The Great Muta to possibly return early summer.

Guest GeneticFreak

Guest GeneticFreak
I have a friend living in a small city called Tatebayashi, 50 miles north of Tokyo. He follows Japanese wrestling frevently and claims that there is talk of Muta returning for one last run. Mutoh has had an amazing year, but I have always prefered the Muta side,(especially the Muta of '91 who had the most amazing run of matches against Sting). The Great Muta for one last run, it would have to be soon because Keiji's knees cant hold out that long!

Guest Shining Wiz

Do you know how he got hold of this info? Haven't seen anything about this on any of the main Puro sites.

I don't think it would work. Mutoh has changed his style in the last year to accomodate for his deteriorating knees. I don't see the Great Muta gimmick working with Mutoh's current style and I don't see him changing his style back because of his knees.

As the Great Muta he had some great matches over the years but he never ever had such a great 12 months as he just had. With the awesome matches he has had in the last year I would not change anything.

I also think his current style and attitude is far more suited to AJPW than Great Muta.