Which era is the greatest???

silverG

I have my own opinions on this one, but I wanna hear everyone else's.

Personally I think the greatest era was the attitude era. It transformed what had become antiquated and boring, into seriously edgy tv. No more whiter than white faces, standing for truth, justice and vitamins. They were replaced by guy's who had something interesting to say and do. No more cheesy gimmicks!! The boundarys between hero and villan had fallen, and the gates were wide open for new charactors. I still have fond memorys of the 3:16 belt reign, it was one man VS the world. I still love wrestling now (with a passion my girly finds hard to understand.) I still cant help thinking that something is missing from the current wrestling scene. Maybe a touch of the attitude era would help, maybe not. It is unfortunate though that WWE is unwilling to put all their eggs in one basket and let one razzler lead the way (Austin style.), after the situation with certain wrestlers walking out, it would seem WWE is now far too cautious for a move like that.

The current state of WWE isnt too bad though, we have a great RAW champ in the shape of Benoit, and SMACKDOWN has Eddie. With Shelton on the way up and the return of Edge (Who is now twice the size he once was.... heavy duty working out....steroids...u tell me.) things can only continue on the up and up.

As far as the Golden age of wrestling (classic era.) is concerned, well WOW where can u start??? Hulkamania transformed the then wrestling scene, without him wrestling wouldnt be as big as it is now. Jake the snake, Big boss man, The nasty boys, legion of doom, Andre, Texas tornado, Rick rude, Ultimate warrior, Randy savage....the list goes on and on, but I think I'll leave the essentials of the classic era for someone else's scrutiny....

My pick: attitude era.

Nothing compares to the Hulkamania era of 1984-1991. (Specifically 1987-1990). Hogan made the WWF what it is, he took it to heights unheard of for pro wrestling and it was good characters (for the most part), great storylines, awesome story-telling matches...I loved it, not a table or a Dudley in sight! Bliss!!!

And Stone Cold took what Hogan had done with the business and took it even further, making the Attitude era the best era in the WWE(f).

Without those few years, I dont know what the WWE might have become. Maybe it wouldnt be as popular or maybe it wouldnt have developed into the succesful company it is today. Also at the time were the other brands to compete with meaning concepts needed to be new, edgey and offer viewers something different to what was being presented on the other channels (like nitro).

With WWE buying WCW and ECW talent, that is to me where the era ended. March '01.

There was no more competition and so for the WWE and so they could relax more knowing that for wrestling fans, there was no real alternative for monday nights.

The Attitude era for me is the greatest time in the WWE and that also developed into the product today

With WWE buying WCW and ECW talent, that is to me where the era ended. March '01.

There was no more competition and so for the WWE and so they could relax more knowing that for wrestling fans, there was no real alternative for monday nights.

A great point and well made!!

Personally I liked the Federation Years back in the late 80's and early 90's. The reason why is because at that time a lot of the fans were suspicious, but still unsure, as to if wrestling was "real" or "fake". I think a lot more genuine enthusiasm and excitement was around in those days, especially when Hulkster, Warrior, the Rockers, Model Ric Martel, Hitman, Texas Tornado, Randy Savage, Brutus and Hacksaw were in their pomp.

I think fans perhaps know too much about the workings of the business, the rivalries and the business side of things to gain any real excitement. It also doesn't help when people can predict the results, not by saying "who's better?" but by asking "what would be better in the long term?".

It isn't the fans' fault, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wish I had the wool over my eyes.

Cheers!

I gotta admit that I too was pretty damn enthusiastic during the old fed days, because like most people I kinda thought it might be real. (I really thought that people would serve hard time at the hands of the great Big Bossman...and the mounty did!!! yay!!!) As time went on and I finally realised that santa, the easter bunny, and wrestling was more fiction than fact my interest faded. But tuning back in during the attitude era changed all that. I was just as enthusiastic once again...on the edge of my seat, waiting for the almighty bald one to make an entrance.

Thankyou Hogan.....Thankyou Austin.

Early 90's WWF for me.

Around the time when Ric Flair arrived on the scene as "The Real Worlds Champion". The time when they shifting away from the overgrown giants, For various reasons and guys like Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Ric Flair and Mr Perfect were all starting to really change the way I viewed wrestling with some great matches.

92 in paticular really due to the awesome Flair/Savage feud and the eventual Bret Hart World Title reign.

well im gona be unpopular here and say altho i loved the attitude era i actually enyoyed the foley commish era as it was great to see him on tv with skits and then the invasion era as there was actually a lot of good matches then

egs are

rhyno vs jericho

rock v jericho

jericho matches in general

hell im justa a jericho mark