Ring of Honour - TWO opinions?

charlie

You'll actually find RoH is pretty unpopular at TWO

quote by Tajiri, from another discussion (the Hulk Hogan one)

I was interested by this comment - is this true? Do people on here dislike RoH that much? Granted, I've only seen some stuff on video, and every time I turn on TWC all I see is the same match (but I'm just unlucky like that), but what I have seen has been, in my humble opinion, rather good. Yes, it's very gymnastic and athletic, but I like that kinda thing better than two fat men slapping each other (not naming names - not looking to start a fight!).

Edited by charlie

From what i have seen on TWC its not too bad. Many of the matches are quite good and the wrestlers aren't too bad either. I wouldn't say that they were a reat prootion, just maybe an average one which needs a swift kick up the ass to get them moving in the right direction.

It can be scrappy and too high-spot orientated at times but overall the in-ring product is good. The production can be a trifle suspect at times and the commentary is poor unless Corino or CM Punk are doing colour but those are my only real gripes with it.

I hate most of the RoH fans (except during Jeff Hardy matches) and I can't sit through an hour of it without feeling the need to swing a bat at my TV. In fact, I only watch the matches with guys i like in. Stuff like Dragon v Williams will just serve to put me in a sleeper.

I like ROH workers and a large majority of matches, anything with the Amazing Red or Special K bores me to death. The attitude of the fans that ROH is the only good fed and their workers only put good matches on with them is what turns me off from getting really into it.

I have seen an episode or two on TWC and have been pretty entertained by it. I like all the jungle gymnastics these guys get up to and therefore that must make me a spot-mark.

I haven't got an opinion on the RoH fans, but can honestly say I much prefer watching the WWE.

Cheers!

I think ROH is pretty damn cool, you get a good mix of razzlers from all over. but obviously the product doesnt look up to the standard of WWE. Theres no clever use of camera angles to make things look better, but thats just due to their budget. I do however prefer TNA.

Anyone heard about the alegations that the ROH owner is a paedafile??????

I heard that certain wrestlers will now no longer wrestle a ROH show because of it.

I've got a couple of the earlier shows ("Glory by Honor" and "Unscripted") on DVD. I enjoyed the majority of the matches on those but it's hard to watch a whole show without a break (gets quite tiring as there are few obvious "sandwich and a beer" matches).

One match on each of those DVDs are two of the finest things I've seen in wrestling. Lo Ki v Samoa Joe in Samoa's RoH debut was one of the most realistic and brutal encounters I've ever seen. One of the few times I've watched a match and not seen a single thing that made me go "Oh, that's not real,". The other great match was Paul London v Michael Shane with ladders, tables and some insane spots.