Austin done with WWE?

Dead Crow

Credit: PWInsider.com

Last night, Dave Scherer reported to our Elite Subscribers that Steve Austin has reached an impasse with World Wrestling Entertainment, and his career with the company that made him a superstar may very well be at an end.

Austin, who has a new lawyer, entered into contract negotiations with WWE recently, and it took an ugly turn last week when Vince McMahon and Austin's lawyer began disagreeing over whether WWE would have control over Austin's outside projects.

Austin was not on this week's edition of Raw, and sources inform us that unless this impasse clears, he will not be back anytime soon.

In my view Austins stock went when he took that one year hiatus. In my view that was a bad move and besides his Mania match against The Rock, he hasn't done anything to me which is worth noting. The WWE will be fine without him. However, it is a shame though, such a great career could end in such dire circumstances.

I think he means Eddie is a star now rather than he will become a star in the future.

I understand where he is coming from, but they seem to be laying the foundations now for the future of the company, and Eddie Guererro appears to be a big part of it, he is the future of WWE in my opinion, along with many others. Thats what I was trying to get at...

I think the reason for all this contract hassle is that ol' Stone Cold only wanted to take part in inter-gender matches from now on, and vince understandably doesn't want the likes of trish's pretty face smashed to bits by a WIFE BEATING SON OF A BITCH!!!

What?

Oh God Help us Now if Eddie Guerrero is the FUTURE of WWE!!!!!

If anything; he will be the beginning of the huge Downfall of WWE!!!!

How is he the downfall of WWE? Since he won the title, house show attentance on SmackDown! has risen and he is hugely over!!! One of the things that was annoying Lesnar was that house show attendance went up when Eddie won the belt. Eddie taps nito the Spanish market...he wont be the downfall, thats already been proven.

I think the reason for all this contract hassle is that ol' Stone Cold only wanted to take part in inter-gender matches from now on, and vince understandably doesn't want the likes of trish's pretty face smashed to bits by a WIFE BEATING SON OF A BITCH!!!

What?

That really wasn't funny at all.

I'll admit it, i'm an Austin mark. I don't want him to leave, I think he does wonders for the company and the fans. Yes, he can't wrestle anymore due to injury, but he can put people over, which he was starting to do. (See the Shelton Benjamin angle) (please no arguments about how he puts himself over other superstars, and yes I know it wasn't a physical way of putting someone over but it was still there.)

Whatever he did or didn't do, Austin is good for the company, and that's a fact. He does take part in a RAW TV/house show sellout, as many still want to see him there. (particularly me at the tour of defiance in May) He's a great face and does his job well. He still sells great merchandise and will continue to do so providing he stays with the WWE. This will make them a hell of a lot of money as it has done in the past. As far as i'm concerned anything that Austin does outside of the WWE which doesn't concern them (the WWE) directly really has nothing to do with them. (In particular, his private life)

Steve even had this beer product of his own coming up which in turn would have also made the WWE money. It's a great shame if they let him go under these circumstances, he should go out with a major bang if it has to happen.

All I can say is, Steve, fight for what you believe in and do what's best for you. I hope to see you on RAW next week. If not, you'd better be at the Tour Of Defiance in May :) (The brummy event ;))

Good luck to you in your negotiations Steve...

Edited by Dickie Hyde

If only Austin had left after Survivor Series and not wasted his time with the whole Sherrif/Quad Bike gimmick, then I might have been sorry to see him go.

But the fact is, he's wasting valuable TV time by being a character who can't wrestling. Even if you've got a wild crowd behind you and sell merchandise like hot cakes, at the end of the day, if you can't work a match you're not worth keeping around.

I hope that Austin does part ways with WWE, and I'd also like to see him appear on NWA TNA for a while. OK, it might make for some crap TV, but the fact is that Austin still has fans who would buy NWA TNA shows just to see him.

I hope that Austin does part ways with WWE' date=' and I'd also like to see him appear on NWA TNA for a while. OK, it might make for some crap TV, but the fact is that Austin still has fans who would buy NWA TNA shows just to see him.[/quote']

Austin in NWA-TNA would be a short term draw at best as TNA would not be able to market or take full advantage of the "Stone Cold character" as the WWE own fulls rights to that name/image etc.

I think Stone Cold will stay with the WWE though he should be used more backstage helping the younger talent while still maintaining a limited on air role.

I think TNA would fork out millions just to have Austin on one show, and it would probably pay off, especially if the Fox Sports Net deal goes through.

However, I can see WWE curving to his needs. The old guard is started to cut out on them, and I think they'll do everything they can to keep Austin on board.

This is all about the stone cold brand of beer and without wwe people will not buy the beer. to put it simply, stone cold needs wwe and with all these bad storys going around wwe does not need the bad publicisicm or stone cold. he wont go to TNA because his ego is too big, and the only good thing to come out of that would be a styles/austin fued as no other stars are big enough and it would be a lot easier if wwe got styles