Shaun of the Dead

charlie

Went to see this at t'pictures last night and I can highly recommend it. It's got most of the cast of Spaced in it (can't remember names right now), more swearing and guts than I'd expect for a 15 rated film and a good few laughs as the hapless cast try and fight off the zombies. Check it out - I think there's definitely a niche in the market for romantic comedy zombie films.

Guest BigStevieCool

I saw Shaun Of The Dead yesterday with my mate and we both found it funny as hell in the comedy sector but for us in the action sector it has to be between Last Samurai with Tom Cruise and Welcome To The Jungle with The Rock and Sean William Scott, anyway back to Shaun Of The Dead.

Best Bits:

Zombie Girl in back garden

Throwing records at the fat zombie and zombie girl in back garden

Zombie getting Carling cans thrown at his head

The plan of killing Phillip, saving the mum and his girlfriend

Ed hits a zombie with the car

Shaun has a look to see if he can see zombies near the pub

Shaun bounces of trampoline, over fence to get his mum

Ed tries and kill the "prick" despite being a zombie and himself being eaten by other zombies

In Shaun Of The Dead there are so many funny bits and it's hard to name them all but all in all a

*****-on the 5 Star meter.

I didn't think that section where they planned to kill Philip and save his mum and girlfriend would ever end at one point!

More worryingly, my mum looks a lot like the woman playing Shaun's mum did before they got to the pub...couldn't stop thinking it was my mum on screen all the way through.

Guest BigStevieCool
But they couldn't stay at Shaun's girlfriend's house cause Ed couldn't have a ciggie and they couldn't stay at their house cause of the zombie upstairs so at the time The Winchester was the perfect place.

How dare you!!! Starsky & Hutch is a comedic master-piece!!

But very well, we are at two extremes. We wont agree. Therefore, charlie I gracefully accept your opinion, that Shaun of the Dead is better than Starsky & Hutch......but you haven't heard the last from me.

:)

• 5 months later...

Being fully on top of recent trends... I just watched this tonight. It's rare I laugh when I'm sat at home on my own. Unless one of the cats is dicking about. But this film was great. Like a big long episode of a '90s britcom.

:xyx :xyx

Two thumbs up.

Just watched it on DVD, having to put up with months of everyone telling me how fantastic it was. Which i thought would no doubt spoil it. But i though it was sheer class, despite my DVD skipping which meant i missed a good 5 minutes of the end. Best bit had to be the beginning when he had no clue what was going on, even as the army was speeding through and there were corpses following him up the street. Class 9/10

Just watched it on DVD' date=' having to put up with months of everyone telling me how fantastic it was. Which i thought would no doubt spoil it. But i though it was sheer class, despite my DVD skipping which meant i missed a good 5 minutes of the end. Best bit had to be the beginning when he had no clue what was going on, even as the army was speeding through and there were corpses following him up the street. Class 9/10[/quote']

Did they show extra features or is the DVD un-original?

You can tell when a movie is good when you implement phrases in it into your every day vocabulary. "Can I get you ****s a drink?" and calling male friends "Babe" is an every day activity now. :)

It's not the best movie of the year (That award goes to Oldboy), but it certainly is fun. The fact that the humour and scares are kept so far apart from each other means that with some fancy editing, you could turn this film into a pure horror film or a pure comedy, and it would still work.

I'd love to see Shaun Of The Dead do well in America, as it's got a lot of the critics talking and it's all positive. The DVD is also a superb buy, with 4 (!) audio commentarys, tons of deleted scenes and about another 48 extras and behind the scene things that I won't go into.

If you've not seen the film yet, don't wait for it on Sky, it'll only cost £2 or so to rent it, and you'll have a hell of a time watching it.

Saw this last night and its a peice of comic genius i loved it especially when they ripped the guys intestines out When i read " A romatic comedy " i thought umm how the F*** is that gonna work but it did! Im hopin for a sequal maybe shaun of the dead rise of zombies Z day 2.

***** 5 star A class 10/10 Genius GOLD

but ..........Y did he give ed the freakin shot gun he was gonna die in a minit!