Bret Hart Interview

Matt

This was without a doubt the best thing ive seen on The Wrestling Channel so far. Bret being my favourite wrestler of all time i was really looking forward to it and it didnt dissapoint.

I particularly enjoyed his comments about Bischoff and WCW. I was amazed when he said about Bischoff coming up to him 30 seconds before he walked through the curtain and told him there was a change of plan and that Bret had to make up a promo on the spot. Then had the nerve to criticize it :?

With moves like that its no real suprise WCW went under.

Anyway did anyone else catch this 'Shoot Interview' and if so what did u think.

Anyway did anyone else catch this 'Shoot Interview' and if so what did u think.

It was a good interview, but not as good as the Jake Roberts one. I find that RF always ask the bigger stars easier questions, which is a shame. They should have delved deeper with Bret and talked about how he used to take Cocaine and smoke crack with the Anvil etc. People want to hear all the dirt IMO. Its the same with HBK, he doesnt get asked many pressing questions in his either.

What suprised me was when he said he met with Vinnie Mac in a park near his home to discuss Owen's death and how they both were intending to handle the situation. Which did seem look like a good idea. For the two to have a talk and clear the air, so to speak after Owen's death. I thought that was pretty cool of Bret to do and not just go through the lawyers.

Then it came.

Bret's ego kicks in and he mentions the fact after nothing was really resolved between him and Vince over Owen's death he still asked Vince; "why did you screw me!?" If I were in Bret's situation after my brother had died, that would be the last thing on my mind. After all Bret did have a big money WCW contract and it wasn't like Vince seriously hurt his career.

Bret Hart seems the kind of guy who only cares about Bret Hart. Seriously. I think if the tables were turned and it was Shawn who was leaving for WCW and Vince wanted to screw Shawn infront of his hometown crowd, then Bret would have been more than happy to go along with it. If anyone doubts the fact that Bret is only out for number one, then why the hell after Owen died was he still so bitter and needed to bring it up with Vince after all that had happened? Ok. The screw job hurt Bret, but surely not hurt him as deep as Owens death. Well at least you should think.

Bret is quite bitter, but it's as if some people bashing him think he's bitter without reason. I'm no big fanboy for him, but Taj hits it when he says Bret's had a ton of stuff happen to him since 1997. On a seperate note, Shawn Micheals shoot tonight, should be a hoot.

The HBK interview has been scheduled for like the last 2 weeks, but late on Monday or early Tuesday they always change it? I don't know why? I'm really looking forward to Shawn's interview as well as Cornette's. Both should be pretty good.

And about Bret's bitching, fair enough since he left WWF (and the way he left WWF didn't help) not a lot of good has come his way. But at the end of the day there's been a lot of great things for Bret in his wrestling career, he has had a tremendus career and has influenced millions and still to this day is admired by thousands if not millions of fans worldwide. He could try and focus on the positives a little more, but maybe if he gets his way his book could shed light on the better moments (and there are many of them) of his career. Like Rikidozan I'm no huge fan of Bret, but still it would be good to see a book from him maybe concentrating on the better side of his life. He doesn't need to neglect or hide from the bad things which has come his way, but maybe he could handle them a little better. I say maybe as some of the things that have come his will have been highly stressful to say the least.

The HBK one... I've read the Smartmarks.com review of it ages ago, and by the looks of it, it'll be awful. Particularly because the guy was SUCH an ass at the time.

As for Bret being hypocritical, I honestly didn't see that in Bret's interview, and although I've criticised him loads in the past I honestly came away from that interview agreeing with him on almost everything. He might moan a lot yeh, but he might not want to moan in his book, you never know :P

And man, that interview totally reminded me why I was a WWF fan all my life and was so happy when WCW died. What a joke.

The HBK one... I've read the Smartmarks.com review of it ages ago, and by the looks of it, it'll be awful. Particularly because the guy was SUCH an ass at the time.

Should make great viewing. (Just checked the listings and its scheduled for next week now - aparently!?!)

Listening to Shawn spit shit on everyone else whilst reminding us, he can have a great match with anyone and that he is 'The Icon'. I loved HBK and his attitude in those days, his attitude is that like; 'Stifler' where he really doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone else. And its his way or the high way. If he had brought that kind of attitude back to wrestling with him, he would have had less friends, but a more exciting career.

got this at twc website

Shoot Interviews

Tuesdays at 10pm

Repeats: Wed @ 11am, Thu @ 5pm, Fri @ 7pm, Sun @ 1am, Mon @ 6pm,

Visit the Shoot Interview website

Ever wondered what it’s like to be a wrestler? Then don’t miss the weekly two-hour shoot interviews we’ll be broadcasting every week. Many of the biggest names in pro wrestling have sat down with the crew behind ROH to discuss their careers, and a whole lot more!

So, to find out Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart’s opinions on the Montreal screwjob, Jim Cornette’s views on Vince Russo, Shane Douglas’ thoughts on Ric Flair and countless numbers of unreal road stories from wrestling’s larger-than-life stars, checking out the weekly shoot interviews will be an absolute must.

I loved the story about Hogan pitching the idea for him to do a run-in and beat down on both Goldberg and Bret for no apparnt reason.

It was actually Bischoff who pitched the idea about the Hogan run-in, they did pitch it to Hogan who said that it didn't make any sense for him to do a run-in and that the original idea of the steel plate was a good one.