Dragon to take a leave

Dead Crow

From wrestlings sexiest website - Wrestling101.com>>

It has been reported on a japanese sports news site that Ultimo Dragon is to leave the WWE officially on April 30th and return to Japan.

The japanese sensation, who has been mercilessly wasted in the WWE, is (according to Dave Scherer) still contracted to return to the WWE in the autumn/fall, but whether he is or not, the fact remains that Dragon will be out at the very least up until around August.

So that's ultimo dragon, kanyon, sean o'haire, raven, jerry lynn, spanky, paul london . . . am I missing out on anyone? But at least we can console ourselves that a-train and bradshaw are still around to keep us entertained. Dickheads. And to think I used to wonder why the likes of AJ Styles wouldn't sign with wwe . . . .

He could have been as big as Rey Mysterio if used properly, and if he had been built up as a huge face then turned heel on the previously mentioned Rey, WWE could have had a real money drawing cruiserweight title match with a hot crowd appreciating fast paced, incredible wrestling action.

But then we wouldn't be able to see A-Train Vs Orlando Jordan. Poor Dragon, the guy did nothing wrong and was still treated like a piece of dirt from Vince's garden.

So WWE signed him, thinking he was exactly like Mysterio, and didn't use him when they found out he was able to do more than just hit some good looking highspots? How about punishing the people, who showed a lack of respect and class by not studying Dragon prior to his WWE stint, who actually signed the guy, instead of wasting the talents of one of the best allround workers on the roster.

WWE missed out on the chance to make a lot of money here, as well as please the fans. How can you be respected as a wrestling promotion when you missuse a guy with all the talent of Dragon?

However, if Dragon returns to Toryumon~! and works with Dragon Kid and CIMA, I'll be as happy as Larry.

It doesn't surprise me that Ultimo is off. He has been majorly underused in the WWE, and i feel he needed to return to japan and his roots. Ultimo's misuse just further demonstrates Vinnies dislike of all things cruiserweight, will he ever change?

Perhaps his stumblings at WM20 didn't help his cause?

I hadn't heard a great deal about Ultimo before he signed for the WWE but whenever I watched SmackDown I often wondered "whatever happened to that hyped Dragon guy?"

If that helps.

Cheers!

i agree with everyone ultimo is a talent but he cant speak so he cant make a fued or a storyline so in world wrestling ENTERTAINMENT you cant honestly say you expected anything else.

He seemed to be able to make an interesting feud in WCW, and in everyother company he has wrestled in. But you are right, I expected nothing else from the wwe.

I never saw Ultimo Dragon do anything of much interest in WWE anyway. Everyone goes on about how great he is like they do about Benoit, but neither of them shows anything special. The most entertaining thing Dragon did was nearly fall over twice at WM, at least that gave me a laugh! :lol

Apart from that he seemed pretty average.

Ed

He would seem pretty average, cause he never did or had the chance to do anything in WWE. Watch some WCW against Rey, Jericho, Chavo, Eddie, Liger, Malenko etc and in NJPW against Ohtani, Liger, Gedo etc then u'll realise why he has such a great reputation. A total waste, although I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Rey has been told their is nothing planned for him in the forseable future, Tajiri has been deemed to be above the division, Dragon has been released, Spanky walked out and Paul London has made only one appearnce on SD!.

Safe to say the Cruiserweight "division" is going.

I'll admit to not knowing much about Dragon. Can't remember seeing him when I watched WCW(If I did there was nothing memorable), and from what I seen in the WWE he didnt show much to justify his reputation. The amount people are defending him though makes me think there must be something about him, and if I come across some of his "better" work I'll be sure to give him a second chance. But like I said with Sean O Haire, he's hardly being used so it's hardly going to be a big loss while he's away. Who knows, maybe when he comes back iN August he'll suddenly start becomign a big star in the WWE, but I doubt it. I don't think he'll be missed that much.

This has been coming for a very long time to be fair.

I cringed when I first heard WWE had signed Dragon because I knew there and then that they simply wouldn't know how to use him, They could have given the Cruiserweight Division a new lease of life with a potential Dragon/Mysterio feud but they screwed it up simply because they didn't do their research into the style Dragon used, I think when Vince sees someone in a mask he automatically think he's a high flyer, Which Dragon isn't really.

Oh well at least Dragon can do back to Japan now and know that he's appreciated much more over there than he was in WWE.

I cringed when I first heard WWE had signed Dragon because I knew there and then that they simply wouldn't know how to use him' date=' They could have given the Cruiserweight Division a new lease of life with a potential Dragon/Mysterio feud but they screwed it up simply because they didn't do their research into the style Dragon used, I think when Vince sees someone in a mask he automatically think he's a high flyer, Which Dragon isn't really.[/quote']

I think it is interesting that if a wrestler comes to the WWE, fails to make and impact, doesn't do much in the ring, and consequently goes back to Japan, it's all the WWE's fault for "not knowing how to use him", or "not doing research into his style" etc.

Perhaps I'm just weird, but when I get a new job, I'm expecting that whoever employs me won't research my background and skills and tailor my job to suit me, but will expect me to do what THEY expect from an employee. Isn't that how it works?

If a footballer transfers to a new, higher profile club and does rubbish, is it the team's fault for not knowing how to get the best out of him, or would he just be looked upon as not being able to cut it there? If they did things differently at his old team, who's style should change, the new guy or the rest of the team?

If Dragon's style doesn't suit the WWE, he should have known that, and either not signed in the first place, or taken steps to alter his work so as to fit in with what his employer wanted.

Ed

Comparing the wrestling business to a normal everyday job is completely ridiculous, Wrestling companies these days are normally on the lookout for wrestlers which suit their company and the style of wrestling which they promote, Or they look at wrestlers who are over elsewhere. Unlike in a Job in the real world, Promoters are able to review tapes of potential talent and find out exactly what they do. So why wouldn't they do their research? This is what Talent scouts are for...This is what the job of Jim Ross used to be in reviewing potential new talent.

WWE clearly went with the being over elsewhere option here, As was evident by Dragon being given fairly big promotion upon his arrival in the company. Then suddenly his push completely disapeared when personally I didn't him doing anything wrong, Other than adjusting to the WWE style. As soon as WWE realised Dragon wasn't the spot monkey they assumed he was and found out he is more a submission based wrestler, His push ended. Coincidence? I'm sorry but if WWE were looking for a spot wrestler surely they would have done some research on Dragon and found out he wasn't what they were looking for instead of hiring him and then doing nothing with him.

How is Dragon supposed to know he wasn't going to fit in? For all we know WWE could have offered him the world and then some. So to say that he should've known he'd find himself in this situation is again stupid because it's impossible to know what someone has planned for you in the long run, Unless they plan it out and present it to you out right.

It is possible for WWE to make mistakes from time to time you know, Personally I think Dragon is one of them, Along with the release of Sean O'Haire.