Internet Help?? (Yet Again)

Dan

Before I get on the telephone and get ripped off by NTL and its £1 a min or whatever technical suuport line, I wonder if some of the nice people at TWO could help me.

I'm having trouble looking at certain sites on the internet, I haven't been able to access WWE.com, TWC website, yahoo mail, just to name a few, I know for a fact the sites are up and running, but I'm not able to get on them, I'm on Broadband if that is of any help, please????? :?

It could be something spyware related. Especially if you use Kazaa which is just full of the stuff.

I'd suggest anyone who does use Kazaa to download and install Spybot Search and Destroy. I'd also suggest you don't use Kazaa and find something better but that's up to your own personal preference I guess. I had a problem where I couldn't access a lot of sites and was sending me to a site called ntsearch or something like that. I was also see random words on websites having links on them.

The program can be downloaded here:

http://shinobiresources.com/Downloads/spybot/spybotsd12.exe

Just download and install that and search for problems, then click on fix problems. Not sure if that's to do with your problem Dan but it might work.

If you want to use Kazza, Imesh or something similar I suggest that when you've used it you uninstall it. It's gives you and your computer much more freedom and you still get what you want from kazza ect... The extra couple of minutes can't hurt :)

Don't know what your problem is Dan, but if it's something Kazza related, I suggest the above for the future. (seems to work for me anyhow) Hope it all gets sorted for you :xyx they are a nightmare these things we call PC's...

Suprnova.org is cool when its up!! :) Dan, I downloaded that link of Cripps and it found 40 problems!! not surprising I was having problems with links and sites not responding! I don't know if it was from Kaazza or not but I deleted it just in case as I do use other sites for music now. Good luck!

Kazaa sucks.

Totally screwed up my PC. Puts files on your registry which you can't see or remove wothout an application.Had to wipe my whole hard drive and start from scratch.

Found a download on http://www.computerbuyer.co.uk called Registry Medic.

Got this on a trial. It identifies dodgy files on the registry and allows you to repair/delete these files.

Worth a try

Thanks guys once again - PC is working fine now, no problems with any websites, everything is working magic, and you have saved me a small fortune with me not ringing NTL, have to say, you guys are Quiztastic :xyx