WWE Titles

Midnight Rider

Being new I don't know if this idea has already been included somewhere on this forum, but it is an idea that I have been promoting to anyone who will listen since the brand split.

Its very simple:-

Re-name the World Heavyweight Championship to "Raw Heavyweight Championship", same for Smackdown (change the WWE Title to Smackdown Heavyweight Championship). The same thing also goes for the respective Tag Team Champions.

The Raw Championships can only be contested on Raw or Raw only Pay Per Views, same for Smackdown.

Then at the major "joint" pay per views have matches between the respective brand champions for the WWE Titles.

This way you would get the opportunity more title matches on the respective shows and at the major PPV's matches that would not be seen on the shows. It would probably cut out the repetitive feel of the matches now. Lets not forget the main event upcoming at Backlash is a re-run of the main event at Wrestlemania.

You could also include Intercontinental Champ Vs US Champion in this list.

The inter-promotional matches at Wrestlemania were lacklustre and staged as gimmicks.

It's just an idea and will probably never happen.

First of there is no need to chance the names of the belts as there is no need one can be worlds for raw and sd can get the WWE titles

Secondly speaking from experience belts cost a hell of alot of money to make into the $3000 rage for the stuff WWE has I bet the big gold is $3500 worth a pop, I know its nothing to the WWE but they replace the same designs every 4 months in some cases, and probably stock pileing belts as it is.

They should just leave them as they are. No need for any name changes, i mean "The World Heavyweight Championship" sounds big and important, suited for Raw. the "WWE Heavyweight Championship" doesnt sound as big, but it still sounds important. Any name change would just be worthless and insignificant.

Renaming the RAW and SmackDown! titles after their shows isnt a good idea at all. It makes them sound less important, and it also makes them sound like TV titles, as they are named after their TV shows. I say get rid of the World title on RAW and keep the WWE Title, afterall thats the one with the lineage that goes back to the original WWF World Heavyweight title, the RAW title is a made up belt, given to HHH to appease his giant ego.

Have 1 World champion who is on both shows, like they did originally. Also, while we're at it, get rid of one of the tag titles and have all the tag teams on one show. WWE doesnt even have enough decend teams to warrant ONE tag title these days, let alone two!

Renaming the RAW and SmackDown! titles after their shows isnt a good idea at all. It makes them sound less important, and it also makes them sound like TV titles, as they are named after their TV shows. I say get rid of the World title on RAW and keep the WWE Title, afterall thats the one with the lineage that goes back to the original WWF World Heavyweight title, the RAW title is a made up belt, given to HHH to appease his giant ego.

Have 1 World champion who is on both shows, like they did originally. Also, while we're at it, get rid of one of the tag titles and have all the tag teams on one show. WWE doesnt even have enough decend teams to warrant ONE tag title these days, let alone two!

The 1 champion/tag team champions thing is a good idea and should keep the shows flowing nicely, but I'm not for taking out the World Heaveyweight Championship. That belt is my favourite and I see no reason for getting rid of it. It's been brought into the equation so why take it out?

I understand that the WWE title ranges back a while, but at the moment it's all about the future anyway. I don't know maybe I'm just being a World Heaveyweight Championship mark and your being a WWE title mark :D (check your name lol)

Anyway, there's my bid to keep the World Heaveyweight Championship for what a beauty it is... :worship

The 1 champion/tag team champions thing is a good idea and should keep the shows flowing nicely, but I'm not for taking out the World Heaveyweight Championship. That belt is my favourite and I see no reason for getting rid of it. It's been brought into the equation so why take it out?

I understand that the WWE title ranges back a while, but at the moment it's all about the future anyway. I don't know maybe I'm just being a World Heaveyweight Championship mark and your being a WWE title mark :D (check your name lol)

Anyway, there's my bid to keep the World Heaveyweight Championship for what a beauty it is... :worship

The big gold on Raw has no history or crediblity behind it, while the WWE title does first of the WCW Big gold history and I mean starting from when WCW broke away from the NWA Dont get me started on that please, was merged into the WWE Belt, secondly it has the WWE logo on the belt thats tottaly disrespected what the original big gold was about, one belt many promotions within the NWA.

The WWE title might not look the nicest matter a fact i thinks its awfull, but WWE Big gold doesnt do it for me it has no crediblity behind it

The thing is, to me, the Big Gold represents WCW. (Its doesnt represent the NWA to me, the Domed Globe is NWA). WCW is known as a failure, the company went out of business. To have their style belt used as the main title in WWE, especially when the RAW title is only a year or two old also, is insane.

I think they should go back to the classic Reggie Parks-made Winged Eagle belt from 1988-1998 or even the JMar-made Big Eagle from 1998-2002.

I think it's stupid to have your belts as "WWE championship" and "World championship" - is there really a difference? Does that mean the World title isn't a part of the WWE? Does that mean the WWE title isn't a worldwide belt? It is pretty stupid.

At the same time, the RAW heavyweight championship and SmackDown heavyweight championship sound a bit stupid.

I think if WCW were to be brought back, THIS would probably be the only huge real benefit of it.

The thing is, to me, the Big Gold represents WCW. (Its doesnt represent the NWA to me, the Domed Globe is NWA). WCW is known as a failure, the company went out of business. To have their style belt used as the main title in WWE, especially when the RAW title is only a year or two old also, is insane.

I think they should go back to the classic Reggie Parks-made Winged Eagle belt from 1988-1998 or even the JMar-made Big Eagle from 1998-2002.

Exactly. It depends what each belt represents to you. I'll admit the winged eagle back would be nice, and I'd replace it with the WWE title first, if not both.

I never wathed WCW so the RAW title represents RAW for me, and the newer generation. I am aware of what the WCW title looked like, and yes extremely similar, but I'm still all for the World Heaveyweight Championship.

I am aware of what the WCW title looked like' date=' and yes extremely similar, but I'm still all for the World Heaveyweight Championship.[/quote']

JMar has made a very good version of the original. Main differences are the sideplates are bigger on the RAW version and it has the WWE logo. Also the original has the rope effect around the edges of every plate. Nameplate is different...there are lots of other differences, but its pretty much the same belt. I actually prefer the new RAW version, I just dont think it should be the belt to represent the so-called main champion in WWE.

RAW Belt:

http://www.beltmarks.com/data/media/3/rawbiggold0002.jpg

WCW Belt:

http://www.beltmarks.com/data/media/3/belt.jpg

Edited by The Beltster

in my opinion with the RAW title being called Worlds title and Smackdowns being WWEs title, the RAW is more important because to get that title you have to be the best in the world whereas the smackdown title represents wwe which means in theory the TNA title could be more prestigous.

First of you are correct the NWA Title has alot more presige then any WWE belt will ever have

TOTALLY disagree...the NWA title meant something until 1987 or so, since then it has been a joke and is worthless. And even at its peak, the NWA World title wasnt a patch of the WWWF or WWF World title, IMO.

TOTALLY disagree...the NWA title meant something until 1987 or so' date=' since then it has been a joke and is worthless. And even at its peak, the NWA World title wasnt a patch of the WWWF or WWF World title, IMO.[/quote']

Id say untill Flair buggered of to WWF with his belt the NWA was worth something, then the Douglas story twat as he is, then the belt was passed around by no body, id say it started to become what it was when Corino won the belt

Now as the huge hogan mark you are Chris even you know Hogan thinks more of the NWA title than the WWF belt

Id say untill Flair buggered of to WWF with his belt the NWA was worth something, then the Douglas story twat as he is, then the belt was passed around by no body, id say it started to become what it was when Corino won the belt

Now as the huge hogan mark you are Chris even you know Hogan thinks more of the NWA title than the WWF belt

When Flair buggered off to the WWF in 1991, the NWA title was pretty much the WCW title at that time, as JCP had been sold to Ted Turner to create WCW 2 years earlier. Then it was worn by loads of people like Mike Rapida etc, and thrown down by Douglas in a shitty little bingo hall...that is not the setting for a presigious title to be fought over in the first place...Now, the title is so meaningless that the NWA board who used to decide title matches and winners even signed over all control of the NWA title to Jerry Jarrett and TNA. The title died in 1988 or so, IMO.

When Flair buggered off to the WWF in 1991' date=' the NWA title was pretty much the WCW title at that time, as JCP had been sold to Ted Turner to create WCW 2 years earlier. Then it was worn by loads of people like Mike Rapida etc, and thrown down by Douglas in a shitty little bingo hall...that is not the setting for a presigious title to be fought over in the first place...Now, the title is so meaningless that the NWA board who used to decide title matches and winners even signed over all control of the NWA title to Jerry Jarrett and TNA. The title died in 1988 or so, IMO.[/quote']

But still it was board controlled when Flair buggered of to the WWF, you are right about NWA board signing over the NWA belts to Jerry and hes basically squashed what ever credibilty it has on a pathetic champions Ron Killings, Shamrock Jeff Jarrett, but still the history behind the title could out strip the WWF belt anyday and a belt is all about history to me

But still it was board controlled when Flair buggered of to the WWF' date=' you are right about NWA board signing over the NWA belts to Jerry and hes basically squashed what ever credibilty it has on a pathetic champions Ron Killings, Shamrock Jeff Jarrett, but still the history behind the title could out strip the WWF belt anyday and a belt is all about history to me[/quote']

Yeah your right, the board did still control it when Ric left for Titan in 91, but still, it was the WCW title really. I still stand by the fact that it was no longer the NWA title when Turner created WCW.

As for history, the NWA title has plenty, but I still dont put it in the class of the original WWWF/WWF World title. Even the WWF IC title, up until about 1993, meant more to me than the NWA Title...

Name some big money NWA World champions...there are a few legends, but most of them are from an age before we were even alive. Lou Thesz etc...the WWWF/WWF had Bruno Sammartino, Billy Graham, Pedro Morales and more importantly, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. Add Randy Savage, Bret Hart, HBK, Steve Austin, The Rock and HHH to the mix and you have so many big name stars who have held the WWF gold.

Ha I knew it wouldnt last long before the NWA Vs WWE belt would come here, as you know the first wrestling show I saw im sure was a NWA WCW show and the NWA belt the big gold at the time was the first belt I sure so im a bit biased as you are to the WWF

There are many people I class as legends who have held the NWA belt and the same with the WWF belt true

Race, Dusty, Flair, Steamboat, Sting, The Funks, Jack Brisco maybe im one for pure wrestlers but that list right there proves that the NWA belt was pure wrestling unlike what the WWF belt became after 1985