High Flying or High Impact?

Jack

High Flying or High Impact?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. High Flying or High Impact?

• High Flying
    • High Impact

if you had a choice of watching a match such as an X division match with lots of high flying moves or a match with lots of high powered moves what would it be?

I personally would prefer to see people like Goldberg and Lesnar throwing people around because these people always create more hype and make wrestling look awesome and real instead of a match like 'sychronised wrestling'.

• Like 1

I must prefer high impact. Everybody loves the Cruisers and bitches they arent pushed, but I dont blame Vince, Cruisers dont draw money and they are acrobats, not pro wrestlers. They cant even throw a decent punch!

I will always be a fan of the heavyweights who throw each other around with high impact moves etc.

That cruiserweight rubbish looks so choriographed and fake, its horrible.

Been at Uni for 3 months hence no ranting recently. High flyers every time. Heavy weight wrestling is generaly lame. Fat, slow guys plodding about is not entertainment. With the exception of Kurt, Brock and some japanese guys heavy weights are dull. If I want to see realistic fighting I'll watch UFC or Pride and see real monsters fighting for real.

The X division, Ring of Honor, CZW, ECW this is entertainment. Who cares if it looks choriographed-ITS PRO WRESTLING.

Cruser matches have much more interesting moves and often better high impact stuff. Most guys in this class are pound 4 pound stronger than the big guys and can throw each other around. The Ki Krusher'99 is the most high impact move around today and you won't see Goldberg or hhh doing that.

P.S. WWFBELTMARK said cruisers cant punch. LO KI, TAJIRI, EVERYONE IN JAPAN.

High Flyers all the way for me. I love the energy, the excitment, and the risk taking of it all. The matches are far more entertaining (on average) than many "regular" matches with some high impact moves. It can get very boring very quickly watching a "slugfest", while in a high-flying match, you never know what their going to do next. The element of unpredictablity is a big factor.

I think an ideal wrestling show spanning two hours or more has got to have a mixture of both. There's only so many times that you can watch workers trading punches, and it's also true that there's a limit to the amout of times you can see someon hit a highspot off of a ladder without getting bored.

A mix of good brawls, high flying spotfests and intelligent technical wrestling are the ingrediants of an enjoyable show. Therefore I'd say it's unfair to put one style over the other, as they both help to make wrestling the exciting form of entertainment that it can be.

what is the attraction wuith high flying? i saw some guy on TNA do a 630 splash off the top rope but this would hurt less than Bubba Rays senton splash, just because he spins 3 and a half times it makes the move look better but not hurt anymore

I think you answered your own question. Seeing a guy do a 630 splash is the attraction of high flighing wrestling. Who cares if it would hurt. It looks cool. This I think is the appeal of X/Luche style of wrestling. Seeing people do stuff humans are not meant to be able to do. Its like saying whats the appeal of gymnastics or something. It looks cool and its exciting to watch. you could easily say the same about big guy stuff i.e. where is the appeal of 2 fat middle aged guys pretending to fight?

P.S. I don't think i could ever get board of high spots off ladders.

where is the appeal of 2 fat middle aged guys pretending to fight?

P.S. I don't think i could ever get board of high spots off ladders.

Fat middle aged guys dont do high impact moves anyway Im reffering to guys like Lesnar awesome athletes who through 500lbs guys like Big Show like rag dolls!

(thanks SCSteveaustin)

If it hadn't been for ECW stars like Super Crazy, RVD, Jerry Lynn, Nova, and other high flying athletes, I would never have gotten into wrestling. The thing that I don't like about WWE is that the show is not about the wrestling, but the soap opera instead. I much prefer to see less story and better wrestling quality.

High impact wrestlers bore me to no end and I'm just as glad to see Benoit and Guerrero hold the titles. They're not luchadores, but they're the best of both worlds.

This is like the discussion about boxing...most boxing fans say that the lower weight classes put on more of a match, but when a decent heavyweight match occurs it is no longer just a match, it becomes an event.

As good as Gatti-Tszyu (spelling?) was, the Lewis-Tyson match was always going to be the fight that people remembered more- because it is more of a spectacle.

Personally though, I really hate the high fliers. It just isn't wrestling, simple as that.

I remember watching Canadian Stampede in 96, and Taka Michinoku was seen for the first time, against Great Sasuke, and I was in awe. But the novelty of that soon wore off, and a month later I was back to being a fan of wrestling.

High impact moves make wrestling what it is. A powerbomb will always be better than a moonsault.