Do you like a flutter?

Popsi

being as its grand national day and ive just put my first bet on (only a pound but its something!) i was just curious as to what others people bet on or not?

do you regularly put money on the ponies? or the dogs or football games?

or do you have a line on the lottery?

i tend to do the lottery once in a blue moon and buy scratchcards once a month or so. most ive ever won was £10 - never won anything on the lottery.

if you do gamble whats the most youve won?

Yes, myself and Gill have a flutter every week on the races.

Most we've won is about £165 quid in one go.

I try the fixed-odds betting on the football, but there's always some last minute equaliser that deprives me. :(

I do a lot of online spread betting, mainly on football, but i also have a lot of success betting on cricket. I occaisonally bet on the horses.Im in a lottery syndicate at work so i rarely buy individual tickets for that

I did bet on the National today and did very well indeed thank you. I had the winner, the third and the fifth placed horses backed each way so i made a tidy sum. I would have won even more but I backed the second horse to win so if first and second had been reversed then I would have been truly minted! :thumbsup

Oh and just to make it even more perfect, the horse my mother in law backed fell at the first fence :lol

Edited by HSM

I'm not the better in my house, the brother is. He's only ten, but gets my dad to put his football bets on. He won £165 in one go, and on boxing day, got £75 for getting the Man City score. Well ace, specially as he gives me a cut just for being me :)

Gambling is my major vice, my substitute for smoking. (Drinking isn't a vice, obviously.)

I spend £4 a week on the Lottery, £1 on the Lotto and Thunderball every Wednesday and Saturday.

I bet on most football matches and tournaments that interest me- I am now branching out into other sports.

And, in every day life- I make bets far more than is sensible. Every game of ISS with a mate usually results in a bet being struck, and as for Pool, well I have a £100 bet with a mate that is currently ongoing.

So, yes- I like a flutter. :)