Name of June PPV Announced... Prepare to be shocked. *Spoilers*

Chris2K

WWE will be reprising a WCW tradition this year. On 6/27 they will present The Great American Bash as a June pay-per-view. The show will take place from Norfolk, Virginia and will be set around an “American-patriot” theme. Promotion photos show Torrie Wilson in a red, white and blue Uncle Sam outfit.

Norfolk is the home of the largest naval base in the world. WWE will also announce that members of the military will be able to view the pay-per-view for free.

The Great American Bash began as a series of summer events promoted by Jim Crockett in the late ‘80s. In July of 1988 the show aired on pay-per-view from Baltimore, Maryland headlined by NWA Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair verses Lex Luger, with Flair coming away victorious once the match was stopped by the State Athletic Commission due to Luger’s excessive bleeding. That night marked NWA’s first event ever available through all cable systems on pay-per-view.

The name was used annually as a NWA/WCW event and later became a WCW tradition.

Well it's nice to see the WWE really racking their brains to think of fresh ideas isn't it....

They bring back GAB but not Starcade? The December PPV NEEDS to be Starcade. Can you imagine if the tables had turned and WCW had acquired WWE, then they decided to keep their March PPV as Sin or New Blood Rising instead of Wrestlemania? That's pretty much what WWE is doing with Starcade.

Anyway, the "USA, USA" chanting xenophobic fans will have a field day with The Great American Bash. Great stuff for people from the States, but there's only so many times foreign fans can listen to "Support our great troops!" and be subjected to the pain of watching angles focused around evil foreign stereotypes.

Anyway' date=' the "USA, USA" chanting xenophobic fans will have a field day with The Great American Bash. Great stuff for people from the States, but there's only so many times foreign fans can listen to "Support our great troops!" and be subjected to the pain of watching angles focused around evil foreign stereotypes.[/quote']

I had this chat before on other sites. I too, am sick to death of the damn "USA is the best in the entire World and no matter when you come from your crap" mentality of so many wrestling fans.

It's an American federation' date=' but I do think they go far too over the top sometimes. They seem to forget that America is just one of the 53 countries that watch WWE, and probably has a very average percentage of the population as its fans.[/quote']

Plus, when they were going on and on and on and on and onnnnn about Iraq and how the USA "won the war", they seemed to forget that the UK were there with them, doing a better job may I add! :evil

Plus' date=' when they were going on and on and on and on and onnnnn about Iraq and how the USA "won the war", they seemed to forget that the UK were there with them, doing a better job may I add! :evil[/quote']

totally agree with you

do you guys also think that too many ppv's will make it not as exciting as their will be shorter time for story lines and build ups for matches

totally agree with you

do you guys also think that too many ppv's will make it not as exciting as their will be shorter time for story lines and build ups for matches

There will be the same time build up for PPV's as they normally have, 1 month. I think this is good because they where obviously struggling to have 2 months without a PPV, on the other hand how many people are going to pay for the extra PPV's??

Well I guess only time will tell, maybe the thought of the name so old WCW fans will see an advert and go "hey, I remember the wcw ppv's, I used to watch them, god where they awful in 2000, don't think I'll be paying for that!"

Oh I almost forgot to say, 'wCw is comin bak! Goldberg will destroy every1!!' :D

So its the Great American Bash, well nice and original :D I dont mind them putting the old name to the ppv, lets just hope they can put a show together thats worthy of the name and the history. As for the other ppv, it wouldnt surprise me if it was Starrcade, hey you never know, they could call it Road Wild :D

They bring back GAB but not Starcade? The December PPV NEEDS to be Starcade. Can you imagine if the tables had turned and WCW had acquired WWE' date=' then they decided to keep their March PPV as Sin or New Blood Rising instead of Wrestlemania? That's pretty much what WWE is doing with Starcade.[/quote']

I thought the exact same thing before I even read your post Russ, dam I hope December PPV becomes StarrCade, but still it wont be the StarrCade I remeber, but the PPV name is almost as memorable as Wrestlemania

This got me thinking, with SmackDown in such a hole at the moment IMO, I think bringing back WCW (!) would be a good idea. They could still do the roster trades- but as it would seem they were actually going to different companies it would turn into a real event- and the PPVs could alternate as they currently do, but just in a WWE-WCW cycle instead of Raw-Smackdown.

StarrCade, The Great American Bash, World War 3, WrestleMania, Summerslam, Survivor Series- all in the same calendar- every month would be a proper event!

Well, that's what I'd like anywho...

(clap clap) NJC the best opinion about about resurrecting WCW i have heard. There is absoluteley no reason why WWE wouldnt bring WCW back. The only change could be is there would be 4 shows a week if they were fully seperated which I would prefer.

:thumbsup great comment!!

WCW coming back? Well, if the wwe do to the GAB what they did to a lot of other WCW institutions (eg Goldberg, Booker T), it would be the equivalent of digging up the bones of WCW one last time just to piss all over them again