. However in GSCE History at school, that was crap :evil History of the Iron Industry, Transport, Medience, Coal and the worst one, the history of the cotton and textile indusrty. While I understand it is all key to our country, it was so boring

Sorry for the double post but some of these posts in this thread seriosuly worry me in the Future even the dam Smackdown theme music lyrics speak of Facism provoling over Capitalist Democracy

I am all happy for freedom of speach what ever peoples views are but freedom of speach can take things alittle to far

Could you put that into English so I can understand what you're getting at?