Michael Shane AKA: HBK?

Dickie Hyde

Now, to be honest with you, I know pretty much nothing about TNA or any of it's wrestlers for that matter. I call myself a pro wrestling fan, which I am, but all I really watch is the WWE. It is and will always be my favourite and I don't feel that anything in my eyes is going to top it.

However, what I stated above still stands, but since the Wrestling Channel has hit the UK i've been watching it for quite a while and trying to get into some of the shows. I have seen parts of two episodes of TNA at around 9pm on TWC. I have noticed a guy named Michael Shane.

I don't know anything about this kid's background but when I saw him wrestle for the first time he much reminded me of the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels. For a start, his looks and tights are of some sort of similarity. His finishing move is the super kick in which he "tunes up the band" before hand, just like HBK does. He has the flying forearm move which he executes just how HBK would, escept he doesn't nip up afterwards. His whole wrestling technique seems to compare well with Shawn Michaels.

From what I've noticed, Shane is playing the role of a heel in TNA. I don't know how up to date these shows are, so I'm just filling you in with what I've seen. But what i'd like to know is if there is any background/history between HBK and Michael Shane? Did HBK train him ect, did they ever train together?

Has anyone else noticed this? Or has it been discussed before? If anyone could give me the low down on Michael Shane it'd be appreciated, he seems like a good talent to me...

Maybe HBK is just his hero/idol and he's moulded some of HBK's style into his own technique?

Edited by Dickie Hyde

It might not surprise you to hear that Michael Shane is HBK's cousin if I'm not mistaken? Unless that's a work and I'm a total fool for buying it.

I love Michael Shane and really want to see him in the WWE some day... perhaps even continuing his gimmick in trying to copy Shawn Michaels.

It might not surprise you to hear that Michael Shane is HBK's cousin if I'm not mistaken? Unless that's a work and I'm a total fool for buying it.

I love Michael Shane and really want to see him in the WWE some day... perhaps even continuing his gimmick in trying to copy Shawn Michaels.

Well maybe I'm just a fool for starting this whole thread because I probably should have known that?! :P

As a fan of the WWE who didn't know who Shane was, it just shows how well he relates to his cousin. :)

You never know, with so many new TNA fans there might have been a few other people wondering the same thing. Although I'm sure he always says it in his promos... 'I am the Heartbreak Kid.... Shawn Micheals.... Cousin'.

Plus you got a thread started which can now turn into everyone putting Michael Shane over. Apart from the evi Chris Sabin marks :D

Michael Shane is being booked to be just like his uncle, and it doesn't work because he's not even a shadow of Michaels, and is awful on the mic. TNA did some smart booking in booking him with Shane Douglas so that he could do the promos for Michael and get him over.

i noticed that michael shane was from san antonio, wrestled like HBk, had a tattoo in the same place HBK does, had similat attire and repitoire and used the super kick.and had long hair

i thought he was a rip off or a HBK fan just wrestling like his idol....i never knew they were related. if they are

i think he's great though. from what i saw of his on TWC