TNA Closer to National TV Deal?

Tajiri

From 411:

The general feeling is that TNA's TV deal with Fox Sports Net will be finalized soon if it hasn't been already. The first show is expected to air in June. TNA management is apparently already saying "Once we get on Fox Sports Net..." when talking about future plans.

The plan seems to be to drop the weekly PPVs completely once a TV deal is struck. The company would then run one Sunday PPV per month.

Thats good news, I hope that TNA do get a national TV deal, althought the product has been not as good as it was, I think a TV deal would make people take the promotion more seriously.

As long as they keep people like Rhodes out of the lime light, and ensure that show in not just focused on Jarrett, I think the company could be more succesful. I've heard the shows will be taped in Tampa, which would probably be another bonus because I've also heard they are having trouble filling the TNA Asylum. Anyways, good news :xyx

Edited by Dan

how many shows does TNA have per week would also like to state that if TNA gets the deal it will become a lot more entertainment based which may turned a lot of its fans to WWE

They have a 2 hour PPV every Wednesday night, and also broadcast a show called "Xplosion" which is a highlight shows, also featuring some matches taped before the 2 hour PPV. Xplosion is broadcast on various channels and states arcoss the US.

would also like to state that if TNA gets the deal it will become a lot more entertainment based which may turned a lot of its fans to WWE

Not sure if that will happen, TNA officals have launched a new marketing campaign called "Wrestling Reinvented"

"The content of wrestling has gotten out of hand,” said Carter. “In an effort to shock the viewer, storylines in our industry that were once considered obscene are now unfortunately common place. For a period of time now, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling has made a conscious shift in the content of our shows and will continue to do so. We have distinguished our product from our competitor and provided the pay-per-view buyer with a true alternative.”

http://www.nwatna.com/news/2004/03/12/news.html

Whether TNA stick to this is another matter.

GREAT news!!! I love TNA, if TNA get this tv deal then I think its right to say that things can only get better for wrestling as a whole. Competition is what is needed. It will force WWE and TNA to be more creative and entertaining. The best days of wrestling were when WCW and WWE were in direct competition. TNA may at the moment not be as good as at once was, but they still rock.

Jerry lynn!! A J Styles!! X division!! need I say more???

Guest Fully

TNA is bloody brillaint! I get the episodes sent to ema nd I have to say it is brilliant. dont place any spoliers here though.

As for Jeff jarrett, the shows are not based around him that much and infact in the last four weeks he has had only one match, with no promos either. The harris/jarrett match on march 17th was brillaint.

TNA on a wednesday night is far to superior to RAW or Smackdown. TNA give whole shows over to the brilliant americas x cup, which this wednesday is being defended by Team AAA against Team uk.

TNA is so good

i dont even like tna it sucks. the only thing that is good are the x division wrestlers and the rest are pretty awful the only exeptions are aj styles and jarrett.tna is full of wrestlers who arnt good enough to make it in the wwe or have been released by them. i will now give you a few examples of the comparisons with tna and wwe: tna has dusty rhodes wwe has ric flair, wwe has bischoff tna has russo, wwe has kane tna has abyss to sum it up i think tna is DIRE

• 2 weeks later...