No return for ECW but how about WCW?

Matt

Taken from ProWrestling.com

According to the USPTO the trademark for ECW was suspended as of January 2004. That pretty much indicates that there is no activity with the WWE bringing back ECW at this time as has been rumored recently.

However the WWE has been working on the Trademarks for WCW through April, which could indicate that WCW will return in some capacity in the near future.

It won't happen, Vince had his chance and blew it BIGTIME with WCW. Any luster or appeal that WCW had as competition is gone now, along with the name recognition. Vince made sure of this with his "worked shoot" about how he was going to "bury WCW and place it on a shelf forever". I wouldn't watch it even IF Vince brought WCW or ECW back in some capacity because they would be nothing but empty shells of once exciting organizations.

Vince needs to focus on getting his own house in order, mostly Smackdown before he can even begin pouring resources into this project. He got what matters most from the purchase of WCW and that was the huge tape library and some of the WCW stars. The only way a resurrected WCW or ECW would interest me is if Vince and company had nothing to do with it which would mean that Vince would have to sell the rights, trademarks etc etc and he's not going to do it.

resurrecting wcw would be a great idea because all the other companies talent such as TNA and ROH would lose their talent to wcw and then vince would be able to use stars like eugene properly instead of bad gimmicks. i wouldnt want ecw coming back because that hardcore gimmick is old but a pure wrestling co. like wcw would be great

resurrecting wcw would be a great idea because all the other companies talent such as TNA and ROH would lose their talent to wcw

Dunno how you figure that one. Resurrecting WCW would mean it would take one of the current brands (either RAW or SmackDown) and use it's wrestlers. It would have hardly any effect on TNA or ROH.

what i mean is a cut down version of wwe would still have 2 shows a week, but the stars of wwe would fight twice a week and so would the wcw wrestlers which would allow more of the up-and-coming wrestlers to get a chance. the stars of tna and roh like low ki and styles would get a chance in a new company because like i said in the above there would be twice as many shows a week allowing more new talent to come through. anyway wot du u mean by "trademarks of wcw" sharpshooter?

resurrecting wcw would be a great idea because all the other companies talent such as TNA and ROH would lose their talent to wcw and then vince would be able to use stars like eugene properly instead of bad gimmicks. i wouldnt want ecw coming back because that hardcore gimmick is old but a pure wrestling co. like wcw would be great

First of TNA talent is nearly all contracted and secondly RoH talent that as been pointed out many a time is just young kids bumping around a ring and they would be squashed by anything with vince imput, ala Spanky and Paul London, only people I could see doing well in the new WCW who isnt contracted is Samoa Joe anyone else WWE might be intrested in employing are contracted

Should just say by the way since the other thread was closed and I couldn't say it there, I don't like the RoH fans being arrogant in the fact that I get the feeling that they think just because they watch RoH they are instantly smarter. Arrogance over dumb marks is a different thing altogether, and what was the issue in that thread :)

Otherwise though, the WCW idea... I don't like it, in fact I think the ECW one made more sense. Why resurrect the WCW tag? What would it achieve? Why not just work on having the first year of true total brand separation instead?

what i mean is a cut down version of wwe would still have 2 shows a week' date=' but the stars of wwe would fight twice a week and so would the wcw wrestlers which would allow more of the up-and-coming wrestlers to get a chance. the stars of tna and roh like low ki and styles would get a chance in a new company because like i said in the above there would be twice as many shows a week allowing more new talent to come through.[/quote']

That makes no sense.

How would everyone fight twice a week and why would there be twice as many shows? WWE wouldn't have twice as many shows cas they have a hard time as it is using the shows and talent they have as it is. They have NO room for TNA guys, and even IF they did, TNA wrestlers are under contract so they legally can't work for the WWE, and WWE wouldn't hire Low-ki and Styles anyway, without wasting them.

Maybe a better idea is concentrating on the WWE and turning that into the best it can possibly be. What's the point of bringing back an old company which ended up failing? Vince bought WCW to keep it on the shelf forever, so that's exactly what he should do.

And bringing back an old company like WCW could switch people's views of the WWE. Leave WCW and ECW alone, and let them be remembered for their greatness, and not some washed up place that has been rivived by Vincent Kennedy McMahon. The WWE really don't need any rivivals right now, or any time for that matter. They should be concentrating on their own company and talent...

Taken from ProWrestling.com

According to the USPTO the trademark for ECW was suspended as of January 2004. That pretty much indicates that there is no activity with the WWE bringing back ECW at this time as has been rumored recently.

However the WWE has been working on the Trademarks for WCW through April, which could indicate that WCW will return in some capacity in the near future.

It could just be WWE have been working on the WCW trademark because they are looking into broadcasting some of the old shows on the WWE 24/7 project when it launches.

It could just be WWE have been working on the WCW trademark because they are looking into broadcasting some of the old shows on the WWE 24/7 project when it launches.

I'm guessing that's a TV channel? If so, is it going to air in the UK? And if so, it sounds like a good idea :xyx

Don't tell them that, I think its funnier to see them arguing about bringing it back. ;)

Anyway, bringing back WCW would achieve what?? It would mean they would have to advertise it, buy equipment, staff, writers, producers (all costing money which the wwe can't really afford). There would have to be more talent hired or further spliting of the rosters, which would split up traveling buddies and piss off talent. Now the positives, erm....

Hopefully you are right. I mean if i've said it once, i've said it a thousand times, the WWE bringing back either WCW or ECW would be a big mistake. The companies would never be the same as their glory days, and it would cost the WWE a fortune to do it (and it wouldnt be worth it in the end)

That makes no sense.

How would everyone fight twice a week and why would there be twice as many shows? WWE wouldn't have twice as many shows cas they have a hard time as it is using the shows and talent they have as it is. They have NO room for TNA guys, and even IF they did, TNA wrestlers are under contract so they legally can't work for the WWE, and WWE wouldn't hire Low-ki and Styles anyway, without wasting them.

If you go back to when there was three big companys WWF had RAW and Smackdown each week and if there was asplit there would be two companies again. If there was WCW and WWE there would 4 show which means there would be 2 shows each which means twice as many shows. There would be more room for talent because if WWE currently has 60 superstars WWE would split and there would then have 30 stars each which would let more talent come through. If you go back five years, if WWF was the size it is now the talent it has wouldn't have been able to come through

there is 7 nights in a week WCW could run on saturday and wednesday and WWE on monday and thursday. if it did happen wwe would be making more money so its a good idea. what do you mean about the brand split it would be different to the brand split.

there would be 4 shows a week

2 wwe and 2 wcw

unlike the brand split there would be more opportunities for the up and comers

As I said to begin with, if you do that then you can't just say to a network "Hey we've got 2 new wrestling shows a week for you to show". The wwe would have to try and find a national station to show the program on. Then they would have to hire more talent, then they would have to arrange who would go where. You have to buy a two new production teams, two new sets of writers. You have to advertise two new shows, you have to organise extra PPV's, all of which costs money, most of which they probably wouldn't get back!

Christ it's like talking to a brick wall. Maybe the use of caps and bold will help me:

WWE WILL NEVER HAVE TV SHOWS EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK BECAUSE IT IS BAD ENOUGH THAT THEIR TWO CURRENT SHOWS AREN'T DOING WELL IN THE RATINGS - I NEVER EVER ONCE AT ANY ONE POINT SAID RAW OR SMACKDOWN SHOULD BE SCRAPPED. BUT WWE WILL NOT USE FOUR MAJOR SHOWS A WEEK - EVEN IF THEY DID, THEY HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TALENT ALREADY UNDER THEIR WING TO FILL UP FOR SHOWS, BUT IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN!!!

Hopefully that'll make it clear.

if it did happen wwe would be making more money so its a good idea.

Producing 4 live shows and week before you even have to put together recap shows would be a finacial dissaster especially considering the current house attendances are nothing special.