Benoit & Jericho

E2K

I wanna see a benoit/Jericho feud for the world championship. There, I said it. And not a short feud either; I'm talking a three month, full-on war.

Now, I don't believe for one second it's gonna happen, but it should, in my opinion. I realise that Jericho bombed in the main event scene before. A lot of that was his fault, some of it wasn't. He has his bad points, as does Benoit. Jericho can be very inconsistent, Benoit can't really talk very convincingly. All of these are facts.

Then I remember their feud over the IC title, which entertained the hell outta me. The matches they had were consistently outstanding, culminating in the fabulous ladder match at the 2001 rumble. Some of jericho's promos were priceless. Maybe I'm childish to laugh at that whole "benoit as a blushing bride" bit, but piss myself I did. And never have I seen benoit come off as more of a crippler than he did during that feud.

I personally think that they bring out the best in each other and I think they deserve the shot to headline in their own program, in their own way.

Yeah I thought their feud was awesome and I'd love to see them go at it again over the World Title this time with Benoit once again as a heel, maybe with Heyman as his manager.

It would be great to see although I'd like to see Michaels v Benoit one on one on PPV before we got to a Benoit - Jericho match.

If it were to be a feud, one would have to turn, and afraid to say, neither should. Jericho has just turned face and unless he is the Lionheart character of WCW, he isn't worth being a heel. Benoit is being booked the way I said all along he should be booked - earning peoples respect. F*ck the talking, just have him wrestle and earn respect as the underdog who does his damndest to win.

Still, one match on RAW for 20 minutes would be awesome.

Jericho just needs to update his character really. He should have gone to SD cause there ain't no way he's doing anything on RAW of any worth. Where as SD need someone like him. But he seriously needs a refresh, cause his routine is getting stale, and his character lacks an edge.

Jericho just needs to update his character really. He should have gone to SD cause there ain't no way he's doing anything on RAW of any worth. Where as SD need someone like him. But he seriously needs a refresh' date=' cause his routine is getting stale, and his character lacks an edge.[/quote']

Yep, Smackdown! is definitely the place for Jericho to be :xyx He could have some good matches and would be a credible title contender there... (he would be for me on RAW, but I'm talking about in the eyes of Vince here :P)

i dont think this would work as a long term fued if benoit was a better talker i would be all for it but for such a bad speaker 1 month of pure wrestling would be better. i would lik to see jericho on smackdown in a fued with booker t.

IF Heenan was to return, he would/could be priceless as Y2J's manager. I'd like to see a feud between those two, but think they would make a fantastic tag team, leaving Y2J & Christian in the shade.

I think these two should have a Ladder match on Raw, just for the hell of it. It would rock.

Cheers!

very true, it will turn out to be "part of some evil plan" where Heyman and Benoit agreed that Benoit should go to raw and get the belt to prove smackdown was better, at this point they leave back to Smackdown with the belt and JBL gets traded to RAW as the WWE Champion!

my oh my i should write for them!