WWE finally booking the way they should???

silverG

I have just watched RAW and "Oh myGod!" it was good. I was expecting the same old re-hashed episode that we've all seen week in week out, but NO!! what I saw was pretty good. But the icing on the cake had to be the final match:Shelton benjamin VS triple H. When the match was first announced I thought it would suck. (With a vengance.) But no, it kicked ass!!!! Shelton was so believable!!! He put on an amazing display of talent,and suprise of all suprises, Triple H jobbed to Shelton, and lost the match. Could it be that WWE has finally got this whole booking thing right??? Benoit as Raw champ, Eddie as Smackdowns, and now Shelton beating Triple H????? Please let it be true.

I personally want to see more of Shelton vs some of the other big guns on Raw, as this was the best match I have seen in a long time. If he was believable against Trip H, why cant he put on a good match against others?????

The main event of this latest inatallment of Raw is one of the best in SO long.

A return to form for true wrestling??? You tell me.

PS Shawn michaels looks like he's been working out, could he be getting back into shape??? Could we once again see a real show stopper??

Edited by silverG

Yessss. I've been harping on about Shelton for so long to my friends but was never taken seriously. The better worker from The Minnisota Wrecking Crew is finally hear.

P.S. Well done to Trips for actually jobbing on TV.

Well done to Trips for actually jobbing on TV.

That's just plain ridiculous :roll Here we go AGAIN...

To be recent, he's already jobbed at Wrestlemania which was on TV WORLDWIDE.

Anyway, let's not turn this into a how many times HHH has jobbed thread. I just had to point that out because as much as you was congratulating Tripps, you was also being very sarcastic and having a little "dig" at him so to speak.

No sarcasm intended my friend. As little as I rate him, he does normaly do what he considers to be best for buisness ( if it is actually whats best is another debate for another day). After all how many people let Taka Minichinoku ( or however its spelt) look like a genuine threat to the Heavyweight title? My point was that as a newcomer to raw with little storylines left behind on Smackdown, where he was a heel, Benjamin suprised me by getting a main event as a face Vs top heel HHH and that as Tripper jobbed he allowed a fairly unknown quantity into the mix. After all if the fans didnt get behind the new face SB then Tripper would have looked a lot weaker than he would have liked for future angles. See? I know I should have gone into more depth than just a sentance but I had to go to the shop for coffee!

Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy ripping Hunter when he deserves it IMO.

I never really realised untill the last RAW how damn good a wrestler Shelton benjamin was. I mean I really hadnt counted on him being capable of taking on top level guys. How wrong I was!!!!! (slap on the wrists for me.) I'm glad WWE is giving someone a push who actually diserves the elevated status.

Now dont get me wrong this takes nothing away from triple H, the two of em had a great match, I just think that trips aint been on best form for a while, given a little time and I'm sure that he will be back to his blistering best.

Thanx triple H for giving an underestimated wrestler a chance.

Good match, good show...

Shelton Benjamin is a real dark horse, and is worth keeping an eye on for his potential yet to come.

Hell, I'd book him as a new member of Evolution somewhere down the line...he needs something to fit into, and him being a new and sucessful up-comer seems to be the perfect way to get him into the group, somehow...until they can give him something more to do. ^^

Well, by the looks of Raw, WWE have finally rubbed a few braincells together and relised Shelton Benjamin could be a good main-eventer and could have a good say in the future of the WWE.

Of course he's along side other people who will carry WWE forward like Cena, Orton, Edge, Christian and Batista, but most of these guy's have already have begun their push.

Shelton has the charisma that managed to evade Brock, but slightly less muscle mass- hence why no push now. But now that Vince is more secure pushing smaller wrestlers, such as Eddie and Benoit, then Shelton (who admittedly is no cruiser) gets his chance at main event spots.

I think this one is going to go somewhere!

Edited by Paul

Whoa whoa whoa. Have to stop ya there. Cheap shots at my hero Brock are not allowed! Granted there was a period after Heyman had left Brock to do his own talking that Brock was pretty dull on the mic, but last year he had developed himself into a worker who could deliver a pretty decent promo.

And as for the whole thing... I pray this doesn't lead to Shelton being squashed... or at least returning the job with this whole annoying I.O.U. mentality, but I'll believe it when I see it. If it doesn't, then the WWE is indeed taking its product in the right direction (or at least one brand of it. I think Bradshaw/Taker speak for themselves).

I love how people point out 1 time HHH made someone look good' date=' and ignore the 63 times he didn't. Taka is 1, Jeff, RVD, Booker, Maven, Jericho, etc is more. I'll see how this one goes.[/quote']

Yes but surely that argument is the same with any WWE main eventer who has been around for some time? I.E - Rocky, Austin, Taker, Hogan ect...

When on a title run they are going to win matches, thus in people's opinions "not making their opponents look good." It's the same with Trippers, but most people seem to rip into him for some reason. Just because he's had rather long title runs?

You count any WWE main eventers jobs, and compared it to their non-jobs. The only way Triple H will ivade them (only possible) with less jobs is on his title runs...

Triple H is the only proven main eventer and is also the last main eventer left from the boom period from a few years ago. All the challengers has never mainevented or carried a company, so what are you going to do? If your too afraid to make your maineventer look week your not going to do it!

Is it no surprise that now business is starting to pick up they are booking Trips to put people over? now is the time for star making.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Triple H has provided us with some fine entertainment, and has kept things afloat for a considerable period. I personaly like the fact that he has winning streaks, coz u never can tell (even with plenty of hype in favour of the oponent) who will win. (Mick foley being the best example.) But it has to be said that trips is def not putting on his best matches of late.

But yes a agree that maybe I was a tad outa line by making out that it was such a suprise that trips jobbed.

sorry.

I think it was a damned surprise! Who really would have expected Shelton Benjamin, a mid card heel from Smackdown, to beat HHH? Not me thats for sure. Tripper has made himself so dominant that pretty much no one expects him to lose, therefor its a surprise that he does.

By putting over Shelt, even the once, Trips has made people take notice of Mr B. Which is why I said well done in my first post on the subject. If it had been a house show who really would have cared?

Have been blind drunk this weekend so haven't been able to post until now. I'd judt like to say that the HHH vs Shelton Benjamin match was utterly from the top drawer. It was the most entertaining match since Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker.

Not only was there a great wrestling match but the attitude, comedy and down-right cockiness of both wrestlers lit up the show. Bravo.

Cheers!