John Bradshaw Layfield

Christof

or should it read John Bradshite Lamefield?

Have the WWE really run out of contenders? do they really think the fans care more about loyalty than the do about seeing a top quality championship match. I mean if we did then Spark Plug Bob Holy and Smoking Gunn Billy Gunn would be our WWE and World Heavyweight Champions!

Truly having Bradshaw as the no 1 contender really does devalue the Smackdown brand and make it look more like No3 to RAW, then Heat! I really am losing interest in watching Smackdown, i would much prefer to watch a repeat of Raw on a saturday morning that go through watching a main event of bradshaw collecting a trophy, in the past Smackdown used to at least have a good main event to compensate for the lack of anything else.

I actually think Bradshaw's new gimmick is a good one, and he plays the roll very well.

Not sure about feeding him to Eddie though, as Eddie is a lot smaller, but with the cheating gimmick it should work.

Overall though I think the WWE have done a good job with Bradshaw. He was a half of a tag team with a tired gimmick and they've completely refreshed him.

Ed

Ed

The gimmick is pretty good if a little unbelieveable. But he shouldn't be headlining PPVs. I just knew he'd get a big push when Faarooq left. But every time they've tried pushing this guy as a singles competitor it hasn't worked.

This all would have been avoided if they'd done the draft a little bit better and made the shows more even. I still don't see what would have been wrong with a triple threat between Booker T, RVD and Eddie Guerrero. Would have been a much better match. Instead we've got what will likely be a crap, predictable main event and the PPV will probably get one of the worst buyrates in WWE history.

The character is alright and he's doing quite nicely with it, but he has no in-ring skills whatsoever, and should be nowhere near the main event scene as he's done nothing to deserve it. Just shows how bad SD is right now, when their biggest heel is Bradshaw.

Eddie will probably do most of the carrying in their PPV match, but I think Bradshaw's finishing move, the Clothesline From Hell, is definitely over with the fans and because of this he's able to give a pretty good showing of himself with the knowledge that the fans are looking forward to seeing him deliver his finisher.

I think his gimmick is good. He is controversial, easily hateable and people will gladly boo him. My main concern is that if he goes on about playing the stockmarket and making money then the fans (some, not all) will simply not understand what he's talking about and will lose interest.

If he carries on with his "Border Patrol" gimmick then he could be a top heel for a while.

Cheers!

I think it is a great new gimmick for Bradshaw, *John Bradshaw Layfield*

Last week on Smackdown when he was going to pay that guy to clean his car, some of the things he said we not only very funny but a great way to piss the fans off. Here is an example, to the guy when telling him to climb over the barrier to get to the ring,

"Come on, you should be used to crossing borders",

or something like that

I thought it was great and that wasnt the only funny thing he said that night, not only to the fan but to Eddie aswel.

He plays the character fanastically well, and the way he goes on about how much money he has and compares it to the incomes of the attendance in the arenas.

I'll admit to being a big fan of JBL!

I like bradshaws new gimmick, its a gimmick instead of the usual simple wrestler turned heel. He's more like fed era type heel, over the top... full on roleplay...and I like it..More please.

His in ring ability aint bad, but its nothing special. But when has in ring ability had anything to do with it??? Look at A.train or Scott (lame suplex after suplex.) steiner.

But when has in ring ability had anything to do with it??? Look at A.train or Scott (lame suplex after suplex.) steiner.

But are A-Train or Scott (lame suplex after suplex) Steiner main eventing?? No!

Also Bradshaw is a below average wrestler he has passed his peak (assuming he had one) and is pretty out of shape.

I like Bradshaw's character, but he is well past it and shouldn't be in the ring anymore. He should just go to the big hat store and buy his $1000 dollar stetsons. I liked it at first, but now its just him patronising and taking the mick out of the fans week after week. He has nothing impressive about him in the ring, and isn't anything impressive altogether. They should have left John Cena to become #1 contender, and then had JBL interfering. Does anyone else think Cena would be a good champion.

God I typed a lot didn't I!

As TWO's newest and most eloquent Jindrak mark I think this is the most suitable thread to state that Bradshaw is being given his 15 minutes, for the sake of argument, he probably deserves this - I don't know.

Anyway, to me, it's clear that he is going to be holding fort as one of the top heels until my new man, Mark "Reflection Perfection" Jindrak makes his way to main event material. WWE writers are already comparing him to Luger, and Luger looked like an aging German trans-sexual. Jindrak will be main-eventing with Cena next Wrestlemania (or - if that is too bold a prediction - the next one!).

Cheers!

Yeah I'm guessing, actually I'm guesstimating. If you look at the SD roster and then look toward the future main-eventers you can't look much further than Jindrak, Dupree, Cena and Haas. Logic, innit?

Anyway, seeing as this is a JBL forum I'll add that I hope he gets his sorry faux Noo-Yawker butt truly kicked by Jindrak.

Cheers!

its a nice change for bradshaw and a relatively entertaining gimmick

but its bradshaw people...bradshaw!!!!

he should be no where near a main event

this was the original point i was trying to make, it's Bradshaw! why would anyone want to buy a PPV with him as the headlining heel?

The jindrak thing could be interesting, with teddy long by his side he could go far and his finish looks good. And from what i heard at the weekend from Cole he has the highest vertical leap or something, he has potential and he fits McMahon's ideal werestler thing.