Steve Austin Gone

Jung

According to wwe.com Austin has parted ways,

"After months of negotiations, the WWE and Steve Austin have been unable to come to terms on a new contract and as a result have mutually agreed to part company.

Both parties have left the door open to work together again in the future and the WWE wishes Steve the very best in his future endeavors."

credit- wwe.com

Well doesnt really change much, as well I expected him to go, and he wasnt doing much anyway,

I smell a work. When do they ever post a picture and have an official update on WWE.com like that when people leave? They usually get a small few words, this looks like a work. If its true, however, I can honestly say that I really dont care. I didnt even miss him on RAW, plus I'm sick of his tired beer drinking routine etc, it sucked.

Thanks for everything you have done for us Austin, your a true Icon, but your time is over and its time to cut the final link to the Attitude era loose.

And thats the end of that chapter.

Well personally I don't mind, he can't wrestle anymore and brings very little to the show. He continually puts himself over at the expense of others and brings bad press to the company with his personal life. On the other hand he is the biggest star there ever was and maybe ever will be, no doubt its a big loss merchandise wise.

I don't think there's any doubt that one day Austin will return, but to be honest as much as I love Stone Cold I think he needed some time off since he really was adding nothing worthwhile to RAW post-Survivor Series. They should have just let Austin take some time off after the great Survivor Series angle, or come up with something a bit more creative.

I think the blame goes on both Stone Cold and the WWE's shoulders for this, but I'm not too bothered at the moment. As long as he's back for Wrestlemania. :)

"It is expected that Steve Austin will be joining Bill Goldberg with Pride's Hustle series. Austin and Pride have been negotiating for a while and earlier this week were very close to a deal. Pride has pro wrestling events on 5/8, and again in July. It is not confirmed yet if Austin will make the 5/8 date but that was being talked about."

- From WO

I dont really mind, he needed to be taken off tv anyway so it has worked out quite well. I don't think there is any doubt that Austin will return, it seems inevitable really. As an on-screen character he should have been used to help put guys over, not just stun anyone and everyone for no reason.

I think this is an angle. I mean Austin is the WWE's biggest ever star and i dont think they would let him go over something like this. And if he was to go they wouldnt announce it with a one paragraph message on the website.

I think this is an angle. I mean Austin is the WWE's biggest ever star and i dont think they would let him go over something like this. And if he was to go they wouldnt announce it with a one paragraph message on the website.

If they were to let him go, they would announce it with one paragraph as they would want people to forget about him, the point is they gave him a picture right at the top of the WWE.com site, which is drawing peoples attention to him...why would they give him coverage if they were getting rid of him? I think its a work and he will come back before WM21.

If Austin leaving is true, then that kinda sucks! Though I do have to admit that his beer drinking gimmick was boring the living crap outa me. I was once one of the biggest 3:16 fans, it was thanx to Austin that I got back into wrestling. I tuned in one day and saw this bald headed nutter kicking the hell outa everyone, with complete disregard for the rules, and he was getting cheered!!! Wow!! Gone were the endless stream of whiter than white faces, now replaced by guy's that had something interesting and worthwhile to say and do. I was again hooked.

Wrestling owes a great debt to Austin for helping to make the attitude era what it was, and for being part of a movement that took a somewhat tired franchise and turned it into truely GREAT tv.

Thanks Austin. (Better luck next time.) Thanks also to: michaels, undie, DX, for their part in the attitude era.

Him leaving is not a work, his contract expired 3 weeks back and a new one wasn't agreed on because of the differences about Austin owning the "Stone Cold" name. He's gone and free to work where he wants.

The whole photo and paragraph way of announcing it was done with Hennig, Hall and Goldust and every release over the last few years.

He'll do a Hogan, make great money in Japan and be back before the end of year untill the next dispute with McMahon.

I dont think you people are hearing what I'm saying. The picture they gave him was HUGE, was all about him right at the top. When ANYBODY leave, they *MAY* get a tiny square box picture or just the paragraph, nothing more.

I KNOW his contract is up, I KNOW he is free to go and work elsewhere, BUT I think they never had any intention of setting him up a new contract, I think they agreed to let it expire and have known months in advance they had no plans to re-sign him, because he is stale as hell and they know time off would do him good. Also, they know he is friends with Goldberg, and could go to Japan with Goldberg all the while being in his ear about heading back to WWE as a pair, with an angle already set up for them (Vince lets them both go cos he doesnt appreciate them etc)...see where I'm coming from here?

As for him making great money in Japan, I seriously doubt that! He wont be selling any merchandise over there as he doesnt own the Stone Cold name and he cant wrestle, so how can he make "great money" in Japan?

Anyone else care and or notice Austin was missing from Raw the past two weeks. I sure as hell didn't.

The WWE does not need Austin right now, Austin was adding nothing to the point where for me anyway I was far too interested in Raw without him to notice he wasn't even there.

And thats the end of that chapter.

lol thank you max power

anyhoo...he'll be back at some point...too much money left to be made with him and vince

it is a big loss as he is still the wwe's biggest name...but he wasn't wrestling and wasn't really helping get anyone over and his whole act on raw was getting a bit stale

that being said, i'm a huge austin mark and this kinda sucks

I'd like to see Hogan and Austin return for a match. Yes yes, I know, Austin cant wrestle...but neither could HBK, and now he is a full timer who wrestles more now than he ever did. I know they have different injuries, but I know Austin could work one more match at least, and Hogan isnt somebody who does dangerous moves that could injure Austin...would be cool to see the two biggest names, the two biggest draws EVER go at it.

Anyone else care and or notice Austin was missing from Raw the past two weeks. I sure as hell didn't.

Neither did I, Colin. In fact I think Raw has probably improved since he has left.

Stone Cold is past his prime, his gimmick is stale, he's still great on the mic but I just don't see how stunning Stacey Keibler for no reason is getting a good image for him, especially with his (alleged) history.

He'll be back though, probably for WM21 in some capacity but I would love him to enter the Royal Rumble, just for kicks.

Cheers!

i was getting pissed every week watching him come down do the right thing and kick the bad guys arses that isnt the old austin perhaps that why no-one cares. an austin hogan match at WM21 is making me dribble this would be the the best match ever and would easily sell over 90 thousand if the undercard was decent, would be even better if austin was the heel for the match.