Who should be in FWA?

Sk8_WAR

this aint a poll of sorts, just a general question asking which of the indepedent UK wrestlers you think should get a shot at being in the FWA, especially now that they have their unsigned shows up and running:

My vote goes to Falcon from WAR, TAP, BRAWL, UWL, plus others which I can't remember!

Really kool guy, awesome wrestler, can work great face-paced matches with crusierwieghts and can work equally well against heavyweights.

Thats my vote, how bout urs?

I can't really point it out - it's hard to explain. But the whole FWA product bores me, like RoH does. With a fed like, say, FCW, it doesn't bore me. Something about it makes me watch it, whereas the whole FWA product makes me want to just ignore it or turn Balamory on.

I just put it down to a style, but either way - I'd rather not see guys go to FWA.

The FWA isn't the be all and end all of British wrestling. Yes, they have TV exposure, but there are plenty of fine wrestling companies out there who can fill the appetite of British wrestling fans.

Of many I can name FCW, BRAWL, HCW UK, RBW and KSW have talented people who entertain fans constantly.

The LAST thing anyone should want is to have one federation to dominate them all, I mean, look what WWF/E has done to discredit everyone in wrestling with its goal to gain as much money as it can and its blatant disregard for the traditions of wrestling.

Do we really want FWA to be like that? Or to stay on its guard with plenty of quality companies snapping on its heels?

Because if FWA is allowed to dominate the British scene, all we'll have is predominated shows in London, with a couple in Birmingham and perhaps Manchester once in a blue moon, basically where it is easy for camera crews to get to.

Anyone who makes a name for themselves on the British scene will no doubtedly do it off their own backs (and hard work) and not rely on FWA to make them famous.

As for TWC, a lot of small wrestling companies have better production quality than some of the rubbish they are showing at the moment, EZW comes immediately to mind, perhaps they should support the smaller wrestling scene instead of opting for the easier (American) options and let the stars of British wrestling shine in their own right.

Saracen

I personally have never seen an FWA show but I have seen various FWA talents, e.g. Jonny Storm, Ross Jordon, Stixx and I think they have something about them. I'm not saying other UK wrestlers don't, hence why I started this thread, but as FWA could be seen as the WWE of the UK then a lot of wrestlers I know strive to be there. Im also against the idea of the FWA actually becoming a WWE type promotion and taking over, I love the variety in British wrestling, I live in the midlands and there are around seven promotions that put on shows within a couple of hours drive from where I live.

From what I've heard and read the FWA is almost a stepping stone to bigger things for UK wrestlers.

P.s. Spud and jack storm worked the fwa unsigned show, havent seen it but i bet its awesome. Also add Rob Hunter to my list to.

P.P.S. I may be biased to these wrestlers because they are the only onesIve seen perform live, and knew them aswell, but I also think they are tremendous talents and could prosper in FWA, plus the other promotions (abroad included) that the FWA could open doors to.

You know who i think should be in FWA?

ME! I mean, how many 14yr olds do you know that can swantom, crossbody and RKO perfectly without going to a wrestling school?

I would have joined a wrestling school a few weeks ago, only the closest I can find is portsmouth, ages away from my hometown!

how many 14yr olds do you know that can swantom, crossbody and RKO perfectly without going to a wrestling school?

I know a few 14 year olds who ended up in hospital cos they thought they could do moves without going to wrestling school.

One kid broke his pelvis so badly, it has shattered away and now he walks with a profound limp.

If you are serious about wrestling, then put up a post about your region, I am sure someone will respond to help you find a place closer. Cos you are getting dangerously close to backyard wrestling....

Saracen

You know who i think should be in FWA?

ME! I mean, how many 14yr olds do you know that can swantom, crossbody and RKO perfectly without going to a wrestling school?

I would have joined a wrestling school a few weeks ago, only the closest I can find is portsmouth, ages away from my hometown!

You think thats impressive? find a video of IWF's little dragon! 15 training for 6 months can hit anything ssp leg drops, spiral tap planchers, no offence but swanton, crossbody and RKO can be done by anyone with an once of talent.

6 Months training, wow thats amazing.

Wrestling is more than high flying spots, hell any backyarder can do crap like that, there is thing called ring physcology, match building and work. I am sorry but it takes a lot lot longer than 6 months to understand that.

This is not a dig at the IWF, this is a mere opinion

Gary

6 Months training, wow thats amazing.

Wrestling is more than high flying spots, hell any backyarder can do crap like that, there is thing called ring physcology, match building and work. I am sorry but it takes a lot lot longer than 6 months to understand that.

This is not a dig at the IWF, this is a mere opinion

Gary

In future befor you go on a rant about someone who you dont know at least have the desency to find out about the wrestler, i was mearly stating he could peform the moves, i didnt feel the need to include psychology because if you looked at the argument presented "untouchable" was boasting about high flighing moves and i just wanted to explain there is better out there than him. But for your information, yes dragon has got a very good ring psychology, and is an increadable legit talent, not pure spot fests, or backyard, but a mix of agility with crowd work, which im sure you agree is impresive for someone so young, so if your gonna dis a wrestler try and make sure your in the right argument, this isnt a dig at you, just a queary of intelligance.

In future befor you go on a rant about someone who you dont know at least have the desency to find out about the wrestler' date=' i was mearly stating he could peform the moves, i didnt feel the need to include psychology because if you looked at the argument presented "untouchable" was boasting about high flighing moves and i just wanted to explain there is better out there than him. But for your information, yes dragon has got a very good ring psychology, and is an increadable legit talent, not pure spot fests, or backyard, but a mix of agility with crowd work, which im sure you agree is impresive for someone so young, so if your gonna dis a wrestler try and make sure your in the right argument, this isnt a dig at you, just a queary of intelligance.[/quote']

I realy don't think he was having a go at the wrestler, as I see it, he was trying to put the point across to the group (and Untouchable) that it takes a little more than highspots to make a wrestler.

I have been wrestling for about 6 months now (I think, it's all gone so quick) and I am just beginning to learn the effect that even the smallest thing you do can get a pop or make you look boring, but even I have to admit, I am still learning that part of the game, which is why I am currently being put up in matches with people who can help me learn and teach me the finer points.

You may not have felt the need to mention ring psychology, wrestle-zone did, and I think that it was an important and valid point, Untouchable cannot find a wrestling school near him and lacks the knowledge about these things and the comments were more for his benefit than putting down little dragon.

Saracen