Hulk Hogan

Jack

what would everyone like to happen with Hulk Hogan do you want him to retire, more matches, manager, Gm or something else? i think hogan is the biggest wrestling star ever and if he carries on wrestling his leacy will fade so i would like to see maybe 2 more WWE fueds and then perhaps GM -no co-GM with Ric Flair- which would be great.

I think Hogan should retire pretty soon and be remembered as the guy who was one of the best for two generations, and not someone who stayed around too long, clinging on to an ever-deteriorating career.

Good thread topic.

Cheers!

I'd like to see Hulk come back to WWE, have 1 more nice run where he does all the tours (UK, Japan etc) to say thankyou and goodbye to his fans Worldwide, and finish up at WM21 with a clean win over Steve Austin, HBK, HHH, Ric Flair or the Rock (who he has put over twice at PPV's!). I'm a huge Hulk mark, so I'd like to see him capture the World title on RAW, even if its just for a couple months. He cant just retire and have Mr. America as his farewell, that would suck. Come back Hogan, run wild one more time, and then hang up the boots and count all your money back home in Tampa.

I dont want Hogan to ever step foot in a wrestling ring again, especially a WWE ring. He is old, way past his prime, and cant wrestle any more. I was bored of him when the WWE attempted to "re-introduce" the NWO, ok many weren't, but i was. Hogan has been in the business for so long, and its corrupted his mind (check his book :lol ) he should get out while he still has some shred of sanity and pride left. Hogan should be remembered as a legend, not as a washed up grappler who worked way past his sell by date.

you honestly want to remember THE icon of wrestling wearing a mask he deserves more. how can you say hes past his prime hes never had a prime hes that bad a wrestler!!

You know, I hear this "Hulk cant work" and "Hulk cant wrestle" stuff all the time and its laughable! Hulk Hogan was trained by Hiro Matsuda, who was a great wrestler. Hulk Hogan CAN and does wrestle when he works in Japan. The ONLY reason he doesnt wrestle in the USA is because the fans dont pay to see him wrestle, they pay to see the big boot, legdrop, hand to ear, posing, tearing the T-Shirt etc.

Go and watch his matches from Japan and say he cant wrestle.

You'll find the majority of people found those to be terrible matches' date=' which also with the exception of Rock didn't draw. Hogans bumping was so bad it was funny.[/quote']

You'll find the majority of people these days are fans of high-spot fests which are shown in RoH etc, which isnt wrestling, its gymnastics! Hulk vs Brock was good, Hulk vs Kurt was great and Hulk vs Rock (part 1) was good also. His bumping may have been shoddy, but everything else was fine. And you mentioned drawing? LMAO! Name me ONE person who has drawn in the past 2 years?! Your boy Tajiri? Austin? HHH? Flair? Rock? LOL Nope, nope, nope, nope and nope! Nobody is drawing, so that isnt even a valid, plus it has nothing to do with how Hogan goes in the ring. He could have drawn 10 billion people and it would have been the same in the ring!

You'll actually find RoH is pretty unpopular at TWO and people still thought those Hogan matches sucked.

I'm talking about people in general, not on a tiny internet forum! LOL I dont think those matches sucked (apart from Hogan vs HHH), if you do thats fair enough, but you cant say he didnt hold his own in the ring with those guys who are HALF HIS AGE! He deserves credit for such, IMO.

Oh, and you didnt answer my question about who is drawing these days, seeing as you mentioned Hogan cant...let me know...

Hold his own? I doubt that' date=' I'd call it carrying.[/quote']

I doubt that! You think Brock Lesnar, who was greener than grass, could carry Hogan? Nope! Hogan doesnt need carrying, by ANYBODY, as he works his own style, no matter who he is in there with. Lance Storm himself said Hulk Hogan was the EASIEST guy in the World he has ever worked with and it was a pleasure to work with him. Edge also said Hulk was an awesome worker, alot better than people give him credit for.

What you people seem to forget, is Hulk Hogan works THE PEOPLE. He works the crowd, and he does it better than anybody. I am a pro wrestler, so obviously I have spent time in locker rooms all over the UK and Germany, and you ask alot of wrestlers and the majority would tell you they would much prefer to be better at working the crowd than working a great match. Look at Paul London, he is so much better in the ring than Hogan, but he isnt as over as one of Hulks shits!

Being able to work people is alot more important than being able to work a 5 star match IMO.

Being unable to change your wrestling style is not a bragging point, it's an annoyance that means everyone else has to change their style to meet Hogan's need. He was carried in those matches, heck when Hogan wasn't carried in his 2002 run look at what happens. Especially the HHH and Undertaker matches where is seemed like 'Taker was putting Hogan gentally to the mat rather than chokeslamming him.

Bullcrap Hogan was working the crowd, in 2002 Hogan was living off nostalgia pops, nothing more, nothing less. He was stinking up the ring but the fans were still into it because they would rather remember the Hogan who was the WWE's crown jewel for years rather than the bump fearing Hogan of 2002. Hell it wasn't even big bumps he was taking, he was selling the smallest of moves like shit. Heck in 2002, he'd slump down on his arse instead of falling over properly.

Glad you picked out Brock Lesnar as the only example for a match that Hogan didn't need carrying, because it wasn't an especially good match in the first place.

Want my opinion on Hogan's prime, I'd say the nWo, sure he may not have been the best in the ring at that point but he didn't have to rely on nostalgia to get over. Hogan as a bad guy has been the only kind of Hogan I can tolerate.

Being unable to change your wrestling style is not a bragging point, it's an annoyance that means everyone else has to change their style to meet Hogan's need. He was carried in those matches, heck when Hogan wasn't carried in his 2002 run look at what happens. Especially the HHH and Undertaker matches where is seemed like 'Taker was putting Hogan gentally to the mat rather than chokeslamming him.

Bullcrap Hogan was working the crowd, in 2002 Hogan was living off nostalgia pops, nothing more, nothing less. He was stinking up the ring but the fans were still into it because they would rather remember the Hogan who was the WWE's crown jewel for years rather than the bump fearing Hogan of 2002. Hell it wasn't even big bumps he was taking, he was selling the smallest of moves like shit. Heck in 2002, he'd slump down on his arse instead of falling over properly.

Glad you picked out Brock Lesnar as the only example for a match that Hogan didn't need carrying, because it wasn't an especially good match in the first place.

Want my opinion on Hogan's prime, I'd say the nWo, sure he may not have been the best in the ring at that point but he didn't have to rely on nostalgia to get over. Hogan as a bad guy has been the only kind of Hogan I can tolerate.

That last sentence sums it all up mate. You dont tolerate Hogan, thats because your a Hogan-hater, simple as that. Hogan wasnt living off nostalgia pops, what a load of crap! He was getting huge pops because he was hugely over, more over than ANYBODY else they had, and that includes Austin, Taker, HHH etc. For you to say he was living off nostalia is a damned joke. If thats the case, why are Austins pops so pitiful these days? Dont believe me? Go and watch something from 1998, his pops were huge, todays are a joke...surely he would be living off nostaligia, right? WRONG!

Rock didnt carry Hogan, Hogan paced the entire match and was TELLING the Rock what was happening, dont believe me again? Go back and watch the interview Rock did on TV several months after WMX8. The man said it himself! HHH's didnt carry him, HHH can barely carry himself! Taker didnt carry him. Kurt Angle didnt carry him because they worked a Hogan style match, so all this carrying stuff is bollocks, you have no idea what your on about.

Fair enough, his selling was crap, but his offence was fine and he was still the most over guy on the roster.

As for bump fearing, I'm pretty sure your body wouldnt be in the best condition after wrestling for 25+ years and your legs and back were knackered. Look at Ric Flair, the so-called "Greatest of all time!" The guy cant take a simple back bump to save his life, he lands on his side. Jesus, back bumps were the first thing I was ever taught, so much for Flair being the greatest! :lol

I am a massive Hogan fan. Some of my favourite matches ever have involved him. His Wrestlemania matches against Andre' date=' Savage, Warrior and The Rock will stick with me forever. I do not however want him back as every single match he has drags his legacy further down the toilet.[/quote']

I respect your opinion totally, and I understand this. If Hogan was on a full time deal, it wouldnt do him any favours. But I think he can be used like HBK when he first came back...building angles, putting people over and a nice little run to finish up, to say cheers and goodbye to his fans Worldwide.

But at the end of the day, whether Hulk comes back or not, one thing cannot be disputed is Hulk Hogan is THE biggest, most recognisable name and the biggest Icon in the history of wrestling. Yeah, Steve Austin sold more T-Shirt, but Hogan has been on top for 25+ years, and Hogan was in his prime in a different era than Austin. Was alot harder to move merchandise back then. To buy an Austin T-Shirt now, you dont even need to leave your PC!