Eugene??

RhinoRock

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my reply on the "official RAW thread" regarding Eugene :

Eugene one minute, "Eu-have-no-career" the next minute. Nick Dinsmore will follow the oh so career busting gimmicks set forth years before with Terry Taylor and "The Red Rooster". It's a shame, atleast Taylor actually had a career to kill in the first place, Dinsmores days are winding down already as they just begun, sad. :?

I think the Eugene character is pretty entertaining thus far. Only problem is that it will be difficult for Dinsmore to shake off the gimmick later on.

yeah i agree...it seems like it could be entertaining as a midcard gimmick...but its not the type of thing you wanna give to a guy with dinsmore's talent

he'll be trying to escape this gimmick forever

Source - PWInsider.com

Here are the results from the WWE Raw House Show in Saginaw, Mi.

After the womens match, Eugene came back out with a stuffed Easter Bunny. He gave Victoria and Lita hugs and kisses from the bunny. William Regal came out to try and get Eugene out of the ring. Albert then came out and ripped the bunny in half. Leading to....

Eugene defeated Albert. Eugene spent most of the match trying to stuff the stuffing back into the bunny. During the match, Albert removed one of the turnbuckles. He tried to ram Eugene into the exposed buckle, but Eugene ducked picking up stuffing. Albert hit his head and was down. Eugene sat on Albert fixing the bunny and the ref counted three giving Eugene the win.

Way to use Albert, I knew that trade from Smackdown would boost his career! :roll

Edited by Lil' Naitch

perhaps a storyline will be regal training him to a heel and then would lose the gimmick certainly

Or that he was simply acting and pretending to be mentally retarded for some strange reason. I know the WWE could make something out of it. It could show clips of Dinsmore acting normally until infornt of Regal ect...

He could fall in love with one of the divas and act normally while Regal looks on and realizes that he's really not retarded. Then a Regal Vs Dinsmore feud happens. Regal then turns against Bischoff. (I wouldn't call it face, as heel is written all over Regal, he plays the part brilliantly)

Or that he was simply acting and pretending to be mentally retarded for some strange reason. I know the WWE could make something out of it. It could show clips of Dinsmore acting normally until infornt of Regal ect...

He could fall in love with one of the divas and act normally while Regal looks on and realizes that he's really not retarded. Then a Regal Vs Dinsmore feud happens. Regal then turns against Bischoff. (I wouldn't call it face, as heel is written all over Regal, he plays the part brilliantly)

Well I hope your right, because from what I hear this kid is a great Star in the Making. :(

p.s. Give Lance Storm a hard-man gimmick or something and give the guy and chance!

I'll have to take your word that Dinsmore is a great technical wrestler, because I don't get to see house shows or stuff like that.

The gimmick is disgracful, though. The WWE are trying to promote success for disabled people again. They tried it with Zach Gowan, and did a promising job at first. But this Dinsmore gimmick is more inappropriate than unbelievable.

I can't imagine what WWE fans would find more offensive: A retard going on a winning streak at Raw and getting a PPV title shot, or the realisation that in fact he was a gifted technical wrestler who was faking his disability all along.

Cheers!

Or that he was simply acting and pretending to be mentally retarded for some strange reason. I know the WWE could make something out of it.
They better do something with because that has got to be the most "retarded" gimmick (get it play on words? ha ha ha) in the history of all wrestli... (oh yeah and IRS sucked to) ...ng

It can't work. I mean in real life you can't just recover from a bout of retardism, can you? Give work a call tomorrow and tell them you won't be in for the next day or two because you are feeling like a bit of a retard. Can you imagine a WWE backstage locker-room scene:

HHH: "Oooh, I'm feeling a bit slow today."

Flair: "I heard there was a nasty bout of - whoooo! - retarditis going around."

If Eugene is going to stay in the WWE then he will have to have been faking it, right?

Cheers!

Edited by Boyo

I can see how the transition could be made - just have him suffer some kind of head injury, and pretend it's "cured" him, or released some repressed side to him etc. Sort of like autism in reverse.

It'd work especially well if it's Regal who does the bashing, leading to Eugene fueding with him and beating him, then he can move on to something else as a normal character.

Ed