Random WWE thoughts ........

Lil Naitch

• John Cena - Needs a new finisher, the "F-U" just doesn't look smooth. It's a standing firemans carry, nothing more and nothing less. With the bigger guys it looks too akward from the time he initiates it to when he gets the guy over for it. I'm not quite sure what his finisher should be but I just don't like the "F-U".

• Lita - As much as I'm a fan of hers, shes needs a few months down in OVW. She isn't anywhere near where she used to be and has come real close to injuring herself or an opponent because of her ring rust. Realizing that she is coming back from a severe neck injury mind you, she stills needs more work to keep up with the likes of Victoria, Molly and Jazz etc.

• The F-5 - Why put the move on the shelf since Brock is gone? Give it to Batista and get him AWAY from the oh so predictable big mans power bomb.

• Spike Dudley - Put a shirt on him.

I dunno... as much as he's over with that rapper gimmick, doesn't anyone else just think it's a total midcarder for life kind of routine he's doing?

And Spike Dudley without a shirt doesn't really piss me off, seen too many skinny small guys bouncing round RoH to be disturbed anymore :P

It's a comedy gimmick. He will get upper-midcard tops. No way can he be taken seriously by simply getting cheap heat with football shirts every week.

Now The Prototype - THAT is a gimmick. I can pretty much guarentee that would get Cena over in a HUGE heel way. Or hell, just have him as a serious rapper who just stops rapping (he can keep the image) and just goes berserk. He has the charisma to pull it off.

On the topic of Cena's gimmick, most people didn't expect to last this long. I think it's here to stay for quite a while. I can see it going the route Draven said with him stopping rapping, but keeping the image, and maybe bringing out the raps on special occassions. i think the gimmick works for Cena because it seems to be almost an extension of Cena himself, and he's comfortable with it, and it gives extra merchandise opportunities and also keeps him different from the rest of the roster. As for him not being a main eventer with the gimmick, why not? I can't think any reason why he shouldn't be in it.

I think the rapping them is a stepping stone, and when he gets to the stage they want him to main event, they'll slightly change it, give him a harder edge, retain the strong points, but give it that stronger edge needed for the main event.
  • Like 1

The rapper thing gave Cena the all-important third dimension. It goes without saying that he's so much more entertaining now than he was as the no-personality he was when he arrived in wwe. It gives him a profile with the fans which is the main thing. He'll probably have to drop or refine it when he gets the big push to the main event, but it will have served its purpose well

I think it's a positive move that Hyson works without a singlet. And Cena needs to ditch that horrible rapper gimmick' date=' he ain't gonna draw a dime using it.[/quote']

Yep i'll agree with that. Cant see Vince ever having a rapper as champ

the worm.....no......but Cena is definetly not the worst rapper ever....im not sure how much he makes up on his own but its pretty good for being pretty quickly thrown together. When he and Big Show had their "battle" I was on the floor laughing at some of the stuff he was said. Dont tell me youre expecting grammy- quality work every night?

Entertaining?

He has got to be the worst rapper ever. I suppose the worm is entertaining too.

They will definately lose this gimmick when he moves up to headline.

YES! YES! you see over here "across the pond" in the good old USA, rap is a huge part of our culture(obviously cause it was created here), I don't know if rap is popular over in europe or not I've never been, but Cena's so called "freestyle battles" are disgraceful, and shameful. first of all, they aren't even rapping, they're just talking and rhyming words, and second, the so called "Battle lyrics" suck. Cena takes the image of a rapper and makes it look like a big joke

Cena seems to be very over with his current gimmick the WWe writers have just got to work out when this will peak so that they can move him up to the next level.

On another note for WWe points

1 - HHH for an eventual face turn against Evolution and Randy Orton following his return from the movies

2 - No more Tag Team gold for the Dudleys, they are just boring

3 - Jim Ross re-hired Grandmaster Sexay!!! what the hell is going on there, there are so many better in the Indy circuit

Yeeeeoooo!

Erm, err - well, that's me freestyled out. True battle rapping is bloody difficult. I bet you can't do it, any of you. My point is, neither can Cena, although he is pretty funny with it.

So just remember, my WWE freeks, when yooz iz messin' wit' my man Cena: Any half-assed known rapper to trespass better be ready for the second Celebrity Deathmatch.

Peace out and word life. Cena should drop the gimmick, but keep the image.

Yeeeeooo!

Cheers!

YES! YES! you see over here "across the pond" in the good old USA' date=' rap is a huge part of our culture(obviously cause it was created here), I don't know if rap is popular over in europe or not I've never been, but Cena's so called "freestyle battles" are disgraceful, and shameful. first of all, they aren't even rapping, they're just talking and rhyming words, and second, the so called "Battle lyrics" suck. Cena takes the image of a rapper and makes it look like a big joke[/quote']

You make us out to be thick,

with your rapping, I feel sick.

Ditch the gimmick, get more alive

Cena my man take on the F-5.

Sorry!

YES! YES! you see over here "across the pond" in the good old USA' date=' rap is a huge part of our culture(obviously cause it was created here), I don't know if rap is popular over in europe or not I've never been, but Cena's so called "freestyle battles" are disgraceful, and shameful. first of all, they aren't even rapping, they're just talking and rhyming words, and second, the so called "Battle lyrics" suck. Cena takes the image of a rapper and makes it look like a big joke[/quote']

Most rappers nowadays are a big joke though. (And this is someone who's rhymed at Glastonbury and was a HUGE hiphop mark back in the day).

Cena's not supposed to be the greatest rapper in the world - he's supposed to be entertaining. By all accounts, Cena's very skilled with the language - without a beat though. To spit and creative poem off the top of the head takes more skill than you can imagine. Even among the great "freestylers" of the world there are very few who can really do it: they tend to go back to stock rhymes that they know by rote to fill time and come up with new parts on the fly.

Anyway, back on topic.

Cena's gimmick is too OTT to make him a world champion but the image isn't. Like quite a few people have said, he'll probably keep the remnants of the image but tidy it up for mass consumption. The last thing the WWE needs is for their "Poster Boy" to have accustions of "Wigger" (a stupid term but people are stupid) levelled at him. I reckon if he plays his cards right he could be (along with Orton) a pretty good tip for the top in the future.

Entertaining?

He has got to be the worst rapper ever. I suppose the worm is entertaining too.

They will definately lose this gimmick when he moves up to headline.

Random WWE Thought: The Stink-Face is more entertaining than the Worm

first of all, they aren't even rapping, they're just talking and rhyming words, and second, the so called "Battle lyrics" suck.

I'm a fan of rap, and I'd say talking and rhyming words is a big part of what rap is, but then maybe that's just me.

And I've not heard hsi recent battle lyrics to judge, and admittedly most of his face stuff I have heard I haven't been impressed with, but when he was still a heel with the raps, I was impressed with a lot of it. Sure he's not the greatest rapper about, I doubt he'd claim to be, but he isn't bad. I think he should definitely keep the gimmick, and maybe save the raps for PPV's, for more impact by being less used, and also to make sure they're good, and by keeping the gimmick it gives him a personality and makes him stand out from the rest of the roster, which gives him his beggest chance of being a big star.