Best out of ring moment/storyline

RhinoRock

What are peoples favourite out of ring moments/storylines.

My personal favourites were;

1. As mentioned before on another thread, whenShawn Michaels confronted Mike Tyson in the ring, only to rip of Tysons shirt & reveal a DX T-Shirt. Break it Down fired up in the background & DX welcomed Tyson to DX.

2.The WWE/WCW thread when Stone Cold was not sure what to do and was in a bar away from the show. WWE were getting their arses kicked when Stone Cold finally decided to go & help with a pool cue.

Very emotive (although this one was helped by the fact that I was pi$$ed & screaming break the f*£$ing glass at the telly)

What are others favourites?

• Like 1

ECW reunite in the ring during the WWF/WCW 'war'

"It seems to me that people have forgotten about the tribe of Extreme. Seems to me that these men were too EXTREME for WWF vs. WCW... looks to me as if these men have joined... E... C... W!!!"

genius :)

~~~

Paul Heyman's semi-shoot on Vince before the Survivor Series Winner Takes All match.

~~~

The DX press conference where they agreed not to swear :D

~~~

Austin vs. Booker T in a supermarket : "Price check for a jackass!"

~~~

The Showster vs. Kurt Angle :D

~~~

Almost everything that 'Positively Kanyon' did in WCW.

For me, it had to be Positively Kanyon driving to the security gate, climbing out, running over to the guard, giviing him a Kanyon Cutter, doing the "bang" to the camera in the distance, getting back in his car and driving off.

For such a crap WCW product, they booked Kanyon to absolute perfection. Comedy genius.

For me, it had to be Positively Kanyon driving to the security gate, climbing out, running over to the guard, giviing him a Kanyon Cutter, doing the "bang" to the camera in the distance, getting back in his car and driving off.

For such a crap WCW product, they booked Kanyon to absolute perfection. Comedy genius.

Yup, I have a vid clip of that and it's STILL hilarious :)

Most of mine come from the hilarious backstage bits during the Invasion angle.

I mean take your pick, anything from the bits with Stone Cold and Angle, to the fact that none of the big names in the alliance got on towards the end. Absolutely hilarious stuff, and one of the only periods where I've really looked forward to watching Raw.

And of course afterwards there was Booker v Austin like everyones said :D

Edited by Simon

Perry Saturn and Moppy; it's well worth just getting hold of the Action DVD as it has a feature on this storyline and it was absolutely hilarious. I remember him being on Excess one week and started dancing around with Moppy and singing. Ahh the good times. :)

Austin Appreciation Night. The bouncing Austin head doing the Karaoke thing as Kanyon & Dreamer stood with their arms round each other, swaying in time to the music, singing (yelling?) for all they were worth... bee-yoo-ti-ful.

Plus, Steph taking the mic away from Justin Continent when it emerged that he was actually singing in tune.

the jerry the king lawler bret hart who is the king storyline from KOTR 93 through until Summerslam 93 was good

I got into wwf properly about this time so this was maybe the first storyline i followed. Jerry lawler not washing his feet for weeks was hillarious.

About the same time with HBK and Razor Ramon both having I.C. belts leading to that ladder match was top storyline too.

Angle and Benoit in the locker room as a tag team, they were having a discussion and at the end they agreed to get along, but when Benoit went to shake on Angle said "I'm not shaking your hand, Tag team partners don't shake hands, tag team partners gotta hug" I just love Benoits expression while Angle is hugging him, priceless!

Angle and Benoit in the locker room as a tag team' date=' they were having a discussion and at the end they agreed to get along, but when Benoit went to shake on Angle said "I'm not shaking your hand, Tag team partners don't shake hands, tag team partners gotta hug" I just love Benoits expression while Angle is hugging him, priceless![/quote']

I gotta agree with you that was just funny! :D

I only found this out recently so I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but all the Austin/Angle bits backstage were filmed live, and half of them they just ran with whatever they could think of at the time. Austin and Angle just had that chemistry that was so goddamn class to watch.... wish Austin would go to Smackdown just to get more of it. :D

And as for the moppy angle being mentioned... that brings back awful memories of him making Trish sing a song with him... I can't remember if it was 'Somewhere over the rainbow' or 'Tommorow' on Excess... so cringeworthy, but it'll be on wrestlecrap some day so who am I to complain!

the austin/angle/vince skits were indeed brilliant

lol i remember one great moment during the period when they were both constantly hugging vince and competing for his attention....anyways, angle and austin were backstage watching vince and regal in the ring and regal hugs vince and they cut to backstage to show austin and angle jump outa their seat in shock with this jealous look on their faces...priceless!