wZw - Quick Results from Whitley Bay (With D'Lo Brown)

wrestle-zone

wZw – Path To Destruction Tour (Whitley Bay) Results

Saturday 10th April 2004

Well a show, first it was another sell out crowd. We filled to capacity (300), the crowd were really hot and ready for some wZw action. With a new improved set and sound system we once again rocked Whitley Bay with seven awesome matches.

Referee: Phil Robinson

MC: Gary Graham

Whitley Bay Wreckin’ Crew def Nattrass Boys (No DQ Scramble Match)

Well a pretty decent start to the show, with the Wreckin’ Crew being totally over with the crowd, something to do with them being the home town boys. This match saw awesome chair buckling shots and some high powered moves. The Nattrass Boys were up for most of the match, but the Wrecking Crew pulled the pin out with a scull crushing double chair shot to J Nattrass.

Mark Sloan & Eamon Sharhan def Aviv Mayaan & Max Voltage

This was the typical FWA match, loads of fast paced moves, and hard-hitting action. Max Voltage impressed me no end and for such a young lad, his in ring ability was awesome.

Highlander def Middleman “Lee Butler”

This was a England Vs Scotland Match, Promoter Vs Promoter Match. Lee was fan favourite and the heat the highlander got was immense (He had retired but is contractually obliged to work bookings already made). This was power vs power all the way and they really went to town on each other. Middleman cut a short promo and wanted a re-match….

Commonwealth Connection (wZw) def DDL & Joey Hayes (GPW)

This was the only round on this show of the wZw Tag Team Tournament and always promised to be a good one. Damon and Joey shot up the A1 from the TV taping with the FWA to be on this show and they did not disappoint. The mixture of Tim Strange and John Britain’s power mixed with the sheer speed of DDL and Joey made this a match to remember.

Full Pack & Stevie Lynn def Carbon, Livewire and Juvenile

best out 5 tables, in a crazy table match

This was one of the craziest matches I have witnessed, this was put spots mixed with tables and some of the sickest bumps imaginable were taken. Including a death valley driver to the outside through a table, onto the concrete floor with no matting, and the finish a Spanish fly from the top rope sending both Carbon and Iain Robinson through table.

Iceman def Shady Nattrass

Strong Style Match

Holy Sh** is all I can say, this was so hard hitting every one in the crowd felt every hit, every punch and every kick. Iceman and Shady pretty much used every hard hitting move to massive effect with both being totally worn out and swollen faced, highlight was Iceman being scooped slammed from the top to the outside, with the mat ripped up..

Domino & D’Lo Brown Def General Trent Steel & Spitfire

This was the match they all wanted to see, GTS came out and cut a promo, and told every one D’Lo had no showed and he was glad because the people of Whitley Bay did not deserve to to see him get his arsed kicked. D’Lo’s music hit and the place exploded with D’Lo chants and the crowds rushed to the barriers to slap his hands. This was a classic heel and face match with D’Lo having to wait for the tag and then getting a public warning for getting in the ring after the ref missed his tag. D’lo got the win after first hitting the Low Down and then the 5 Star Frog Splash. The fans chanted after the win and D’Lo cut a promo, the pop was unreal and a D’Lo welled up and a tear ran down his face. He was amazed at the response he was given in a sleepy little seaside town called Whitley Bay…

Tonight’s show was awesome and anyone there I am sure would agree, people have been following the rise of wZw and we can only get stronger and stronger. Some people still try and cause trouble for us, but as always we rise above it and hit back the best way we can with a sell out show and exhibiting some amazing wrestling..

Another top show

It is the third WzW show I have seen and they just keep impressing me. Every match was a corker, the crazy table match was mad, some of the best table shots I have ever seen.

Iceman will always perform, top class opponent in Shady Nattrass.

Highlight of the night was of course D'Lo Brown. a great crowd pleaser and a real gent afterwards. You need to buy this video, it will shake you to the core.

Finally it is good to see WzW moving onwards and upwards, the wrestlers get better and better, and in Phil Robinson they must have the best wrestling referee in the UK.

It is the third WzW show I have seen and they just keep impressing me. Every match was a corker, the crazy table match was mad, some of the best table shots I have ever seen.

Iceman will always perform, top class opponent in Shady Nattrass.

Highlight of the night was of course D'Lo Brown. a great crowd pleaser and a real gent afterwards. You need to buy this video, it will shake you to the core.

Finally it is good to see WzW moving onwards and upwards, the wrestlers get better and better, and in Phil Robinson they must have the best wrestling referee in the UK.

Thanks for the comments, we at wZw are taking wrestling to a higher level and will continue to do so, we believe people want to see shows with real wrestlers not just a load of backyard looking kids in jeans and t shirts continually flying off the top. We will contine to produce the best there is here in the North East, and we will mix it up with BIG names from the wrestling world.

Over 100 pictures are due to be on site later this week, with of course the music video of the show and then the DVD release in the next two weeks.

At the end of the day its you the fans that keep coming back to wZw, supporting us thats making us one of the finest promotions in the North East.

Ohh and Phil yes, he used to wrestle in the days of Big Daddy etc, a referee is as important in a show as the wrestlers, he has age and experience to run the ring. Too many promotions use kids as ref's kids that know nothing about the business let alone what to do if things go wrong. Phil is a legend....

Gary

Edited by wrestle-zone