How did you get online?

Goldy

Hey,

After Pabs thread about how you first discovered TWO I thought it would be interesting to see how you first got online and discovered PCs and why! Was it through school or your parents having one, did you save for your own PC? Teach yourself everything you know? Or were you like me who didn't really use PCs much in school and was a late starter by todays standards!

I started off with an internet TV so I could find details of UK wrestlings shows to go to, course when I saw how fantastic the net was I knew I just had to get a PC! So I brought my own and am still learning so much about it! :)

Tell all...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I started learning about PC's at school. I picked up typing right away, and taught myself nearly everything I know to do with the internet. (School helped for some things) I ended up telling my Mum a computer was necessary for school work, then I got that for my birthday. (when i was about 12) Low and behold, I told her that the internet was necessary for my homework :) And it wasn't just one sentance, there was weeks of pleading and arguments, and eventually, I got it :)

My Mum used to be a brilliant typist (years ago, with her job) but luckily now she doesn't know how to use the damn thing so it's all mine :D

Oh, and I think I discovered TWO through a search engine, can't quite remember, been so long :P

How'd I get online?? I turned the computer on :P

Anyway, I used to use my dads computer to look up news and information for my school work.

Then I got my own computer and used the internet to download music, go on forums and play games.

I taught myself everything I know though, pity no one else in my family can!

Erm.. i cant really remember. Used PC's through High School. Never really got into the whole PC thing till Champ Man 2 came out haha. Then i started using the net, and have never looked back. And now im going on to do a Internet Computing degree at uni next year!

Walshy the correct responce is: A Modem

A Modem

I bow to you :worship

But I don't use a modem in a matter of speaking, I use my ntl box, and I wouldn't want to fool you all into thinking I used something I didn't. :xyx