Chelsea on for the Champions League?

Alan

So who would have guessed it? Chelsea and Monaco into the Champions League semi-finals. I was pleasantly surprised, and quite overjoyed, especially as i despise Arsenal. I think the game was very close, but in the end Chelsea deserved to take the win and i hope they go on to win it. They will have a tough time though, Monaco will bring their top game and will be looking towards the final! I didnt see their game against Real, but from the score it must have been amazing. I dont think anyone thought that Monaco could come back from a 4-2 defecit (5-2 after Real got the first goal of the game) and go through on away goals.

On a final note, just last week Arsenal were on for the treble, and now all they have is the premeirship, and even that is getting close with Chelsea only 4 points behind! How quickly a teams season can change :devil

I think that Chelsea could end up doing the double now, it all depend on how Arsenal respond to this latest set back.

I think that it was dissapointing that TV coverage was concentraiting on how Henry was taken off and how that could have been a mistake rather than the great substitutions by Ranieri, Cole caused problems for the Arsenal full back so much that Lundberg had to come deeper which allowed Bridge room to go forward and eventually score the winner. Crespo provided an extra dimension because he can move into the midfield and pass the ball around and Gronkjaer looked unstoppable all night, Cole couldn't handle him.

Really I think that Chelsea can win the Champions League now, and hopefully Ranieri won't get the sack.

The only surprise of this week was ac milan going out.I thought chelsea would win because arsenal seemed to be cracking under pressure and monaco winning is not a surprise because real madrid have a shit defence and they are not even the best team in spain.I will remember that legendary deportivo performance for a long time.I hope its a chelsea v deportivo final.