Horror Films

tazz13

I dont watch too many horror movies, the last one i saw was House Of 1000 Corpses which Rob Zombie wrote and directed. It was crap to say the least, he should stick to music. I did watch The Ring and that scared me, it didnt help that i watched it in total darkness save for the tv :( Not a good idea.

Went to see the new evrsion of Dawn of the Dead last week.

Good film. Worth a viewing. BBC2 showd the original as well the other night.

The best horror film last year that made me jump more than ever was "What lies beneath". I saw this at the cinema and whilst it loses something on DVD it is still good horror film.

i wasn't a fan of house of 1000 corpses either...i did however enjoy the ring

best horror movie for me would be the original halloween...i also recommend black christmas, which is a hidden classic that actually predates halloween, and is considered to be the film that established the slasher style genre

Went to see the new evrsion of Dawn of the Dead last week.

Good film. Worth a viewing. BBC2 showd the original as well the other night.

The best horror film last year that made me jump more than ever was "What lies beneath". I saw this at the cinema and whilst it loses something on DVD it is still good horror film.

I've seen What lies beneath, Gothika scared me more when I saw it at the cinema last week.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 123 kid
i would have to agree the ring is a brilliant film and with the sequel on the way i hope the second one will be just as good

Was that the American version of the Ring' date=' or the Japanese version? I haven't seen the American version, but the Jap version scared me witless.[/quote']

I've only seen most of the japanese version of Ring (THE Ring is the US version) apparently most fans of Ring say The Ring is really inferior. What i saw of Ring is possibly the scariest thing i ever saw only the alien movies come close and dont talk to me about halloween and the like being scary they only make you jump with loud noises and ppl suddenly bursting through doors or whatever. No tension at all.

It's OK Taj, I'll throw something in for you. :)

I have to say that the original Dawn Of The Dead is possibly my favourite horror film, it's hilarious! The music in the shopping mall is just so comical when you see what is happening alongside it! I haven't seen the new one, but it'd be hard to top the original.

I don't really watch that many horror films, but I remember when I was younger enjoying The Lost Boys. 'We totally annihilated his night stalking ass!' What a line!

Elvira as well... hubba hubba!

Was never that big on the Freddy or Jason films though, never really felt the urge to watch them.

Has any one ever seen "Dead Alive"? Best damn' zombie movie I've ever seen.

The scene with the lawn mower is a damn' bloodbath.

Not to mention the Kung-Fu Priest " I kick ass for the lord!" That's Twisted

Pure Brilliance!

I only know that film as Braindead - where you posting from mate? It's a wicked film though, well worth watching if you like a bit of splatter.

Tajiri - I was scared witless by Ring - I couldn't be in the same room as the television by myself for a couple of days afterwards! :)

Im with MLM on this. The orginal Dawn Of The Dead (which was on TV now long ago) is a classic. The Zombies walking around with the jolly shopping mall music = good TV :D

Anyways the only moves I class horrow. Halloween, Friday The 13th, Nightmare On Elm Street. Thing is they have bought a few new Halloween's out over the last few years which just killed the original movies. They also did that with Nightmare On Elm Street when they announced it was all a TV program (tis hard to explain, basically saying Nightmare On Elm Street was a TV program we were watching. He never was real just a character playing him. I mean arnt we meant to belive he is real? It adds to a movie) that KILLED Nightmare On Elm Street series. Jason X also killed the Friday The 13th :( Why not leave the CLASSIC horror movies alone and continue making your bull shit American college kids ****ing to be attacked by some loser in a mask? The Above three, Nightmare, Halloween and Friday 13th are TRUE classic :)

Chris

Im with MLM on this. The orginal Dawn Of The Dead (which was on TV now long ago) is a classic. The Zombies walking around with the jolly shopping mall music = good TV :D

Anyways the only moves I class horrow. Halloween, Friday The 13th, Nightmare On Elm Street. Thing is they have bought a few new Halloween's out over the last few years which just killed the original movies. They also did that with Nightmare On Elm Street when they announced it was all a TV program (tis hard to explain, basically saying Nightmare On Elm Street was a TV program we were watching. He never was real just a character playing him. I mean arnt we meant to belive he is real? It adds to a movie) that KILLED Nightmare On Elm Street series. Jason X also killed the Friday The 13th :( Why not leave the CLASSIC horror movies alone and continue making your bull shit American college kids ****ing to be attacked by some loser in a mask? The Above three, Nightmare, Halloween and Friday 13th are TRUE classic :)

Chris

Where did you hear that about Nightmare being a TV programe? I don't think I understand that.

But yes, I do agree they should just leave horror movies at number 1 and be done. A nightmare on elm street is one of the freakiest films ever, Tinas death still gives me goose bumps. :)

Steve

Has to be said the end of the original Nightmare on Elm Street still makes me jump... classic, but did any of you enjoy Wrong Turn or Cabin Fever? I enjoyed Wrong Turn more and I also thought the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was alright but for me not a patch on the original.